Pubs in Connahs Quay, Flintshire*
The place to go for a lazy afternoon, pub quiz or last call
You can tell us more about Connahs Quay.
- ALBION HOTEL no fresh faces or drugs or scraps thats old news
- Well here's a 2009 update, Deg = Dead, Red Hall Hall = Dead, Gawain = good cheap ale, no idiots but mostly men. Halfway = expensive ale, but a good place to eat and friendly place. Swan = Closed, Cross Keys = open and shut every other month, locals pub. Hare + Hounds = Good ale, good crowd on a fri sat sun night, ok for any football. Ship = Dead. Custom House + cheap ale thurs and a few in, dead sat/sun. Boathouse, reoppened and quite good. Bit of a sports bar where there have numerous tellys.
- Red Hall been took over, mite do sumfink with the place. Gwain good and cheap, as is the labour. The rest are full of peeps with asbos.
- the navy club, the hare and houds, the cross, the boat, gillespies, the half way, the wepre inn, the sir gwain
- if you are new around for a family meal the halfway house is the nicest for cheapish nice food its not a gastro pub but ok on a school night
- Custom House. Hahaha. There's about 234343 pubs around here. and they're all full of mouthy buggers from the surrounding council houses.
- Custom house, aslong as you get the right side, the left hand bar is full of 20 somthings with testosterone problems.
- RED HALL PUB VERY NICE PLACE TO GO FOR A PINT AN A GAME OF POOL!
SUPRISINGLY I HAVE NEVER SEEN A GOTH OR MOSHER IN THERE HHMHMHMHMHHMHMHMMM
THERES THE BOATHOUSE THE SWAN CROSS KEYS GILLESPIES AND OTHER GOOD PUBS TO GO TO
- the halfway
- Boathouse rocks specially when the LOVING CUP are on!!
- the hare and hounds has not been mentioned,years ago when the steel works was thriving it was the most popular pub in connahs quay.it went down hill when the steel works made most of its workfors redundunt and the pigion men left.that was ten years ago,then came a series of very dodgy landlords who wrecked the pub.in 1998 mark and sandra took over the pub and have got it back to an 11o clock morning regulars pub,the best place to watch football it has two massive screens and shows saturday football at 3,00,games not on sky! without doubt they have the best carling in deeside.
- they are all bad
- can i b bothered to say? NO they r all crap
- the hare and hounds is the best pub in connahs quay
- Gwain n Halfway
- CRAP CRAP CRAP
- the cuzzy house served my 17 yr old m8 thank u
- Custom House or Gillespies are probably the best.
- gillespies, home of the beautiful people (not that there are many in the quay). great beer and not a teeny bobber in sight(they go to the boat) the best night out around.
- gettin into the albion is usually easy, boathouse is a youth club and u can usually get served for drink and fags in corner shops (the botom road one is easy)
- i go to honki tonks in wrexham its full of gays like my self
- Old Quay House - fine alehouse, shame about the jukebox. The Ship - Quality alehouse, nice folk, great landlord & landlady, shame about the jukey though. Oh yeah, and the pool room has got supports holding the roof up - play at your own risk! Sir Gawain - nice pint (cheap too), but gets v. crowded at the weekend 'cause it's small. Custom House - ok if you like crap tasting, expensive beer. Boathouse - ok in the front room when a half decent band is on, otherwise average. Gillespies - utter pants. Red Hall - average. Wepre Inn - not bad, but miles out of the way to be included in a pub crawl. The Swan - better than it used to be. Cross Keys - ok. Halfway House - nice for couples in the big room, proper bar on the other side. Ace landlord. I think that just about covers it....
- Avoid the draft beer in the Clwyd - if you value your health that is.
- Gispellies by kwicks (kwicks yay 4 sams chippy! lol) seems alrite, stupid dress code tho, lol
- There All Shit
- What about the Deg. 10 Years ago it was the place to be for young, of age, people. Gone abit downhill 2 years ago. Last I was in Connah's Quay, the Custom house was the spot. No room to move on a sunday night. quite through the week. And then the last resort, without leaving connah's quey, the Boathouse. dingy and dirty and busy. very young.
- well skit me if u want but I LOVE the boat house on a staurday - all drinks a quid!! u can get wrecked on a tenner! now thats what i call good. the cussie is good on a sunday but thats bout it! the rest like the swan and the ship r all holes - full of pervy men
- HARE & HOUNDS, JUST THE MOST BEST PLACE TO BE.
EVERY SUNDAY AFTERNOON KAREOKE......WHY NOT TRY IT
WIDE SCREEN TV................WHATCH THE MATCH
DRINK TILL U DROP, WITH ALL THE GREAT LOCALS....
