Favourite Building in Clapham, Greater London*
Art deco, contemporary, futuristic, tall, short...
You can tell us more about Clapham.
- The Library - on the North Side of the common. Very cool building.
- The old post office, tucked away behind the high street is a little gem of a building, as is the Art Studios round the corner from it, but they're never open!
- St Mary's Church, Clapham Park Road. A real gem, designed by Pugin. Ask nicely and you may get a tour of the monastery thrown in.
- Holy trinity church, the place where the Clapham Sect used to meet, this group led the campaign against slavery in the British Empire. Respect.
- Soho Gyms will be opening a new gym in July/Aug on the old Budgins sight.
For more info cotact email address
- The building that you mention as a favourite building on Clapham High Street is not a surveyors office, but a Moxleys Architects studio. Built in 1906 as a Temperance billiards hall by the Manchester Temperence Movement and designed by N. Evans, it is one of over 25 built in the same style in London. If you want us to email a photo let us know. Our website is www.moxley.co.uk.
- There's a converted building near to Burger King in Clapham North which is a Chartered Surveyors which looks really nice... great big windows.
- Sainsburys definitely
- mad building off bedford road with turret-like tower out of a fantasty film.
- st.barnabas church. this puppy is visable from the train into clapham station
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: Jeff Pickthall, richard wyland, Dom, brett, tony amos, laura, Ludi, Lucy, Paul Thompson, Karl Roche, johnny rotten, Chris Hall, Darrell De Souza, jessebelle, joshua, em, Ali, Chris E., Soho Gyms, generic, natalie rydstrom, angelina, matty b, Amanda, Kieron Humphrey, easter, joel, JS, Mark Clarke, antony obrien, Anne Scrope, Kees van Vlooren, Kerri Clay, jacqui, Marco, Jonas Jaanimagi, CATHY, C M Corcoran, Mike Moxley, Jackie Hillsdon, Zeeka, Simon Edwards, alison, marianna
Last updated: 2008-10-14
More stuff about Clapham
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- Clapham Knowhere Board