Demolish It Now Building in Crouch End, Greater London*
Places that need to be levelled
You can tell us more about Crouch End.
Demolish It Now Building
- One of the 50 million wig shops on the way up from Finsbury park....... but then in their defence I haven't seen a bald person since I moved here.
- The so called new & improved Park Road Leisure centre
- The entire Budgens/Woolworths block. The new flats between Park Mews (behind Haelen) and the rest of the Crouch Hall Road block--they just don't fit in and are hideous.
- Telephone exchange on Crouch End Hill - Ugly.
- Have to say all the buildings that support hideous things like Budgens, Woolworths etc.
- Tescos' horrible, squat and dark "outlet" Manages to make Budgen's look classy
- budgens, oh and some of the hairdressers who like to endlessly push shampoo with eco organic algea vitaman therapy scalp straightener for 14.99, when all you want is a hair cut...
- Even the new £6mil PFI building leaks. Whoever designed that obviously has kids in private school… IT’S NOT A GOOD IDEA TO PUT THE LOO’S LIGHT SWITCH OUTSIDE THE LOO… and the disable loo door opens onto the corridor (not a good idea when there are thousands of crazy kids running down it). The stairs spew onto the corridor with sharp right angles. It took at least a year for the school to realise safety bars under these edges were necessary. One of the doors leading out of the building came loose and fell on a student (the student was not seriously hurt however had to take time off school). This is the new building!!!!! The old buildings are even worse. Obviously Highgate Wood School do not have a good maths department. It does not take a genius to see that the stairs in the main building can not take the thousands of students trying to get to their next lesson (these stairs are about 2 and a half body lengths wide and have students going up and down them). Often there is a total crush and it takes one angry, slightly mad student to push through everyone. As you can imagine this is very dangerous. The main building is so old a window came out and fell on to the playground. The list goes on and on…
- The town hall, hahahaha. No, really. The library, build a new one, it's so old and grey and yucky. Marks and spencer and all the flats above, they bring down the area, really.
- The Exchange. This isn't Islington you know.
- The one which is about to go up in the parking Haringay Council sold off.
- The Green Man / Enigma nightclub!
- Um, horrible 1960s and 1970's monstrosities that litter the Broadway.
- All the 'luxury apartment' developments that are currtently being slung up at a rate of knots.
- Budgens .....not just the building which is pretty awful but everything in it.
- monkridge block of flats on crouch end hill and haslemere road a complete dump
- The new Berkley homes building is not finished yet but looks like its going to be a monstrosity. also demolish the Hogshead with all the bar + kitchen staff still instead.
- Hornsey Town Hall. They should put a cinema there instead so people don't have to travel miles to see a film.
- The block which Budgens is in.
- The gothic arch at 111 Inderwick Road
- The Budgens/Woolworths block. Previously a beautiful old department store called Wilson's.
- The White Lion Of Mortimer on Stroud Green Road, strated as a knackered old Weatherspoons pub, they spent a shed load of dollar doing it up and now it looks worse someone bring me a sledge hammer...
- Offices above Budgens
- Roger's - okay maybe not the building itself but for God's sake, if he has gone (as rumoured), can someone please take away the naff fascia and dreadful advertising banners.
- Woolworths and the hideous coloured windows above it. Look up and be horrified.
- Budgen and the offices above it.
- The YMCA
- the ugly hoarding of 'COBBLERS' shop
- Budgens and all the offices above it.
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: Alan Thomson, aleks, Beth, Zoe, Louisa, andrew, Chris Andrew, Nico Hogg, digsee, james, BJP, Toni, Kathy, Dave Bartlet, simon astrop, jane horwood, lisiy, samson, na westwood, squirrel, Rusty Iron, James Fryer, Lesley Marrio-Cole, Jan Traylen, John Bligh, Jannice, Octavia, Mark Serlin, Rich H, maz, Jon Ritman, Neil Williams, Barnaby, Nick Edwards, John Kelly, Jean-Paul, peyoti, Frances, Huren Marsh, rebecca bramwell, stephen bass, will, jackie, boy george lover- rhiannon, graham, A ntonia Owen, Miranda, jean barton, tony johansen, Brendan Cooper, cate, cam, David, Simon, Andrew Lale, Nicola Nazer, O Hunte, David Martin, Heather, Vinny, juliancole, Judy, julie, Col, Palmer, jules, Nikki Lynch, vikas, Brett Aldgate, tomchristie, Shiv, straadgreeny, Romany, Adrian Essex, dd, Par, generic, nial westwood, daisy, paul tracy, Katie, Simon Bronson, Andy Copeland, Fiona Stow, Antonia Owen, MacEmergency, J Kelley, Pete Marshall, Lesley, Russell, Sarah Harper, John Comber, wilkie, J O'Callaghan, ChrisG, Anna, alan paterson, Omar de la hoya, Ivan O'Pinion, tracy, carrie-anne adams, Justin Keery, Christina Griffiths, victoria, Emma Carson, sm, dawn hopkins, stephan robinson, R, adrian, Jimmy Grant
Last updated: 2009-04-19
More stuff about Crouch End
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- Crouch End Knowhere Board