Cringing Cult of Celebrity in Corringham, Essex*
Famous residents and ex-residents.
You can tell us more about Corringham.
Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Joseph Conrad 1857-1924. was an English novelist of Polish ethnicity.
In March 1896 Conrad married an Englishwoman, Jessie George, and together they moved into a small semi-detached villa in Victoria Road, Stanford-le-Hope, Essex
Conrad is regarded as one of the great novelists in English, although he did not speak the language fluently until he was in his twenties (and then always with a marked Polish accent). He wrote stories and novels, predominantly with a nautical setting, that depict trials of the human spirit by the demands of duty and honour. Conrad was a master prose stylist who brought a distinctly non-English tragic sensibility into English literature. While some of his works have a strain of romanticism, he is viewed as a precursor of modernist literature. His narrative style and anti-heroic characters have influenced many authors.
- roy hay, used to go to school with him?
- Douggie Pointer who whatever. Im sure he used to be a nice nobody guy, i went to the same school as him, never noticed him, til he was on tv and someone said HE WENT TO OUR SCHOOL. And i was like.. Oh. And changed the channel.
- Dougie McFly lives in Corringham. I see his mum in Tesco every Tuesday!
- My Dad was the Scout Leader of 1st Corringham Scouts and my mum was Akela for the Cub Scouts during the 50s and 60s. Names are Derek and Rosemary Munson. Do the groups still exist?
- dougie poynter of mcfly fame
- Dougie from Mcfly
- Roy Hay (Culture Club)
Sue Hodge (Mi Mi in Allo' Allo')
- famous resident has to be the famous micky fowler well known to all and what a hair cut that has to make him famous surely?!!!
and of course don famous to everyone who knows him and can always be found on his regular stool in whispers has got to be the best bloke you can meet
- Theres a nutter on a bike with fishing gear.He is always drinking a can of special brew (or some other leathal concoction) whilst riding his bike.We call him The two wheeled nutter.
- Tristan, who is an "international clairvoyant"...my clairvoyant actually, and well known in Southend was living in Corringham for ages...its very rural and "countryside" but a bit on the "quiet" side...
- Denise Van Outen
Michelle Collins (Cindy from Eastenders)
- no more denise van outen please!!! vom from doctor and the medics, who has now joined 'die toten hosen' and who is on tour with them at the moment...go for it steve!
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: Andyroid, chris day, catolina!, Peter Jordan, Delia Stumpy, Dan, the overseer, Daniel, dingly, reado, Rob Montier, Jack, generic, louise smart, Whoa, james Roberts, charlie dowson, Scout Leader, JAMES SMITH, Jenny, jimbo, rob, porn*03, bob hope, Aaron, Barry, amzy, adam, Kay, Pete, Gail Reynolds nee Munson, Rocket, Keato, karen, nuala keen, JIM COOK, Shaun, Amy, Aoige higgins, Angelica, rasta man, 2625t6, church roadie
Last updated: 2012-02-13
More stuff about Corringham
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- Corringham Knowhere Board