Favourite Building in Crouch End, Greater London*
Art deco, contemporary, futuristic, tall, short...
You can tell us more about Crouch End.
- Clock tower looks cool at nite in the snow anytime really
- The library it is the landmark I can relate to through my time!
- My house (course)
- I love the clocktower, particularly when it is lit up during the holiday season.
- hornsey town hall........and inside it is great too..
- The church studios church on Crouch Hill is beautiful.
- The Clocktower. God bless it.
- Hornsey Town Hall and Library, although they are about to be redeveloped I fear, which will mess things up when it could have made a real pub.
- Hornsey Town Hall - grade 2* listed (this is really special apparently). The architect won a bronze RIBA medal for it. The Crouch End For People group are trying to to get it made a trust building for arts and cafe and cinema lovers. With a skateboard area out front! They need support for this. Check out their website.
- town hall - someone do it up please. A cinema with cafe, gallery, shoe shop etc.
- The Town Hall. Wonderful.
- Hornsey Library
- LUVVERLY neon name plate on a villa halfway down crouch hill. The crouch hill community centre looks wild with all that folk art.
- Well, there is the Clocktower, but that needs a damn good clean.
- The Town Hall and the buildings on either side of it.
- The gothic arch at 111 Inderwick road
- The lovely old St Mary's church tower, dating from before the fifteenth century. If only the churchyard wasn't full of beer cans and fast-food packaging. Can't the council be made to clean it more regularly?
- Ally Pally
- Hornsey Church Tower - open day once a year with abseiling Teddies :-) There's a Friends Of... society somewhere too. Is it Crouchie's oldest surviving building?
- Clocktower. (Obvious, I know)
- The shape of the top of all the houses down Weston Park.
- Dunn's bakery building.
- The Queen's Public House. Oustanding Victorian gin palace
- The Great Northern Railway Tavern (ok, not strictly Crouch End, but...) Also, The Queens (ok, that's more than one building, but...)
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: Alan Thomson, aleks, Beth, Zoe, Louisa, andrew, Chris Andrew, Nico Hogg, digsee, james, BJP, Toni, Kathy, Dave Bartlet, simon astrop, jane horwood, lisiy, samson, na westwood, squirrel, Rusty Iron, James Fryer, Lesley Marrio-Cole, Jan Traylen, John Bligh, Jannice, Octavia, Mark Serlin, Rich H, maz, Jon Ritman, Neil Williams, Barnaby, Nick Edwards, John Kelly, Jean-Paul, peyoti, Frances, Huren Marsh, rebecca bramwell, stephen bass, will, jackie, boy george lover- rhiannon, graham, A ntonia Owen, Miranda, jean barton, tony johansen, Brendan Cooper, cate, cam, David, Simon, Andrew Lale, Nicola Nazer, O Hunte, David Martin, Heather, Vinny, juliancole, Judy, julie, Col, Palmer, jules, Nikki Lynch, vikas, Brett Aldgate, tomchristie, Shiv, straadgreeny, Romany, Adrian Essex, dd, Par, generic, nial westwood, daisy, paul tracy, Katie, Simon Bronson, Andy Copeland, Fiona Stow, Antonia Owen, MacEmergency, J Kelley, Pete Marshall, Lesley, Russell, Sarah Harper, John Comber, wilkie, J O'Callaghan, ChrisG, Anna, alan paterson, Omar de la hoya, Ivan O'Pinion, tracy, carrie-anne adams, Justin Keery, Christina Griffiths, victoria, Emma Carson, sm, dawn hopkins, stephan robinson, R, adrian, Jimmy Grant
Last updated: 2009-04-19
More stuff about Crouch End
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- Crouch End Knowhere Board