THE BAR STAFF ARE DEAD SOUND........THE BUNCH THAT DRINK THERE ARE WELL SOUND
- Gille's Pie's (Gillespies), Sir Gwain, Halfway, Old Key House, The Swan, The Albion, The Ship, The Custom House, The Boat house, The Clwyd, The Central, The Red Hall (my local), The Wepre and The Cross Keys.
- same old smae ol people its sad pubs that attrcts this crowd.....(red ahll,hare 'n 'hounds)
- The new Wepre Cottage is a joke its supposed to be a restaurant and full of new ideas but it does not serve food after 7pm weekends the beer is overpriced give us back the old Wepre at least the staff were friendly my advice is dont go there give it a miss. For a good meal goto Bottom Monkey Northop Hall very good food nice staff beer great.
- The Gawain in the quay is the best pub in the quay,it serves the strongest beer anyway,it is a bit small though.Get down there and try 8 pints of d pils,good luck !!!
- Dont go to the boathouse because the landlord is a moody get. The custom house is no better with a ginger dwarf for a landlord.
- None worth going to except the good old Wepre ..Boathouse ,full of little kids trying to prove their "resiliance" to the much harder older people..Sir gawain &green knight, full of golden oldies...Nothing else worth reportin'
- Theres a fresh faced bunch at the tivoli on a monday, but 80's night at rosies is top dog!
- Gillespies again - Hiya Jo! Loads of good offers throughout the week - why does anyone ever go to the custom house?
- Give the Wepre a chance, It's had a few dodgy managers, but the lass that's there now is really trying to make good of a bad thing, the owners won't give her a chance, just interested in profit, you have got to acculicate to speculate, no entertainment, and still want the punters to come in.
- quite a few actually.....the best few:-
old quay house
- the beer in gillespies is nearly as weak as the door
men,get to the gawain for a real pint of rocket fuel.
- Gillespies - Newest pub in the Quay (Formally the Derwen Deg). Chilled out atmosphere for twenty to forty somethings and not a tracksuit in sight - Thank god!!
- Why not try again The Red Hall and the Custom House!
- The best pubs in Connah's Quay for people in their 20s and 30s are The Custom House and The Wepre Inn. If you've got a squeeky voice and a fake i.d. you can visit The Boathouse and spend a bit of time with the other kids in Connah's Quay's second youth club. The Dderwyn Deg is not but a shadow of it's former self - minus the Sky Sports and pool tables it would be a ghost house. The Sir Gwain & the Green Knight is a popular quite pub - mainly because of the extra strong lager and the beer garden.
- The Boathouse is a good place to meet people and sup good beer. I have spent many happy nights there.
- The Custom House and the Boathouse are the places to be on Friday and Sunday nights (for a real good time)
- Approximately twelve, from spit and sawdust (Old Quay House) to sports (Y Dderwen Deg) and young (Boathouse & Custom House), other recommendables are Sir Gawain and the Green Giant and the Wepre. Of the twelve pubs, four end in House, is this a record?
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: Christopher, Year 11 Pyscopath, MARIE, tomo, jim, Daryl, $PimpMitch$, hay, shaun amos, paul singer, Jeffrey, MICHAEL THOMAS, Gaz, kevin mirallas, kate, Fred Wilson, fdgvfd, alex, Daniel Jackson (jacko), dave, Fred, shaun hughes, Andrew Lindop, jjkj, tim jones, Linzo, Scott, Purple Aki, paul t, lucy, HOLLY N SOPH, Kayla, dirk, steve, John Ass, hana, Michelle Hughes, jeffroq, Gaga, hannah, Gouldy, Seven H, Ali Brown, paul edwards, duggo, griff adams, curry bum, old school, big mark, mary, Red Hall WCOH, Martin, ../town/info/add/180, Dee, phil woods, Colin, Morgan, ALAN, mong, Mad Shit, kay, Sam D, Dion, gaz jones, sam, mark mcdonnell, generic, Justin Evans, Jemma Ainsworth, Rich Morris, brendylad, holly, Ken Jones, jaz, R J Parry, Helen Siwan Jones, joseph stalin, Mark Jones, Glen Miller, Jacko, rhian, rodders, better than u, LYNNE, paddy ellis, amy stanners, Mubanu, lisa an nat, Hello, mike edwards, holi, Lee, Michelle Cunningham, kj, jade, jazz, Storm Cloud, kj sa, Laaaaa, JACK MOORE, PunkBoardMosher, jemma, Toby Sinclair, bob, jeff, Brian Roberts, aoo5, Lee Salisbury
Last updated: 2010-09-07
More stuff about Connahs Quay
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- Connahs Quay Knowhere Board