Corner eateries, quick bites and the local chippy
You can tell us more about Colindale.
- The large Food Court in The "Oriental City" Shopping Centre
(Formerly Yahon Plaza)has really gone down.The food stays the same as a year ago.
But hoards of junior office workers have "discovered"the cheap dishes.
Its become more greasy and has broadened out from Hokkaido Japanese
to Vitenamese Indonesian Malay Hong Kong and even African and Indian
representation on the Centre staff in great profusion.
The Food Court is looking a tad tired dirty and other parts are under building work.
The toilets immaculate a year earlier were very untidy.
I doubt I shall eat there again.
The big Japanese supermarket there though is keeping up standards
Fresh fish flown in from Japan daily.
The Oriental City is a short walk from Colindale Tube Station
on The Edgware Road.
- too many to mention - Frankies is shit now Frankie has left.
- Oriental city, as the name suggests, is chockers with Asian food from your regular restaurants to buffets, karaoke nights, and a massive chinese supermarket. However, by far the BEST food can be enjoyed at the food court (where all the locals go) where you can select from a variety of cuisines: Thai, Malaysian, Japanese, Korean, Indonesian, Chinese, Indian - you get the picture - and all at incredibly low prices! The atmosphere is pretty chaotic and finding a seat on a Saturday lunch time can certainly be a struggle, but the quality cheap food is worth it!
- 2 Chinese takeaways - Oriental Express & Lotus House.
Oriental Express has a different style to oridinary boring chinese takeaways. It has an open planned kitchen where you can see you food being cooked fresh. A very modern approach to chinese takeaways.
Oriental City: An oriental themed building some great chinese restaurants and even a food court, also includes a Japanese bookshop and Sega Games Arcade
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: Christine Hennigan, John Hunt, shari, Naomi Alderman, Nimesh, Joe McKune, Vincent, rob butler, Mr.Campbell, BOOZER, BlondeBombshell
Last updated: 2008-10-14
More stuff about Colindale
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- Colindale Knowhere Board