The Worst Things in Chiswick, Greater London*
The entirely missable and worth mentioning because of it
You can tell us more about Chiswick.
The Worst Things
- Kew Bridge Station - a disgrace
- The awful women in enormous 4x4s they can't drive which they really need to take their child to prep school-well Chiswick is known for its mountainous terrain and treacherous driving conditions..
- The traffic calming measures in Hartington Road, locally known as 'lunacy lane'
The increase in grafitti in the last year or so.
- Peeps from kensington getting stabbed on my turf.
- the house prices are insane!
- crime rate
- The A4 Road. I live on Hogarths Roundabout and it really stinks!
- With house prices rising all the time unfortunately the "yuppies" have now moved in, the "oh how lovely to see you darling" ones!!!!
- NOWHERE TO DRINK LATE
- Mortimer and Bennet Food shop.Turnham Green Terrace.
The service in here is "funny".There is always a tense
atmosphere "in the air"from the "staff".Maybe something do with
the high prices like Nougat bars @ £10 each.
The staff do not seem to like helping customers at all(for instance
rudely refusing to weigh vegetables)and appear cross if people do
not buy anything.Some of the other customers are a bit "off"too.
One day it all exploded in a major hooha with The proprietor using
sexual swear words at a customer.The self declared odd greengrocer next door
m&c (quoted as saying "we sell queer gear here"joined in with physical threats
and it all became quite an argy bargy.I prefer Harrods so much "cooler".
- When I moved away [financial reasons]
- The Piccadily line no longer stops at Turnham Green station.
Recently some pubs have been getting some very rough patrons. Obviously not locals!
- Peoples attitude. Going shopping is like Destruction Derby in Sainsburys.
Parking is terrible. The whole area is to become a Resident Only Parking" area soon.
- The worst thing is that there are far too many pizza-pasta places.
- Pretty much dead after 11pm
- posh buggies
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: nikesh, T Payne, robertsong, Tracey Nichols, chaz, Alan Armstrong, Peter Ray, Karl Roche, Caz Nicklin, sean, julie moore, bruce, gareth roberts, Ralph Stephen, Sam Rolt, Susie, claire, Andrew Davey, emma, ele, matt, Bill McGraw, email@example.com, Mark Evamy, Mark Tompsett, william, Owain, generic, Campbell, BARBARA DUDLEY, Christine, James Hewson, Sam, Nicola, Pitch Invasion, emms, Jenny, Oli Lee, blackpad, M, halsey, Zaki Moosa, Paul, Sean Lomas, David Andersen, Rob, Martin Hanness, Jan, Rob Charig, Peter Poulton, Emmilynne Berkeley, duncan andrew, treee, Eric Gilchrist, Peter Bowyer, Tony, Jim Thompson
Last updated: 2008-03-30
More stuff about Chiswick
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- Chiswick Knowhere Board