The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else in Crowborough, East Sussex*
The things which can't be categorised
You can tell us more about Crowborough.
The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- The Crowborough caves continue to be very popular with many visitors and the extent of the cave system continues to increase as more passages are discovered. See http://www.crowborough-caves.org.uk/ for more details.
- The place where 300 young people in Crowborough hang out is the 1st Crowborough Scouts, loads of adventure 7 days a week.
- bugattis too awful
- Crowborough Caves are a must-see for any visitor.
- Apart from the Leisure Centre, there is absolutely, and I mean ABSOLUTELY, nothing to do (unless you have transport) except wait to die. The town itself isn't that bad, but the facilities are awful. It's your town if you need building societies, banks, estate agents or solicitors, otherwise just keep on going.
Public transport is limited to say the least. Trains are useless unless you want to go to Uckfield (why?), otherwise you have to go to Oxted to get anywhere, and to London to get anywhere worth going to.
Local politics, generally speaking, are staunchly Conservative. Very Middle England (check out the floral displays on the street lights during the summer!). Starting to take on Tunbridge Wells' "retired Colnel" image. Watch out for "Angry of Crowborough" on Points of View. That said, the town is slightly narrow-minded, but welcoming on the whole.
Nice place to retire to, and most residents have. Not so good to grow up in.
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: ross locorriere, dudley, Nikki Dunbar, nikki, melanie Barns, kelly, stu, Ecks Ridgehead, Barry, tom, andy, Martin Storey, email@example.com, c l w, Martyn Everitt, Paul, Asp, Joey, Eleanore Common, Sir Franc, me, margaret, generic, Lolly, Stuart James, Howard, Alex Brandon, marty, Simon Ripton, Mark
Last updated: 2015-10-24
More stuff about Crowborough
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- Crowborough Knowhere Board