Inside Information and Stuff Only Locals Know
You can tell us more about Croydon.
- My MUm
- the shopping centre, high street, anywhere outside that zone is completely rubbish
- The main hookup spot i know really is either reeves corner tram stop, or east croydon, because from there you can get to nearly anywere!
- Nowadays all the emos tend to hang out by the fairfield halls or fairs as they call it. lloyds park used to be popular but after loads of them got beaten up its become a place to avoid in the evenings. outside the grants cinema in central croydon is always a good place to meet people
- queens gardens is usually popular for jackass wannabee's, mostly the town center tho, or fairfeild are safe spots..
- The Big tall Flats in The Waldrons was a great place to play, they have a wooded back yard
- Porn store
- queens gardens.
- The benches at the back of St Mary's, West Croydon
- Croydon is a good night out.. just stick 2 ur clubbing and chatting up and u wont get any trouble..Every1 normally starts out in the pubs, weatherspoons george's skylark.. then off 2 the clubs.. a crazy night drinkin wud b walkabout jus none stop drinkin from wat ive heard
- outside grants cinema is the place to be!!!!seriously, only the especially cool people hang out there. and marvel at people getting chaced by hungry pigeons. always a hoot.
- It always is and always will be fairfield
- I hang around the fieldway shops in new addington. they are so cool man.
- everyone meets at fairfield halls
- fairfield, just for the sheer enjoyment of skating. watch out for a rudeboy calld perell, he's a dodgy one.
- Wew like tyo avoid croydon beacuse it iz fulls of scum aND THEAT IS THE BEST ONES
- Walk through the Whitgift Centre.
- ummmm most of the time fairfield though i know it has been mentioned and st georges walk. and kfc is always a good place to meet.
- on da streetz. macdonaldz iz a gud place on surreystreet 2 link.west croydon station iz gud at 4 pm n cloktowa bustop.outside virgin. kfc bustop near markz n sparx.
- Wandle Park -brilliant hidey-hole for secret meetings.
- Normally outside Virgin, or HMV or occasionally East Croydon Train station
- me and my mates love to meet up in the library gardens, i think it's called the queens gardens. i think it gets quite a crowd of winos at night, but during the day its quite a nice place to lounge and drink home-made smoothies with your mates
- George street
- Outside Virgin record store
- Fairfield (in the summer) and st geoges walk (in the winter). u can always find the same ppl there.
- In the streets with the rest of the skag heads and scum
- tallking of the no go area of west croydon bus station has anyone else noticed that the councile has now tried a new stratergey of playing classical musick at knowon trouble times namely 4pm. i like croydons alternative view of tackleing crime. a transport police station next door, increased police presence, security and police on trams, 24hr cctv dosent stop people from being beaten up stabed and robbed but beahthovens 3rd movement might just stop you from beiong accosted by 3ft deliquant lepricorns with a taste for phones. now you can have your head smashed and kicked through windows in time to classick fm. well done croydon councile.
- hi 2 every one who wrote about fairfield!, we are two of the people who hang there (naomi and mary) gettin legless cause we cant skate but love 2 watch the others fuck up yeah it can be shit but there is fuck all to do if u wanna cum and meet new ppl u should head up there plz we need new entertainment just ask 4 us l8r dudes !
- Outside the whitgift centre main entrance, where you will bump into college rivalry war fare at around 5pm
- queens gardens is not good around 9.30pm when its likely to be full of drunken homeless types - they get free food there nightly around that time.
- West Croydon Bus Station. Wait until around 4pm every week day when the place gets over-run with kids smashing the place up. Marvel at the Police making their routine visit everyday to sort out the chaos.
- Fairfield full of grungers and skaters,good place to hang out,chill and get legless
- Coulsdon marlpit lane park late on friday and saturday nights
- Outside HMV and Virgin is where all the nu-metallers meet-avoid!!!!
- Out the front of the Whitgift center
- Fairfield for the skaters obviously yeah, though you wanna watch out. Queens gardens would have to be another classic, though both of these "venues" are now covered with cameras so watch out..
- Anywhere around the college, which has a fantastically cheap student bar....befriend a student ASAP to save on readies.
- Croydon is shit, to much attitude and not enough fun....my advice ,go up london
- FAirfield halls, anywhere.
