Live Music Venues in Croydon, Greater London*
Live sounds in a garage, pub, park or stadium
You can tell us more about Croydon.
Live Music Venues
- THE CARTOON: It's all over the local papers that this legendary and influential venue is to reopen. Unfortunately, I've been driving past when I've spotted the headlines. Does anyone know more detail?
- Bodega Bar, 14 South End, Croydon, CR0 1DL - great new music venue
- Black Sheep Bar
- The Green Dragon and the Brief are well woth checking out - eother as a band, a punter or a budding promoter....
- The Cartoon! Best place, lots of bands. Brixton Academy and London in general have bigger bands and are easily accessible.
- the green dragon, is the nuts, the cartoon is legendary, the ship sheep and the soon to be re-opened harp are all good for metal and alternative, the rest are ropey.
- The Black Sheep has great live music nights.
- Fairfield halls-they do the BEST pantomines!!!men dressed as women still cracks me up!
- i listen to the zutons playing in the good shepherd church.
- Beanos sometimes have live music.
- Cartoon Pub/club. Crap area (in the heart of West Croydon), Great music (live local rock bands and the like)
- the black sheep i think? friday is metal night.
- dno but us croy gurlz go up 2 harlequiun, topboy, aquarium n da icon wich r undas 18's n unda 16 nite clubz. around
- the cartoon is great fun if u wana watch live bands but when it come to the djs they leave a bit to be disired of as all the descent ones have buggered off except for cole - you get a large age range which is good as well lots of trendies goin theyre now thou - black sheep is getting better for live bands thou and isnt as dingy
- The Ship just off Katharine Street, ace place
- Black Sheep Bar. Just had a refurb and added a stage and new sound system. There's now live music on Wednesdays and an open mike night on Sundays. They should've done this years ago, and it certainly beats walking through gangsta territory to go to the 'Toon. (Ugh, can't believe I said 'Toon!)Why not check out my band Nomansland @ the Black Sheep Bar on Wednesday 25th June, with L A Andrews. Two bands with great female singers.
- update: just to let you all know, sadly Shake Some Action, the punk record shop that used to have live bands in the afternoon sometimes, has shut down. if anyone is thinking of opening a place like that in croydon, please, please do. it's currently the least 'alternative' place on earth.
- The Forestdale Arms, now it cleaned its act up. Karaoke/disco Friday, Disco/Live Band Saturday, Somtimes a old style singer on Sunday... And you can take your family too!
- Forestdale Arms, selsdon. Got music/party pub.
- The Cartoon in West Croydon!
- I thought this was about croydon..the only chance at seeing any music here is to fo to the fairfield halls and see jim davidsion in "puss in boots"
- The Braithwaite Hall (part of the Clocktower) is the best live music venue in Croydon, and arguably one of the best outside central London. They've put on some fantastic gigs in the past year, with jazz, Latin and North African/Arabic music to the fore. The atmosphere and the acoustics are always top-notch.
- Black sheep, for a variety of reasons, young teenage college students is one of them, drum n bass, hip hop metal etc throughout the week.
- The Cartoon.
- Bar latino on rock night
- The Cartoon
Shake Some Action Records also has a few live bands every now and again.
- The Cartoon is a good place to go if you like live music, they get a lot of decent unsigned bands in, and also have a lot of tribute bands - they've got a gig listing on their website at http://www.thecartoon.co.uk. You quite often have to pay to get in but its worth it, and it's normally only 3 quid or so, I've never paid over 5 quid to get in, and the bar is reasonably priced
- One of the most underused and underated venues in Croydon is the Blues Club at the rear of Ruskin House, the headquarters of the Croydon Labour Party (The Blues Club is entirely non-political and just happens to rent the hall at the rear). It is on Friday night from 8.00pm. With Folk and Blues on Sunday nights from 8.00pm also. Only costs £2 and you get entered into a raffle for that too, for a bottle of wine. Beer is cheap too. You get a freeform jam session from 8.00pm till 9.00pm and then usually two guest bands till about 11.00pm. A 100% safe, friendly place full of nice enthusiastic people. Absolutely no Croydon kids on the pull here! Decor nothing to look at but atmosphere great, especially in Summer as it has a nice garden. Take numerous buses to South Croydon and walk up Coombe Road to traffic lights. Venue on corner.
- The cartoon has re-opened & puts out fresh hopefuls every night apart from the occasional sunday rock-karaoke sess. Shake some action (the record shop) has a rehearsal space & sometimes do mini-gigs in the shop.
