Cafes and Coffee Shops in Croydon, Greater London*
High tea and a sticky bun
You can tell us more about Croydon.
Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Pret-a-Manger has gorgeous fresh sandwiches, wraps, soups, flapjacks etc.
- indulgence confectionery best chocolate ever in Allders mall
- There is a great retro cafe on the top floor of the STUFF undercover market (in the old beanos building running parrallel to Surrey Street Market)
- Shakeaway is great, if somewhat expensive/overrated and inundated by 'indie' teens. Don't ask me why only indie. It is one of the Great Unanswered Questions of Croydon. But still, good milkshakes.
- I can never remember the name of the place but its down the hill a bit past surrey street market almost opposite Argos. have been going there years. a sort of burger bar place. the service is always excellent and with a smile and they are quiote happy to warm the babys bottle when we go there. the food, if you just want a burger, is great and 100% more better than maccyd's
- Cafe Tresor down on Selsdon Road is a nice spot; friendly folks, good food.
- Starbucks (near George Street), the library cafe, the Irish cafe (O'Neills - George Street Tramstop).
- Regalino on Coulsdon, or Starbucks - no need for directions, there's one round every corner anyway.
- Your user's guide to Mamma Amalfi in Croydon is VEEERRRYYY inaccurate. It's a lovely place, light crispy pizzas, food genuine Italian and not over-fussed like so many other places. If the kitchen is dirty (how does the user know ?) then it should be reported to health and hygiene inspectors not put anonymously on the internet where you can't be had for libel !
- hilltop café - top notch coffees at a low price. rock on man/.
- BOOKS ETC IN THE WHITGIFT CENTRE, MEET DON (MY CHARMING ALTER EGO) FOR A LATTE, HE HAS AN ARRAY OF LOVELY HANDKNITTED TANKTOPS AND A VERY SMART SIDE PARTING. HE MAY EVEN BUY YOU A BUN IF YOU EXPRESS AN INTEREST IN HIS LEMONY SNICKETS.
- Marks & Spencer Coffee shop. A great place to avoid pikies and other self imagined 'cool' people
- Starbucks, down the High Street, opposite Woolies. I would easily have agreed with the previous comment at the beginning of 2003, but I'm happy to say that things have much improved since. It seems that they've had a new manager for about a year now and I must say that my bi-daily visits are a delight. Look for the short, cute, bespectacled dark haired guy. He's the new boss and is a lovely bloke and is spot on with his Latte's. Frappacino's are awesome in the summer too :o)
- None, apart from the greasy spoon's down the market, they all suck and charge way too much for crap over-priced half filled plastic cups of supposed coffee
- Um Starbucks do a lovely Hot Chocolate but they are a bit expensive. If your looking for a cheaper place then there are a couple of cafes in St Georges Walk.
- the only place that offers soya milk (other than starfucks which i wouldn't touch with a barge pole) is, oddly, books etc. in the whitgift centre (1st floor). but then, let us not forget that croydon is what keeps macdonalds in business.
- Sergio's Continental bar is brilliant if you wnat to catch a quick bite to eat, service is allways friendly and their can be a strong comunity spirit in their, service is allways friendly though a little rushed at lunch times.
- Starbucks. Its expresso and warm milk. Not too hard? Even this global chain has found it completely impossible to train anyone in croydon to serve a remotely drinkable cup of coffee in less than 20mins
- thorntons and coffee etc are both pretty good...the staff in starbucks are a dubious to put it mildly..
- The Madeira cafe in St georges Walk, lovely bright and friendly.
- rosemarys is very cool. the staff are wicked and always laughing etc etc etc and theres that funny one with the brown hair is cool too. you can always find all the staff in the black sheep, cos theyre so cool. (there are some fit people working in the camping shop next door, too...)
- Fitzy's is cool, big leather sofas and huge mugs of coffee. down near croydon flyover
- Daisy's Diner in Addiscombe is good. So is the new cafe. Very sexy staff.
- Inshops, tramlink cafe superb brekfasts
- Books Etc. in The Whitgift Centre. There's good air-con and you can sit and read the books while you have a coffee.
