The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else in Clapham, Greater London*
The things which can't be categorised
You can tell us more about Clapham.
The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- I've found a great new restaurant called Grafton House, where Exhibit B used to be, right next to the fire station. It looks totally different inside, and is a great place if you want to have a special evening. There is a bar at the front which does amazing cocktails and they have a DJ on thurs, fri and sat night! Definitely one to got to!
- The Sprite Urban Games are held on the common every summer.
- Two bars to suggest: Revolution(Clapham High Sreet)hich is a vodka bar serving over 50 differnet vodkas from all over the world!!! Brilliant cocktails.Try the "Russian Bride" it's like the "White Russian" but with an extra ingredient.And DJs playing music across the board. The other bar is Sand on Clapham Park Road...stylish deco, try the "Bloody Mary" and DJs again...
- Those shoe girls at the top of Landor Road made a right abortion of my brogues: use Chris the cobbler at the top of Bedford Road instead.
- Death to Rogue Traders! That programme that did a feature on the cab station / canabis dealers in clapham. Given they were being allowed to operate by the police, this cheapo programme did not have the public interest at heart in reporting this place. They didn't even pretend to, it was a 2minute gimick segment based on the 'hilarity' of dealers being called grampas. So Rogue traders, stay out of the clapham, we don't want you here.
Peace to all my peeps caught on the camera
- Ther's a Party Shop on Lavender Hill
- There should be more good-looking men frequenting Clapham drinking holes!!!
- The swimming pool is in Clapham Manor Street - NOT Clapham Park Road.
There is the most amazing shoe shop at the Clapham North end of Landor Road: they make the weirdest footwear for artistes - and also do proper repairs, not just heels and soles.
Willie Smart's (on the Pavement near CC underground) for hair
Robertsons - CC end of Clapham Park Road - is a great diy shop: small but stocks things actually needed by its customers. Very helpful. Cuts keys more accurately than anywhere else.
Tregothans in Abbeville Road is useful for food/videos/diy at odd hours (including Sundays outside big shop hours).
NB Sainsburys is open 11-5 (not 10-4) on Sundays - reflecting the hours the local keep
- The Swimming Pool (down Clapham Park Road) is better than Camberwell and Brixton. Cleaner at any rate. And quieter.
- i LOVE clapham!! the common is beautiful. i enjoyed tea and super-gooey desserts in the purple cafe.
- The floatation Centre, opposite the common. Chill out in a tub full of salty water, have some herbal tea and then try to walk down the unfeassiably steep stairs on the way out.
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: Jeff Pickthall, richard wyland, Dom, brett, tony amos, laura, Ludi, Lucy, Paul Thompson, Karl Roche, johnny rotten, Chris Hall, Darrell De Souza, jessebelle, joshua, em, Ali, Chris E., Soho Gyms, generic, natalie rydstrom, angelina, matty b, Amanda, Kieron Humphrey, easter, joel, JS, Mark Clarke, antony obrien, Anne Scrope, Kees van Vlooren, Kerri Clay, jacqui, Marco, Jonas Jaanimagi, CATHY, C M Corcoran, Mike Moxley, Jackie Hillsdon, Zeeka, Simon Edwards, alison, marianna
Last updated: 2008-10-14
More stuff about Clapham
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- Clapham Knowhere Board