- The Cartoon in London Road is excellent for live music and adult company. The only place for rock music and beer at pub prices.
- The Cartoon bar in London Rd which now, having re-opened, has a vibrant punk/metal scene with hardcore and skacore bands especially popular. Since it's a tight-knit scene everyone knows most of the bands anyway and drinks with them too. Every Bank Holiday there is some kind of all-dayer too, usually culminating in the 'Slam-Fest' where the best young bands in Croydon mesh their styles together for one day. The scene is metal/punk and the factions get along in pecaeful harmony, often crossing over too. It's a relatively new and so pretty young scene, focusing around an all-ages policy at the door and a very open policy on who plays.
- The cartoon is a great venue for live music. They have live bands on every night and the atmosphere is always really good. The bar prices are sensible too-just like normal pub prices.
- the cartoon west croydon next to sinatras
- Have you tried Salsa?? Croydon is HUGE on Salsa venues - great way to meet people - get fit and have a great night out.
Pals in Wellesley Road every Tuesday (Beg 7.30/Intermed 8.45), Bar Latino (Park Street) every Thursday 8.30
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: kelly, andy groves, Ross, Lucy, Emma Birkett, Ants, jj, Rick, indigo, Ali Mac, Bish, Mikee, Rich, WStroudley, Mike Snow, linda, ray, Daniel, James Cole, bradzo, Martin Fletcher, SARHA AMER, Helen Killick, Jim Taylor, Claire, emilie bell, Stuart Moore, John Anslow, cheryl, Clare Lipscombe, Julia Simon, gavs, Jenny, Dave, joyce, GFunk, Janet Thompson, Kwame, Aaron, Nick Darsley, Joanna Wood, XDJneps, neil bevan, Charlie, Colincole, The BUrst, sal, Darren Maskell, Lucien, Rob L, sonic, Danng, Jason Hall, Dubs, Richard Dyson, Bill Jones, justin tay, Bob Pullen, Kelle, Gemma, marco, RJB, tom lovelock, Zen, Avril, Naomi and mary, Neil Taylor, James Francis, karen smith, teddy stephens, kitty, palace pat, John B, D*, Kev, steve thompson, machindo jimenez, dylan, tommy hopper, Bob Smith, Mike, sue flynn, antonio, j staniforth, matthew, H, zong, Emmet Faherty, peter durrant, Emma Griffiths, jessica, joel colover, Jack Guest, ba young, Mick, Kate, meeee, soph, Mich, ben, John Welbeck, Sam M (Fairfield Rat), Lucinda, roz, carol bellantoni, Stephen Mani, Adrian, Colas, Emma Golds, Mike Armstrong, Gav Sayer, olivia, Andy, Michele, Antonio Langili, Dave Price, sonofblowfly, blue_strawberry, DAISY, Chelsey, Steve Grace, LOUISE, Matt, Lorry, Alex Tofield, Ben W, Micky, mark mcgrath, Kiani, James, Ivan McDuck, Edward Block, Jodie Lloyd, Alice, elissdeja, Nicola, Chris Newbold, Ian Johns, jaina, Gail, tim j, Kerri Halil, steve, Laura, leyla ozkan, Lulu, The Bard of Croydon, Paul, Nico-Adam Hogg, khalida, Ian Johnson, Pink Poi, Benjamin Lovering, Amy, Richard Goff, Mike Random, Richard Mabbutt, Eric Hands, Steve Lloyd, xfvdxv, Ian skilton, Kaz, Claire Osborn, bayoung, dan, cleo, azeez, Barry McSpooge, loz, john, Helen, PHiL, sam, Alan Robertson, Alan, Aran stevens, bar-med man, mooo, generic, Samuel Marlow, outlando, Simone, gertrude, Toby Jacobs, HANIZAH MOHD.RAWI, Justin, Brian O'Neill, Simon Bernacki, Mark, Manny, Michael, James Earley, Sarah, Lawrence Laud-Anderson, Adam, Peter C. Budd, sarahmelbourn, Lee, hannah law, Jonathan Law, suzi bamboozi, Jason, Rob, Kevin Biggs, michelle, zak, Eve Hanker, larry, cfay, jpp, Fluffy, Sener Naim, Gavin, JULIE STRATH
Last updated: 2009-02-20
More stuff about Croydon
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- Croydon Knowhere Board