The places where you buy your music
You can tell us more about Cirencester.
- umm to be fair i tend to go to swindon hmv ...
- Tesco probably.DD
- Both Virgin and Our Price have long since gone. WHSmith sell very little (of anything!, Woolys sells some. If you want classical - tough! Theres a new littl place up Gloucester St. called 'Just Musiking' limited stock but very willing to order. Also sheet music, guitars, sax etc. Aug 05
- Nothing at all. If you want the worlds best music, go to Glasgow
- Badlands in cheltenham
- Insanity....yes it truly is the new name of the V shop... love ya Phil!
- There are no decent record shops - it is very sad. Tower Records used to be good for old cheesy records and weird tapes but it's gone. There is the new Virgin music shop, but it's not particularly different to the other 500 across the country.Look outside the charity shop next to the Black Horse because they often give away old records. Admittedly, obsxure 80s ones and classical mainly, but worth a look incase you find an imported copy of The Beatles' white album....
- Tower Sounds died on NYE 1999. Now all that remains is Woolworths, WH Smith, Our Price, and Tesco Home and Wear. Not good.
- I have just returned to Ciren in my holiday (from uni in Sheffield) and was sorry to find that Tower Sounds has closed down.
Now all that is left is WHSmiths, Woolworths and a very poor Our Price. Why can't my home town move with the times?
- Tower Sounds have a good range of 12' Dance and Indie plus upstairs they have a classical music dept.
- The Our Price is small but they will order in anything that you want, including limited release dance records!
- Others:- W H Smith and Woolworths.
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: Ian Hunter, mcflurry, leannne, Barry Owen, Greg Ash, simon, kerry, charles, Stephen Sweet, roper, Michelle Williams, grace keip, NA, Suzanne Walpole, jowan, Tony Douglas, wrihgty, Simon Dyer, tykee, Drewardo Makino Donaldez, TOM, billysmith, Amanda, susie, Andy's Skate Shop, jammo, jonny, nione, -, BigSteve, Dave Bunting, Paul, DoubleD, TIKEY, Pete, firstname.lastname@example.org, Maverick, Amanda Westlake, sarah, Barney, anon, rochelle, Georgie, jim bob, Rigsby, a, Mark Harris, t, kerry smith, the legend, Gerry, vix, generic, Carpy, email@example.com, r, jonnt, Gary Bliss, N Birch, holle, firstname.lastname@example.org, c. a. lennon, Mahala Plater, ......, Rob, Ed Turner, Stratton skater, Goadie, jay conners, Andy, James Davis, Steve
Last updated: 2008-08-15
More stuff about Cirencester
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- Cirencester Knowhere Board