Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear in Croydon, Greater London*
Stockists of gear to make good sounds
You can tell us more about Croydon.
Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Jonathan Myall in South End looks very classical but has brass and woodwinds. Flute specialist but also carries cheap to expensive fipple flutes, so if you are into Irish traditional music, it's the place to go. No banjo strings though.
- Rockbottom, Just Flutes(which doesn't actually specialise in flutes). other places I can't remember
- x-electrical, are the nuts for well priced equpiment, they do everything too, alex is a star, ad mark knows everything. they'll see you right... martin phelps at a push and rockbottoms the best dedicated instrument shop and rehearsal rooms
- rock bottom or matrix both in west croydon
- There is a cool shop opposite pizza express that used to be called just flutes, but now is something different. u can get cool pieces of mozart. sreiously tho, theres a cool guitar shop nxt to pizza express called some kinda mans name. its awsome.
- Potters music in S. Croydon used to be the place to hang out.
- Rockbox in west croydon. wouldn't touch west croydon with a bargepole personally though...
- There is a lovely shop in South End, Croydon.
- Feline Guitars!!!
The South London Brand Guitar!
Build your dream guitar here, with prices that can't be beat!
By cutting out the middle men you would need for a custom fender or gibson such as importers and taxations until your sick in the stomach...
Feline Guitars will build the same dream "les paul" with all the trimmings you desire... built in Croydon, South London!
Martin Phelps & Rockbottom are both great music stores... and have both recomended me to feline for that "custom dream guitar" one does desire!
Rember.... FELINE GUITARS - AROUND THE CORNER, UP THE HILL FROM MARTIN PHELPS
- martin phelps! (spellin mistake there, sry)
- Rock Bottom...great place.
- Early learning centre provide all the latest in jingle bells, triangles and toy guitars at pretty reasonable prices
- I don't like instrument shops in general. But Martin Phelps is the best of a bad bunch. Though the bloke in there still makes me feel really untalented in comparison to his mighty guitar skills.
- Rock bottom, for bongo's guitars etc on london road
- Rockbottom, nearby to West Croydon BR. A great shop, but not the rock-bottom prices they'd have you believe. However, they do sell a lot of good gear, just don't expect any of the assistance to know what they're talking about.
- 101 eletricals
- Martin Phelps Music, in South End, repairs your guitars for you.
- The music shop in south end is lovely inside. Like stepping into another world.
- Rock bottom would have to be the choice shop in croydon, again it's probably already been mentionned - on the London road. Theres also Martin Phelps which is on the main road toward south croydon
- Rockbottom really are the best at selling you stuff at the highest price possible. They used to be ok, but the people who work there now are all ass-kissers who think girls can't rock.
- Although not an instrument shop I feel this place cannot go unmentioned. Scream Stuidios is perfect for any band/group wanting to rehearse in a friendly professional place. These guys know what they're talking about as they have done it all before!! Take time out to talk to them and you'll enjoy the scream experience even more. It's located in South Croydon, down a driveway next to the Blue Elephant Bar. Out the top of Surrey Street market and keep going, easy to find. The prices are excellent and the people are top.
- Rockbottom in London Rd for the rockier and 2nd hand stuff, Martin Phelps in Brighton Rd for new rock stuff and there's classier stuff in some instrument shop further down Brighton Rd whose name I forget.
- The small music shop on South End is called Martin Phelps Music-next to Pizza Express & Geoffrey Butler Cycles has a professional full time guitar repair workshop trading as Feline Guitars inside it. This is the place to go in Croydon to get your guitar checked out and repaired. They also make their own range of custom made guitars-very nice if you can afford it.
Also there is a really good rehearsal studio called scream studios just off South End (down by the side of the Elephant bar. This is where rock & pop bands can rehearse their songs in comfort without driving the neighbours mad. Prices are good and has nice Pa's in the rooms
- The place next to Pizza Express, sells stuff, mainly Guitars and Keyboards.
- Head on down past West Croydon station (London Road) and you will get to Rockbottom on the right-hand-side. Quite a big music shop although it is mainly guitar based. Further on down the same road on the opposite side (just past the Safari cinema) is another smaller music shop (can't remember the name). For electronic music by far the best place to go is Digital Village. To get there take the Brighton Road out of Croydon (which the High St runs into), go through Purley and it is on the LHS just before a large roadabout with a tower block in the middle of it. A good selection of synths, samplers and software.
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: kelly, andy groves, Ross, Lucy, Emma Birkett, Ants, jj, Rick, indigo, Ali Mac, Bish, Mikee, Rich, WStroudley, Mike Snow, linda, ray, Daniel, James Cole, bradzo, Martin Fletcher, SARHA AMER, Helen Killick, Jim Taylor, Claire, emilie bell, Stuart Moore, John Anslow, cheryl, Clare Lipscombe, Julia Simon, gavs, Jenny, Dave, joyce, GFunk, Janet Thompson, Kwame, Aaron, Nick Darsley, Joanna Wood, XDJneps, neil bevan, Charlie, Colincole, The BUrst, sal, Darren Maskell, Lucien, Rob L, sonic, Danng, Jason Hall, Dubs, Richard Dyson, Bill Jones, justin tay, Bob Pullen, Kelle, Gemma, marco, RJB, tom lovelock, Zen, Avril, Naomi and mary, Neil Taylor, James Francis, karen smith, teddy stephens, kitty, palace pat, John B, D*, Kev, steve thompson, machindo jimenez, dylan, tommy hopper, Bob Smith, Mike, sue flynn, antonio, j staniforth, matthew, H, zong, Emmet Faherty, peter durrant, Emma Griffiths, jessica, joel colover, Jack Guest, ba young, Mick, Kate, meeee, soph, Mich, ben, John Welbeck, Sam M (Fairfield Rat), Lucinda, roz, carol bellantoni, Stephen Mani, Adrian, Colas, Emma Golds, Mike Armstrong, Gav Sayer, olivia, Andy, Michele, Antonio Langili, Dave Price, sonofblowfly, blue_strawberry, DAISY, Chelsey, Steve Grace, LOUISE, Matt, Lorry, Alex Tofield, Ben W, Micky, mark mcgrath, Kiani, James, Ivan McDuck, Edward Block, Jodie Lloyd, Alice, elissdeja, Nicola, Chris Newbold, Ian Johns, jaina, Gail, tim j, Kerri Halil, steve, Laura, leyla ozkan, Lulu, The Bard of Croydon, Paul, Nico-Adam Hogg, khalida, Ian Johnson, Pink Poi, Benjamin Lovering, Amy, Richard Goff, Mike Random, Richard Mabbutt, Eric Hands, Steve Lloyd, xfvdxv, Ian skilton, Kaz, Claire Osborn, bayoung, dan, cleo, azeez, Barry McSpooge, loz, john, Helen, PHiL, sam, Alan Robertson, Alan, Aran stevens, bar-med man, mooo, generic, Samuel Marlow, outlando, Simone, gertrude, Toby Jacobs, HANIZAH MOHD.RAWI, Justin, Brian O'Neill, Simon Bernacki, Mark, Manny, Michael, James Earley, Sarah, Lawrence Laud-Anderson, Adam, Peter C. Budd, sarahmelbourn, Lee, hannah law, Jonathan Law, suzi bamboozi, Jason, Rob, Kevin Biggs, michelle, zak, Eve Hanker, larry, cfay, jpp, Fluffy, Sener Naim, Gavin, JULIE STRATH
Last updated: 2008-10-14
More stuff about Croydon
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- Croydon Knowhere Board