Arts, crafts and such in Crouch End, Greater London*
Anything from pukka art galleries to craft shops. Trendy and twee both welcome.
You can tell us more about Crouch End.
Arts, crafts and such
- The Work Shop on Middle Lane www.sallybourneinteriors.co.uk
A lovely new shop and workshop space offering quilting supplies, Haberdashery items, Gorgeous Fabric, Wool and a selection of gifts. Learn how to use a sewing machine, paint shabby chic furntiure or just hang out with tea and cake on a thursday night
- Nest - Lovely new knitting & crafts shop in crouch end: http://www.handmadenest.co.uk/
- Camefix at 111 Inderwick Road (www.camefix-artglass.blogspot.com) do pretty stained glass suncatchers and windows.
John Jones near Finsbury park now only do framing not artists materials.
- John Jones at Finsbury park-very good selection, good prices
- I knit and since there is no knit shop in CE I go to Loop in Islington.
- more antique shops!!! LESS crappy candles and knick nacks.....ALLY PALLY has one of the largest antique fairs in the country, and all we can buy in its shadow is a fake french glittery mirror box here and there....and antiques are recycling!!
- Art & Soul is a great place for framing..based in workshop the service is friendly and helpful and the range is far better than in a shop.www.artandsoulframes.com.
- Vintner's Art and Framing shop is convenient for art materials and craft supplies. They also sell lovely gifts, cards and georgeous jewellery. They also have a framing service with a wide choice of frames and friendly consultation. I use their half-price framing offer which is very reasonable. They also do a digital print onto canvas service, which is so much cheaper than all the other places I have seen. My favourite shop to browse in.
- It's not an art gallery, but if you need picture framing services, Carter's Glass Shop is the best. Fantastic service, reasonable prices, friendly, efficient and completely unpretentious. Which marks it out as a rarity in this neck of the woods.
- Hussebergs Upholstery - Furniture repaired or hand-made to bespoke design by traditional family business. Also loose covers, cushions etc. Finest quality fabrics and work. Free deliveries and visits locally. Hussebergs 020 8292 1262 www.hussebergs.com
- dont forget ruth gill has a couple of shops in crouch end
- Deco is in Tottenham Lane but I believe it's moving to Hornsey High Street soon - got some nice stuff but the after sales service is pretty dodgy
- Having visited "Tat World", we found it to be a truly uplifting artistic experience. There was some trouble with the door staff, as we had brought a Chardonnay instead of the specified Pino Grigio. This aside, it turned out to be a great day for the whole family. Especially the "Tat Zone"- there was SO much Tat...
- Tat World
Tat world is the inspiration of two of Crouch End's less well known silk hatted
layabouts, the photographer and sculpter Damion ( Deptford X ) Llambias and
stylist and radical neo-Athena style artist Morris Putchinsky.
Tat world explores the relationship between genuinely creative and provocative art
and piles of old tat stored in orange boxes. LLambias and Putchinsky have created
the first ever truly organic installation at there studio/living space above the clothes retailer
"Chunky". The piece, as yet unnamed, changes day to day, hour by hour and gives members of the public
first hand experience of "free time mixed with independent means" or " what it's like to not work for a living"
The space is open to the public on production of a chilled bottle of Pino Griggio.
- Indish is the best shop in Crouch End. Lots of Indian cushion covers and Kenyan soapstone bowls.
- Falconer Art coz it's full of interesting bits.
- Indish sell nice global hardware and drapes. Some very good antique shops.
- There are the two shops on Crouch Hill, one called something like "All Things Spiritual" and the other with a large tarot-like hand in the window. They're pretty comic.
- There are lots of little shops selling jingly-jangly dingly-dangly things that have vague Eastern origins, owned by little jingly-jangly dingly-dangly women of vague Eastern origins.
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: Alan Thomson, aleks, Beth, Zoe, Louisa, andrew, Chris Andrew, Nico Hogg, digsee, james, BJP, Toni, Kathy, Dave Bartlet, simon astrop, jane horwood, lisiy, samson, na westwood, squirrel, Rusty Iron, James Fryer, Lesley Marrio-Cole, Jan Traylen, John Bligh, Jannice, Octavia, Mark Serlin, Rich H, maz, Jon Ritman, Neil Williams, Barnaby, Nick Edwards, John Kelly, Jean-Paul, peyoti, Frances, Huren Marsh, rebecca bramwell, stephen bass, will, jackie, boy george lover- rhiannon, graham, A ntonia Owen, Miranda, jean barton, tony johansen, Brendan Cooper, cate, cam, David, Simon, Andrew Lale, Nicola Nazer, O Hunte, David Martin, Heather, Vinny, juliancole, Judy, julie, Col, Palmer, jules, Nikki Lynch, vikas, Brett Aldgate, tomchristie, Shiv, straadgreeny, Romany, Adrian Essex, dd, Par, generic, nial westwood, daisy, paul tracy, Katie, Simon Bronson, Andy Copeland, Fiona Stow, Antonia Owen, MacEmergency, J Kelley, Pete Marshall, Lesley, Russell, Sarah Harper, John Comber, wilkie, J O'Callaghan, ChrisG, Anna, alan paterson, Omar de la hoya, Ivan O'Pinion, tracy, carrie-anne adams, Justin Keery, Christina Griffiths, victoria, Emma Carson, sm, dawn hopkins, stephan robinson, R, adrian, Jimmy Grant
Last updated: 2011-02-09
More stuff about Crouch End
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- Crouch End Knowhere Board