- none you really want to eat in except the odd italian one on the high street & the two inside the whitgift centre.
- Books ect. has a cafe and it is great, the food is nice and the staff are very friendly
- Starbucks! Nice Cream with the coffee. The cafe on the middle floor of the Whitgift centre is okay but is always very busy.
Casa on the High Street, tries to be a modern cafe/bar, ends up a pub that serves coffee.
- Joshua's Tea Shop in Alders for the ultimate in twee, otherwise try O'Briens on George st
- I recommend Starbucks in Croydon High Street (opposite Woolworths) - their Frapachinnos are the best!!!!
- Rosemary's Cafe (35St.George's Walk) make top snacks and sandwiches; staff always
up for a laugh and the hot chocolate is legendary. Background music an interesting blend,
everything from placebo to manfred mann. It rocks!
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: kelly, andy groves, Ross, Lucy, Emma Birkett, Ants, jj, Rick, indigo, Ali Mac, Bish, Mikee, Rich, WStroudley, Mike Snow, linda, ray, Daniel, James Cole, bradzo, Martin Fletcher, SARHA AMER, Helen Killick, Jim Taylor, Claire, emilie bell, Stuart Moore, John Anslow, cheryl, Clare Lipscombe, Julia Simon, gavs, Jenny, Dave, joyce, GFunk, Janet Thompson, Kwame, Aaron, Nick Darsley, Joanna Wood, XDJneps, neil bevan, Charlie, Colincole, The BUrst, sal, Darren Maskell, Lucien, Rob L, sonic, Danng, Jason Hall, Dubs, Richard Dyson, Bill Jones, justin tay, Bob Pullen, Kelle, Gemma, marco, RJB, tom lovelock, Zen, Avril, Naomi and mary, Neil Taylor, James Francis, karen smith, teddy stephens, kitty, palace pat, John B, D*, Kev, steve thompson, machindo jimenez, dylan, tommy hopper, Bob Smith, Mike, sue flynn, antonio, j staniforth, matthew, H, zong, Emmet Faherty, peter durrant, Emma Griffiths, jessica, joel colover, Jack Guest, ba young, Mick, Kate, meeee, soph, Mich, ben, John Welbeck, Sam M (Fairfield Rat), Lucinda, roz, carol bellantoni, Stephen Mani, Adrian, Colas, Emma Golds, Mike Armstrong, Gav Sayer, olivia, Andy, Michele, Antonio Langili, Dave Price, sonofblowfly, blue_strawberry, DAISY, Chelsey, Steve Grace, LOUISE, Matt, Lorry, Alex Tofield, Ben W, Micky, mark mcgrath, Kiani, James, Ivan McDuck, Edward Block, Jodie Lloyd, Alice, elissdeja, Nicola, Chris Newbold, Ian Johns, jaina, Gail, tim j, Kerri Halil, steve, Laura, leyla ozkan, Lulu, The Bard of Croydon, Paul, Nico-Adam Hogg, khalida, Ian Johnson, Pink Poi, Benjamin Lovering, Amy, Richard Goff, Mike Random, Richard Mabbutt, Eric Hands, Steve Lloyd, xfvdxv, Ian skilton, Kaz, Claire Osborn, bayoung, dan, cleo, azeez, Barry McSpooge, loz, john, Helen, PHiL, sam, Alan Robertson, Alan, Aran stevens, bar-med man, mooo, generic, Samuel Marlow, outlando, Simone, gertrude, Toby Jacobs, HANIZAH MOHD.RAWI, Justin, Brian O'Neill, Simon Bernacki, Mark, Manny, Michael, James Earley, Sarah, Lawrence Laud-Anderson, Adam, Peter C. Budd, sarahmelbourn, Lee, hannah law, Jonathan Law, suzi bamboozi, Jason, Rob, Kevin Biggs, michelle, zak, Eve Hanker, larry, cfay, jpp, Fluffy, Sener Naim, Gavin, JULIE STRATH
Last updated: 2012-06-09
More stuff about Croydon
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- Croydon Knowhere Board