Favourite Building in Croydon, Greater London*
Art deco, contemporary, futuristic, tall, short...
You can tell us more about Croydon.
- Old East India Company Building,Addiscombe.
- Croydon Clocktower & the Braithwaite Hall
- the old beanos building which has now become STUFF- run by the same guy that ran Beanos and owns the building.
- The Hospital of the Holy Trinity, also known as the Whitgift Almshouses, built in 1596 by Archbishop John Whitgift.
- Rhys Hope. he lives in shirley and he is looking for a good time. ;)
- james cole's mum she lives in sh
- My Mum and BEN
- Croydon Library
- St Mary Magdelene Church, Addiscombe.
- Addington Palace and Croydon Clocktower
- Croydon libary, its my favorate inside and out
- The NLA Tower near East Croydon Station or the round building near Purley Oaks dump.
- The old council offices
- the job centre
- NLA Tower known to pre-decimalised peeps as The Thruppenny Bit Tower, because it looks like what a pile of thruppences looked like in The Old Days before they got rid of The Ten Bob Note and replaced it with the Fifty Pence Coin. Ugh to it and 5pees and 20pees for that matter.
- Lunar House
- WOODCOTE HOUSE PORTAKABIN, MAYDAY HOSPITAL. MY FLAT'S QUITE SNAZZ TOO.
- The Clocktower and Town Hall.
- George street still has a victorian feel & there is a lovely big building with a statue of queen victoria near the spreadeagle pub. but you can forget the rest of croydon unless you like looking at shopping centres.
- Jazz menswear
- macdonaldz on surrey street
- Town Hall, Katherine Street
- Croydon Underpass -perfectly symbolises what Croydon stands for; old stained concrete.
- errrrr, possible Grants front, nothing behind it, just the front
oh, and Turtle's hardware, they sell everything in there
- Litten Tree
- Erm, I guess the library is good. It looks ok from the outside, and is very good inside.
- Those lovely people at the Nestle building make my day complete
- I love em all. Totally. Croydon is absolute proof that the worlds crappest architecture can be utterly transformed by coloured light and extreme self delusion
- the clocktower and grants before the huge black dome was errected
- The library. it looks class. The outside makes me feel like I'm in a Sherlock holmes novel or summat. And the inside's like the starship enterprise. It's cool. No, it's Kool. With a Kapital K!
- town hall, the best looking buillding in the town. croydon councille y do you insist on buillding that fucking monstroserty next to it????????? to join the grants centre up with the next new shoping centre on top of what is now turtles (one of the best tool shops in the world if you like that sort of thing).
- the library, which is lovely and old from the outside, but very modern in the inside. the best library in the world
- The Almshouses, Town Hall, George Street, some of High Street and South End, the record shops.
- I love Grants now. The builders have done a very impressive job of it. Well done!
- Yates Croydon
- St John's Parish Church, sailing along the by-pass like a gallion!
- Croydon is a complete Architectural playground, it's quite ridiculous. My favourite building would have to be Cane Hill, the abandonned mental heath institution in Coulsdon.
- NLA tower by east croydon BR. Just an office block, but immortalised as the 50p building because it looks like a stack of 'em.
- The Clocktower
- queens gardens
- The Library/Clocktower - it's brick with all these stone sculptures built into it. You look at Taberner House and the Nestle building and sigh. Why don't they make 'em like this anymore?
- town hall,punk shop.
- Nestle Building, looks good at night when its lit up
Leon House, its near my house and would provide a nice view if they illuminated it at night.
- That newish BT building at the end of Wellsley Road, looks great at night when they light it up.
- The New Direct Line offices
- Was the concrete roundabout walkway in the Wickgift Centre, near the great aquarian shop - but alas has since been distroyed.
Almshouse, corner of George Street and Allders.
- The old Grants shop....soon to be turned into cinema.
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: kelly, andy groves, Ross, Lucy, Emma Birkett, Ants, jj, Rick, indigo, Ali Mac, Bish, Mikee, Rich, WStroudley, Mike Snow, linda, ray, Daniel, James Cole, bradzo, Martin Fletcher, SARHA AMER, Helen Killick, Jim Taylor, Claire, emilie bell, Stuart Moore, John Anslow, cheryl, Clare Lipscombe, Julia Simon, gavs, Jenny, Dave, joyce, GFunk, Janet Thompson, Kwame, Aaron, Nick Darsley, Joanna Wood, XDJneps, neil bevan, Charlie, Colincole, The BUrst, sal, Darren Maskell, Lucien, Rob L, sonic, Danng, Jason Hall, Dubs, Richard Dyson, Bill Jones, justin tay, Bob Pullen, Kelle, Gemma, marco, RJB, tom lovelock, Zen, Avril, Naomi and mary, Neil Taylor, James Francis, karen smith, teddy stephens, kitty, palace pat, John B, D*, Kev, steve thompson, machindo jimenez, dylan, tommy hopper, Bob Smith, Mike, sue flynn, antonio, j staniforth, matthew, H, zong, Emmet Faherty, peter durrant, Emma Griffiths, jessica, joel colover, Jack Guest, ba young, Mick, Kate, meeee, soph, Mich, ben, John Welbeck, Sam M (Fairfield Rat), Lucinda, roz, carol bellantoni, Stephen Mani, Adrian, Colas, Emma Golds, Mike Armstrong, Gav Sayer, olivia, Andy, Michele, Antonio Langili, Dave Price, sonofblowfly, blue_strawberry, DAISY, Chelsey, Steve Grace, LOUISE, Matt, Lorry, Alex Tofield, Ben W, Micky, mark mcgrath, Kiani, James, Ivan McDuck, Edward Block, Jodie Lloyd, Alice, elissdeja, Nicola, Chris Newbold, Ian Johns, jaina, Gail, tim j, Kerri Halil, steve, Laura, leyla ozkan, Lulu, The Bard of Croydon, Paul, Nico-Adam Hogg, khalida, Ian Johnson, Pink Poi, Benjamin Lovering, Amy, Richard Goff, Mike Random, Richard Mabbutt, Eric Hands, Steve Lloyd, xfvdxv, Ian skilton, Kaz, Claire Osborn, bayoung, dan, cleo, azeez, Barry McSpooge, loz, john, Helen, PHiL, sam, Alan Robertson, Alan, Aran stevens, bar-med man, mooo, generic, Samuel Marlow, outlando, Simone, gertrude, Toby Jacobs, HANIZAH MOHD.RAWI, Justin, Brian O'Neill, Simon Bernacki, Mark, Manny, Michael, James Earley, Sarah, Lawrence Laud-Anderson, Adam, Peter C. Budd, sarahmelbourn, Lee, hannah law, Jonathan Law, suzi bamboozi, Jason, Rob, Kevin Biggs, michelle, zak, Eve Hanker, larry, cfay, jpp, Fluffy, Sener Naim, Gavin, JULIE STRATH
Last updated: 2013-08-18
More stuff about Croydon
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- Croydon Knowhere Board