Skateboarding Spots in Croydon, Greater London*
Skate parks, street spots, waxed curbs, stairs, steps, handrails, skate ramps
You can tell us more about Croydon.
- Wandle park is were i normally skate. And we have been talking to the park keeper named Jim, and we are gettng the park extended in March 08!!!!!!!!! we are getting to design the new park, there is going to be a dirt track for BMX'ers etc..and then we are all wanting to get a bowl put in place! so its gonna rock!
- aside form the skate park, which aint bad, over by the wandle park tram stop, your best bet is up by fairfield halls, where all the decent skaters hang out, and generaly get hurt...
- NO 1 knows about <-F_M-> Fairfield FOREVER!!!! Locals only - 7w34k
- fairfield is great for street skateing and has a lot of talented skateboarders there. wandle is ok if u like ramps but is always packed during the summer and full of yunger kids. if u want to skate a good half pipe that isnt metal there is a nice mini ramp a bit fruther out of croydon in new addington.
- Lunar House pavements
- wandle..skate park..mainly bmxers.. georges walk 4 sum ledges..and of course fairfield sum ledges stair gaps 4 boarders. Rollers can find sum rails around croydon its all good
- Go to Fairfield Halls to skate with everyone else who's serious. You'll meet all sorts of people their.
- Wandle Park in Croydon has many steel ramps, half-pipes, quarter-pipes and more.
- the top floors of the central center, there is always no one there and the floors are really smooth. there is also a lift and an escalator for a quick getaway, and a mcdonalds nearbuy if u get hungry :-)
- i no of a few, apart from fairfields if you go toward alders, but not the high street entrance, there is a spot of black marble thats nice to skate. the building is shut and no one uses it so we skate there all the time. anouther if a long way but great set of stairs. first is a 4 set. if you go along the main rd toward the back entrance of witgift and its car park there is some hugh offices. one of them is the BT office. look around the main door and there is a four set.next is the building to the left of the BT offices. go round the back and their is a huge 7 set but is easily grind able. it hard to find if u dont no were to go but just look around the buildings and you find some nice sets.
- FAIRFIELDS FAIRFIELDS AND EVEN MORE FAIRFIELDS full stop
- i skateboard in timebridge, fieldway. it is so cool man.
- the best places in croydon to skate are fairfield halls all of it even the car park when its wet and you want to race from the top to the bottom. fairfields has a 5 set a double 5 set a 3set tonnes of raised platforms and a four set at the front also if you know where to look there is copious amounts of wood underneath just dont get caught taking it.
billies marble is near to the other side of croydon and pound land great place to get drinks when ur thirsty. it is a larrge long raised platform that is easy enough to get onto. it is well smootha swell.
also grants car park go to the top couple ofg floors for the best places. but watch out for scurity gards they wear a black blazer and a red ty. also cameras aswell face awayfrom them on the way to the top.
another nice place to sk8 is the couple of marble blocks near to macdonadls they are soooo sweat but watch out for security gaurds in bright orange jumpers they will take ur boards i think!
C YOU SKATING AT FAIR FIELDS JOEL.C
- Fairfield!!! I'm always there at the weekends, so just ask for sam, tom or jerry. It's always nice to meet new ppl.
- no more miniramp at ashburton park, damn council
- people used to skate in the concrete area out the front of the whitgift centre.. not sure if thats still happening
- The NLA Tower.(the big round building) go to the main entrance and then head off to the left down a flight of stairs(watch out for the security gaurds! and there is a massive bit of flat concrete and a wall that u can do tricks off(bout 4 foot high) ENJOY!
- some of the coolest places to skate r out side big shopping centers like the whitgift and grants but i really like skating wiv my freinds in the whitgift center car parks, u can wax up some curbs in there and spend hours racing down from the top floor to the bottom floor, its pretty cool.
also park hill park is a really cool place to skate and bomb hills they have a shelter there too so u can stil skate if its raining and if no 1 is looking u can drag a near by bench in there to practice grinds too.theres some tennis courts there as well and there always good to practice some flatland tricks on, but watch out for the moany old park keeper who works there he'll kick u out if u piss him off (which is fun to do but kind of annoying when hes desides to call the police and gets u busted), but all in all park hill park is a really cool place to skate and i would recomend it to any body who loves just purely skating around (u'll probably see me and my freinds there on saturdays and if u do just ask for Rick, and maybe u can hang wiv us, if ur good enough lol).
IF U WANA ASK ME ANYTHING ELSE ABOUT SKATING IN CROYDON OR WAT EVA SEND ME AND EMAIL : MATRIXWEBHACKER@AOL.COM
- theres a mini ramp at ashburton park
- THE BEST PLACE 2 SKATE IN CROYDON IS FROM THAT MASSIVE ROUND BUILDING TO THE JUNCTION(TOWARDS THE WHITGIFT CENTRE)AND GEORGE STREET TRAMSTOP . THERES LOADS OF GREAT STUFF 3 SETS 7 SETS ALL OVER THEW PLACE. DONT FORGET FAIRFIELD IT COMPLETELY RULES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HAVE FUN!!!!!!!!
- fairfield, wandle,or....you could always treck to brixton/stockwell park(www.stockwellskatepark.com)
- theres a long stretch of concrete in front of the college over by fairfield halls that isnt bad for skating
- New skate park in Wandle park consists of 2 boxes with rails, roll-in onto jump box, 5ft mini-ramp, small spine, many quarter pipes of various sizes not resulting any bigger than 6ft. All ramps made of metal, so bring a BIG bottle of coke. All-in-all not for the expert of any x-treme background, but thumps up for local council for keepin' the young'uns off the streets.