- It HAS to be outside the off license in Shirley opposite Trinity School. You can't walk past there after 6pm without some squeeky voiced spotty 15 year old asking you to buy them 2 cases of Hooch. They say: "You can keep the change mate!". I say "Piss off".
- outside the alders on the second level of the whitgift
- Some spot by the benches in North end, near the bank. Bit of a dodgy area if you want to take money out of a cashpoint though...
- Selsdon High Street, near the Kebab Shop
The Tram system is now open!
Buses are crap!
A new Warner Village is being built in the town centre and should be finished in 2001/2. There already is an 8-screen one on the Purley way
- The upper level of the whitgift centre, best spot to leer at the girls and to spit on all the shoppers.
- Queens Gardens is the place to be on a friday night... or actually any
night whether you are actually under age or just enjoy adding to the multitudes
of wine bottles and beer cans which lie in piles of abtract glory under the
- Fairfield for skaters. For others: East Croydon BR - very obvious, quite near the centre, and much safer than West Croydon. West Croydon BR, despite having the British Transport Police in there, is pretty grim at most times of the day or night. Avoid. Or the Clocktower Arts Centre (see the official Croydon Guide listings).
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: kelly, andy groves, Ross, Lucy, Emma Birkett, Ants, jj, Rick, indigo, Ali Mac, Bish, Mikee, Rich, WStroudley, Mike Snow, linda, ray, Daniel, James Cole, bradzo, SARHA AMER, Helen Killick, Jim Taylor, Claire, emilie bell, Stuart Moore, John Anslow, cheryl, Clare Lipscombe, Julia Simon, gavs, Jenny, Dave, joyce, GFunk, Janet Thompson, Kwame, Aaron, Nick Darsley, Joanna Wood, XDJneps, neil bevan, Charlie, Colincole, The BUrst, sal, Darren Maskell, Lucien, Rob L, sonic, Danng, Jason Hall, Dubs, Richard Dyson, Bill Jones, justin tay, Bob Pullen, Kelle, Gemma, marco, RJB, tom lovelock, Zen, Avril, Naomi and mary, Neil Taylor, James Francis, karen smith, teddy stephens, kitty, palace pat, John B, D*, Kev, steve thompson, machindo jimenez, dylan, tommy hopper, Bob Smith, Mike, sue flynn, antonio, j staniforth, matthew, H, zong, Emmet Faherty, peter durrant, Emma Griffiths, jessica, joel colover, Jack Guest, ba young, Mick, Kate, meeee, soph, Mich, ben, John Welbeck, Sam M (Fairfield Rat), Lucinda, roz, carol bellantoni, Stephen Mani, Adrian, Colas, Emma Golds, Mike Armstrong, Gav Sayer, olivia, Andy, Michele, Antonio Langili, Dave Price, sonofblowfly, blue_strawberry, DAISY, Chelsey, Steve Grace, LOUISE, Matt, Lorry, Alex Tofield, Ben W, Micky, mark mcgrath, Kiani, James, Ivan McDuck, Edward Block, Jodie Lloyd, Alice, elissdeja, Nicola, Chris Newbold, Ian Johns, jaina, Gail, tim j, Kerri Halil, steve, Laura, leyla ozkan, Lulu, The Bard of Croydon, Paul, Nico-Adam Hogg, khalida, Ian Johnson, Pink Poi, Benjamin Lovering, Amy, Richard Goff, Mike Random, Richard Mabbutt, Eric Hands, Steve Lloyd, xfvdxv, Ian skilton, Kaz, Claire Osborn, bayoung, dan, cleo, azeez, Barry McSpooge, loz, john, Helen, PHiL, sam, Alan Robertson, Aran stevens, bar-med man, mooo, generic, Samuel Marlow, outlando, Simone, gertrude, Toby Jacobs, HANIZAH MOHD.RAWI, Justin, Brian O'Neill, Simon Bernacki, Mark, Manny, Michael, James Earley, Sarah, Lawrence Laud-Anderson, Adam, Peter C. Budd, sarahmelbourn, Lee, hannah law, Jonathan Law, suzi bamboozi, Jason, Rob, Kevin Biggs, michelle, zak, Eve Hanker, larry, cfay, jpp, Fluffy, Sener Naim, Gavin, JULIE STRATH
Last updated: 2009-12-04
More stuff about Croydon
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- Croydon Knowhere Board