The Best Things in Cricklewood, Greater London*
If you're around, be sure to check these things out
You can tell us more about Cricklewood.
The Best Things
- evry1 knowing every1 nd no one muggin or killin eachuva .. an o.k area
- Cosmopolitan, friendly, good food shops and cafes - the best aspects of multicultural London. Good transport, too, and near places like Hampstead Heath, Golders Green, Regents Park.
- As far as I know, that poem is from the beginning of the song McAlpines Fusileers by The Dubliners...
"The craic was good in Cricklewood
They wouldn't leave the Crown
There was glasses flying, biddies crying
And Paddies going to town
Oh mother dear I'm over here and never going back
What keeps me here's the rake of beer
The women and the craic"
- When i was little and lived in Manchester, my Irish family often talked about Criclewood, and i was shocked when i grew up and learned it was in London, I always thought it was in Ireland the way the spoke so often about it. I remember a little rhyme they used to say, it goes...,'Oh mother dear,i'm over here, i will never will go back, what keeps me here's the rake of beer, the lady and the Craic.
- the people and the anonymity of being here, part of a multi-cultural, resident and transient population...
A cool place to live get in now before the development of sameness affects the house prices any further.
- The Craic was mighty when I put on my nighty.
You'll never find a poet in Cricklewood .......
- It's not been affected by the increasing trendiness of the surounding areas so it's so untrendy it's cooler than the rest.. Lovely people warm welcomes and top entertainment.
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: J.Brennan, Nick Sweeney, Leslie, dh gal, generic, Magnus_beanie, neil, sharon baxter, Kylie Fowler, Marcelina, Pengrove, Leigh
Last updated: 2008-10-14
More stuff about Cricklewood
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- Cricklewood Knowhere Board