Hookup Spots in Crouch End, Greater London*
Inside Information and Stuff Only Locals Know
You can tell us more about Crouch End.
- Jimmy Carr apparently lives off Crouch Hill but we havent seen him yet dont want to anyway with those eyes
- Prepare to be transported to another world. Inside this palace of curiosities between Crouch End and Finsbury Park, with its rich fabrics, beaten metalwork, glowing candles and enchanting alcoves is a food-lover's heaven. Moroccan-inspired but with elements of Asian, European and even Australasian cuisine, the menu is as eclectic as the decor. We ate sardine salad with couscous - the fish moist with a perfectly crispy exterior, the couscous tender and spicy - then Thai green chicken curry, once again the ideal heat, texture and taste. My companion's sirloin steak had a garnish of ginger which had her squeaking with pleasure.
Owner Aziz Begdouri devised both the exotic interior (including a surreal bed with furniture stuck to the ceiling) and the funky fusion menu, having been a chef in both his native Morocco and in London. Triangle won Archant's Best Moroccan restaurant in London award in 2006.
Combined with the chilled music, the gracious and happy service, the small but idyllic garden, the low-level den where you sit cross-legged on cushions, the inventive wine list (try the Moroccan sauvignon blanc - it's knockout) and the plethora of intricate, lovingly worked details everywhere you look, this is a stunning triumph of a restaurant.
- Priory park
bottom field, Ally Pally
- The benchs in town hall are always popular with me and my friends when we have no money to do something else!
- Word for Word Upstairs at Hornsey Library on Wednesdays
- world cafe...eyes made over lap tops and writers trying to look busy....
- Outside the townhall, seems like the place teenyboppers congregate. Also, Priory park, outside KFC, greggs bakery, bus stop near the post office, in Woolworths.
- minty from eastenders, is a very nice bloke but lives more towards the archway area, the problem with all the eastenders actors is that they all seem to be exactly the same on screen as off screen, so whether they will find parts elsewhere is doutful, Steve Macfadden (phill from eastenders) used to be a regular charactor in all the pubs, unfortunatly he likes to use the phrase "do you know who i am?" and i assume the landlords have had enough of it and that is the reason he is no longer a regular in the area. Out of all of them i would have forgiven Chris Martin from cold play for having similar behavior in the local hide outs as he (in my opinion) has the right to be even overly arrogant as he has a very rare thing in show buisness and that is talent combined with humbleness and i hope he is enjoying his new life as a dad, i say this because when i had the fortune of serving him in the old nobody inn he was the most down to earth person i had ever seen in crouch end. The list goes on and on...
Gillian Anderson did go to coleridge and im sure any one who remembers her will agree she used to terrorise all the other kids so much so they cant watch x files. I saw her last year as i had the privalige of being an invite to her house warming party in notting hill and i was amazed at how bitchy she was. I also noticed that all the actresses she had envited were all over a certain age, just to make sure she didnt get outshined-after all its not her fault shes only 4'ft 6 or so. Does anyone remeber the guy out of 2.4 children? he was about to buy a house on fairfield road shortly before he died poor guy. In the 80s if you were around you would have seen the good old Rolf Harris regularly, as a child at the time and having met him on numerus occasions i in all my life have still yet to meet a nicer bloke. Andrew Neil the journalist used to visit regularly although i wouldnt want to bore you all with the list of very well known journalists who have started their carreer with the good old hornsey journal. Trevor Nelson (who i think is great) lives just up the road but you will be lucky to see him as he has much more creative things to do than to go to crouch end and spend his time talking to xxxxxxxx's as so many of them do. yes the list could go on and on but i personaly dont care how many celebs live or socialise in "croucion" as they all talk the same amount of bullsxxx as every one else does there and if you do get pissed enough to be down there it doesnt really make any difference who your talking to- you will always be trying your best to hide from them as they will talk and talk and talk.........., please write your response to my ramblings on.xxx
- The Clocktower - where else?
- Barbarella is a joke of a restaurant, food we ate was truly awful as was the salsa dancing on a saturday night. I don't want to see people prancing around in front of me on a Saturday night to enjoy myself. Rogers was one of the worst meals we have ever eaten, the food that appeared bore no resemblance to the description on the menu - thank god it has closed down. Contestants on Cant cook, won't wook have done better. Banners is a top place, reasonably priced, service is excellent and friendly.
- Uhmm probably in front of Hornsey Town Hall
- crouch hill ramps RIP '98
- Priory Park is the place to lay your body to rest awaiting the time when you can drag your bones across the green fields to The Maynard Arms for a spot of lunch and a glass of the refreshing ale.
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: Alan Thomson, aleks, Beth, Zoe, Louisa, andrew, Chris Andrew, Nico Hogg, digsee, james, BJP, Toni, Kathy, Dave Bartlet, simon astrop, jane horwood, lisiy, samson, na westwood, squirrel, Rusty Iron, James Fryer, Lesley Marrio-Cole, Jan Traylen, John Bligh, Jannice, Octavia, Mark Serlin, Rich H, maz, Jon Ritman, Neil Williams, Barnaby, Nick Edwards, John Kelly, Jean-Paul, peyoti, Frances, Huren Marsh, rebecca bramwell, stephen bass, will, jackie, boy george lover- rhiannon, graham, A ntonia Owen, Miranda, jean barton, tony johansen, Brendan Cooper, cate, cam, David, Simon, Andrew Lale, Nicola Nazer, O Hunte, David Martin, Heather, Vinny, juliancole, Judy, julie, Col, Palmer, jules, Nikki Lynch, vikas, Brett Aldgate, tomchristie, Shiv, straadgreeny, Romany, Adrian Essex, dd, Par, generic, nial westwood, daisy, paul tracy, Katie, Simon Bronson, Andy Copeland, Fiona Stow, Antonia Owen, MacEmergency, J Kelley, Pete Marshall, Lesley, Russell, Sarah Harper, John Comber, wilkie, J O'Callaghan, ChrisG, Anna, alan paterson, Omar de la hoya, Ivan O'Pinion, tracy, carrie-anne adams, Justin Keery, Christina Griffiths, victoria, Emma Carson, sm, dawn hopkins, stephan robinson, R, adrian, Jimmy Grant
Last updated: 2009-02-16
More stuff about Crouch End
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- Crouch End Knowhere Board