- There's a new skatepark in new addington, i was excited but when i got there it was crap!! the ground is really dodgey and there are loads of stones and rocks everywher! you can check it out for yourself in tinebridge but you get nothing decent from it
- fairfild definitely
- Don't they all hang out next to the Fairfield Halls? It's very nice in Summer when they've got their shirts off. Even I watch then.
- Dunmow sakte park. it has 2 quarters, 4 rails down a concrete bank, 2 concrete banks and a halfpipe. the sakte aprk atmosphere is alright, you occasaionly get the dealers down, but not often. oh yeah, and buy the way, dont wax the rails, the locals get well pissed off, espically one sakter who is well good.
- next to fairfield halls
- there are no verts at Wandle park in croydon, but all the other wandle info is correct. the atmosphere there is incredibly friendly. no friction between boarders, skaters or bmxers.great place. oh, and the tram stop is called Wandle Park!!
- Fairfield halls.
- Rotary feild, Purley, half pipe.
- In Walden park a new outdoor sk8 park has been built.it is in the middle of the park.it has 2 boxes+rail, 1 spine, a death box, a halfpipe, 2 slopes,5 quarter pipes and 2 verts.its all metal so its good but slows u down.
- Fairfield has already been mentionned here, but yeah it's an ok spot.. There's various half pipes around croydon if you look hard enough, but they're all quite small - the ones I know of are - Ashburton park, the park off the brighton road on the way to purley (cant remember what its called), and theres one in the Addington area, go along the mad mile and turn right and it's on your left
- Park Hill park for Old Skool downhill runs, but look out for Viz-style parky. New skatepark being built in Wandle Park, but hardcore will always go to Fairfields.
- Fairfield is a well established spot. Some of the greats have rolled on these slabs, including myself of course. Keep building the ramps you lot!
- The main hangout for skaters is the concrete bit between Croydon College and Fairfield Halls although most of them are in their early teens so don't expect expert competition.
- The Spot next to the Fairfield Halls.
- Next to Fairfield Halls. Large paved area. Steps, flowerbeds etc. Croydon's answer to the South Bank: the traditional spot where skaters hang out.
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: kelly, andy groves, Ross, Lucy, Emma Birkett, Ants, jj, Rick, indigo, Ali Mac, Bish, Mikee, Rich, WStroudley, Mike Snow, linda, ray, Daniel, James Cole, bradzo, Martin Fletcher, SARHA AMER, Helen Killick, Jim Taylor, Claire, emilie bell, Stuart Moore, John Anslow, cheryl, Clare Lipscombe, Julia Simon, gavs, Jenny, Dave, joyce, GFunk, Janet Thompson, Kwame, Aaron, Nick Darsley, Joanna Wood, XDJneps, neil bevan, Charlie, Colincole, The BUrst, sal, Darren Maskell, Lucien, Rob L, sonic, Danng, Jason Hall, Dubs, Richard Dyson, Bill Jones, justin tay, Bob Pullen, Kelle, Gemma, marco, RJB, tom lovelock, Zen, Avril, Naomi and mary, Neil Taylor, James Francis, karen smith, teddy stephens, kitty, palace pat, John B, D*, Kev, steve thompson, machindo jimenez, dylan, tommy hopper, Bob Smith, Mike, sue flynn, antonio, j staniforth, matthew, H, zong, Emmet Faherty, peter durrant, Emma Griffiths, jessica, joel colover, Jack Guest, ba young, Mick, Kate, meeee, soph, Mich, ben, John Welbeck, Sam M (Fairfield Rat), Lucinda, roz, carol bellantoni, Stephen Mani, Adrian, Colas, Emma Golds, Mike Armstrong, Gav Sayer, olivia, Andy, Michele, Antonio Langili, Dave Price, sonofblowfly, blue_strawberry, DAISY, Chelsey, Steve Grace, LOUISE, Matt, Lorry, Alex Tofield, Ben W, Micky, mark mcgrath, Kiani, James, Ivan McDuck, Edward Block, Jodie Lloyd, Alice, elissdeja, Nicola, Chris Newbold, Ian Johns, jaina, Gail, tim j, Kerri Halil, steve, Laura, leyla ozkan, Lulu, The Bard of Croydon, Paul, Nico-Adam Hogg, khalida, Ian Johnson, Pink Poi, Benjamin Lovering, Amy, Richard Goff, Mike Random, Richard Mabbutt, Eric Hands, Steve Lloyd, xfvdxv, Ian skilton, Kaz, Claire Osborn, bayoung, dan, cleo, azeez, Barry McSpooge, loz, john, Helen, PHiL, sam, Alan Robertson, Alan, Aran stevens, bar-med man, mooo, generic, Samuel Marlow, outlando, Simone, gertrude, Toby Jacobs, HANIZAH MOHD.RAWI, Justin, Brian O'Neill, Simon Bernacki, Mark, Manny, Michael, James Earley, Sarah, Lawrence Laud-Anderson, Adam, Peter C. Budd, sarahmelbourn, Lee, hannah law, Jonathan Law, suzi bamboozi, Jason, Rob, Kevin Biggs, michelle, zak, Eve Hanker, larry, cfay, jpp, Fluffy, Sener Naim, Gavin, JULIE STRATH
Last updated: 2008-10-14
More stuff about Croydon
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- Croydon Knowhere Board