Pubs in Corringham, Essex*
The place to go for a lazy afternoon, pub quiz or last call
You can tell us more about Corringham.
- THE NEW POMPADOUR
IS A GREAT PLACE TO BE, ALL THE RUBISH THAT HAS BEEN SAID ON HERE IS FROM A OLD LIST OF BARRED CUSTOMERS AND A SACKED LANDLADY AND I USE
THE WORD LADY LOOSELY, IT IS NOTHING LIKE IT USE TO BE, WE HAVE A LOT OF REALLY NICE FAMILY'S IN THE PUB NOW AND IT HAS BEEN DONE UP AND LOOKS GREAT AND AS FOR THE DRUGS, THE ONLY REASON IT WAS SO BAD WAS BECAUSE THE OLD MANAGERS STEP SON WAS THE ONE SELLING IT AND THEY ALLOWED IT TO CONTINUE.
WE DO HOPE THAT THERE ARE ENOUGH DECENT PEOPLE IN CORRINGHAM NOT TO BELEIVE ALL THAT RUBBISH AND COME AND SEE FOR THEMSELVES, AFTER ALL MOST OF THE NAMES THAT ARE ON THE LIST OF PEOPLE COMPLAINING ABOUT THE POMP HAVE BEEN BARRED IN THE PAST FOR GUES WHAT (DRUGS) SO IF WE ALLOW DRUGS IN THERE, THEN WHY WOULD THEY HAVE BEEN BARRED ( THINK ABOUT IT !!!!! )
- 'THE NEW POMPADOUR':Serious drug problem, they do try to control it but they rely on the custom of the people involved so if it's not on camera & there is no cocaine lying around on any flat surfaces in the toilets...they simply allow them to continue!. One night somebody swore blind I was the one who supplied his friend with drugs & was hoping I could do the same for him!...would not leave me alone!. I first started drinking in there in 1986...I was only...um..."fresh faced" then...not a good thing...but in comparison to what is allowed now?. It was for a time, fairly packed every night of the week...now you're lucky if you see 1 of the dozen or so regulars that are normally there stay beyond 8pm!. It's not been redecorated since 1987, the window & door frames are rotting, there is gaffa tape covering broken floor tiles & the numerous tears in the upholstery, the ceiling in one bar is a mess due to an upstairs flood, the laminate on the bar is covered in cracks & lifting, there is an almost constant drip & wet patch on the carpet at one of the entrances due to a leaky roof, two urinals in one of the mens toilets have buckets under them because they leak, the wallpaper is a subtle shade of nicotine......all in all...the place has seen better days.
- wispers oh the pompadour? cheap beer warm welcome, sometimes
- Theres one. With strange men in it... Or i guess the alley next to The Local...
- go to the BULL its the best! i love it down there wen eva ya walk in ya see some1 ya know! or is that jus me cos i've been around abit?? but its a great place to meet new birds and blokes!!
- there is a pub in st johns called whispers which is the dodgyest pubi have ever seen in my life EVER!!! and the patrons do look young!!!
- If you get in you come flying back out!!!
WISPERS you know who you are!!!!
- wisphers is the place to be if you like getting sniffed up
- the bull pub in old corringham, miserable staff but good laugh on weekends!
- Whispers has a lot of FRESH FACED people including the bar staff,a great place to go you can do all your shopping there, medication for all kinds of sick people a good night out great new management always ready to play great back stabbing games with us all .lots of fun for all the family..
- whispers in corringham has certanlly changed much to everyones surprise after the problems it has had but iain and louise the managers in there are really great it is now a pub that anyone who goes in has a great time from old people and young no under 18's though please the pool table is a good size cheap to play and free on sundays (yes free!) they have a giant beer garden and have muisic every sunday and a disco on thursdays and on karaoke nites a hundred pounds prize is on offer!
the catcraker well what can we say! you lost all your young crowd from being a pain in the neck landlord and now your pub well it's non excistent really isnt it mate!!!!! your pool tables are about the best thing going in there and as for the staff well basically they want to cheer up but with a boss like that who can blame them!!
the bull a nice pub shame about the customers seems that is going to be the new pompadore!!!!!essex girls stories sure come true in here!!!
i would like to mention the kings head as we all know what a dump it was may i just say that they have done a great job doing it out the music nights are pretty cool and the manager is great so heres keeping the fingers crossed that a lick of paint helps you out and may you keep your customers from throwing loo rolls all over the place,need to sort out the women in there though man they are rough!
- whispers st johns way, corringham town centre
is not the awful pub its made out to be and has got to be the best pub around for all ages iain and louise the managers there are great putting on a house and garage night every thursday night and live music every sunday night with a hundred pound prize money every karaoke night. the pool table is cheap but also free on sundays
- The BULL, good meeting place for workers down at Coryton. Pool table, but bit of a youngsters pub really
WHISPERS, in the town centre, uneventful pub but cheap pool table decent sized, and ok if you dont stare at anyone for too long!
The CAT CRACKER, ok if you want to meet all your old mates from Hassenbrook school, but 3 pool tables and quick service and good nosh, visit weekend daytime for best atmosphere.
- The Bull, Church Road. Young crowd. really lively and packed at weekends.
- Only go to the Bull as an anthropological experiment - too many Essex Girl jokes come true and the floor is like treacle. Still, very convenient parking for the church when the wedding/funeral season comes around. Again, find a designated driver and go to The Bell at Horndon.
- someone said that they wouldnt like to go in whispers, but ive been in there loads of times and its full of northeners who are doing up shell refinery...my mate was like a scared rabbit in there...
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: Andyroid, chris day, catolina!, Peter Jordan, Delia Stumpy, Dan, the overseer, Daniel, dingly, reado, Rob Montier, Jack, generic, louise smart, Whoa, james Roberts, charlie dowson, Scout Leader, JAMES SMITH, Jenny, jimbo, rob, porn*03, bob hope, Aaron, Barry, amzy, adam, Kay, Pete, Gail Reynolds nee Munson, Rocket, Keato, karen, nuala keen, JIM COOK, Shaun, Amy, Aoige higgins, Angelica, rasta man, 2625t6, church roadie
Last updated: 2012-01-04
More stuff about Corringham
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- Corringham Knowhere Board