The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else in Croydon, Greater London*
The things which can't be categorised
You can tell us more about Croydon.
The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Until the Council changes its attitude,all is lost.
- Come Dine With Me (Channel 4) is coming to Croydon!
I'm working on Come Dine With Me and I'm looking for anyone with a flair for cooking and hosting dinner parties to apply to be on the hugely popular Channel 4 series. Please get in touch - nominate yourself or friends/family. We like to hear from as many people as possible.
Email Comedinewithme@granadamedia.com or Richard.firstname.lastname@example.org
- There are occassionally amazing markets on-there's been a french market, a German market and best of all a Fair Trade market.
- I have played football with Ian Wright, .... and Darth Vader. Steve Kember teaches me.
- Why is it that you never see Croydon people having a really good laugh at something?
Things Croydon people moan about
- Hi, I felt I should correct a couple of misleading points that have been raised here. Firstly, Croydon despite being a London Borough IS within the county of Surrey. As is Wallington, Sutton and Carshalton. Secondly, to the person that scoffs at Croydon's attempt to become a city in it's own right despite being a suburb of London, could you please explain/clarify the 'City Of Westminster' to me then? It certainly exists. Many thanks. Apart from that I certainly can't argue with the fact that the place is dump.
- Come and help the world, meet inspirational people and get invaluable work experience with the Red Cross. For new, exciting volunteer opportunities in Thornton Heath email Jenny at email@example.com (Sept 05)
- Any one coming to CROYDON for the first time needs only to know that there are a few scattered spots in and around Croydon. Only to name a few Billy Marble, White rail, pandle wark, Nestle building and of course -FAIRFIELD'S-(mainly LOCALS)FM-Toefield. the local people and u know who u r, r dope. Toe-Jeremy-ghetto Gaz-ahoy Aaron-lil Dan-Crispo-Brennan-C Y-(P.SHIER come back to FAIRS)
- Carissia: The best escort agency providing male and female escorts exclusively for women.
- I've mentioned everoything.
- SADDEST THING: Croydon Airport. It isn't an airport any more.
- dnt cum croy if u wan have a gud time jus cum if u int got nuffin beta 2 do
- local heroes.
one of the best skateboarders ever to come out of the uk, paul shier.
a fairfield local for nearly 15 years!!
- Croydon NEEDS a major face-lift and PR improvements, not cram in even more office blocks and 'affordable housing' making it even more depressing and unwelcoming than it already is
For business, its great, but some of us do have to live and work here, apart from in an office
- tattooing/piercing places. theres this one that used to be down a side road in south croydon...its really annoying but i cant remember the name. anyway, it has reopened on whitehorse road, which is sort of west croydon/selhurst kind of area. its on the 50 and 468 bus route for those of you that dont know where that is
- Croydon used to be a punk mecca in the 70s; The Damned used a recording studion in Spencer Road, S.Croydon; The Blue Orchid was a punk venue and i think was called The Greyhound; bands playing there included The Clash, The Buzzcocks, The Damned etc.
- Theres lots of strange things in Croydon if you look around.. abandoned mental asylums, housing estates built on old asylums, underground tunnels+rivers, disused quarries etc..
- The grave-yard is a popular hang-out for metallers & goths, & weed smokers anytime of day/night.
- Although not an instrument shop I feel this place cannot go unmentioned. Scream Stuidios is perfect for any band/group wanting to rehearse in a friendly professional place. These guys know what they're talking about as they have done it all before!! Take time out to talk to them and you'll enjoy the scream experience even more. It's located in South Croydon, down a driveway next to the Blue Elephant Bar. Out the top of Surrey Street market and keep going, easy to find. The prices are excellent and the people are top.
- Croydon is a suburb of Greater London. But it wants to be a city in it's
own right.er..that makes sense.
- Don't dress how all the others do, stand out and make a statement. Majority wear white shirt, black shoes and trousers!! and girls knee high boots, belt instead of skirt and a bra! hmmmmm attractive...not
- The mobile Youth project offers a "new" dymension to youthwork in the Croydon Borough.
- People from Croydon still think they live in Surrey, even though it became part of Greater London 25 years ago.
(It's actualy within the M25!)
- The Clocktower - new heavy-duty public space.
- Are there any local artists in Croydon or any of its borders, who would be interested in presenting an Internet art exhibition? The venue would be @ the Cyberzone Cybercafe in Croydon and would be free for all exhibitors. To add to this any artists who wanted to have their work on display for the purpose of possible sale would be welcome to do so. Content of the exhibition is free, however there must be an Internet feel to it. Anyone wishing to participate can contact me at Cyberzone on 0181-681-6500 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. All suggestions on this subject will also be welcome.
- The Duke of Edinburgh's Award in Croydon is one of the most succesful inthe London region. Each year about 250 young people gain their Awardthrough involvement at School, in a voluntary Youth Organisation or an OpenAward Centre. There are many options easily and cheaply available.
- The Aromatherapy Shop, Unit 5, 22 - 30 Keeley Road, Croydon, CR0. 1TE. We have on offer all your aromatherapy requirements, including, books, posters, burners, as well a large selection of oils. We are behind the Drummond Centre. We also offer a large range of treatments.
- Best thing about Croydon is Crystal Palace Football Club, pride of south London and located in lovely Selhurst Park which I think is within Croydon city limits.
- Green places to spend a sunny summer afternoon - Selsdon Woods nature reserve, and Farthing Downs Nature trail, or South Norwood Country Park. Well, hey, not everyone likes to spend their whole time in Croydon town centre.
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: kelly, andy groves, Ross, Lucy, Emma Birkett, Ants, jj, Rick, indigo, Ali Mac, Bish, Mikee, Rich, WStroudley, Mike Snow, linda, ray, Daniel, James Cole, bradzo, Martin Fletcher, SARHA AMER, Helen Killick, Jim Taylor, Claire, emilie bell, Stuart Moore, John Anslow, cheryl, Clare Lipscombe, Julia Simon, gavs, Jenny, Dave, joyce, GFunk, Janet Thompson, Kwame, Aaron, Nick Darsley, Joanna Wood, XDJneps, neil bevan, Charlie, Colincole, The BUrst, sal, Darren Maskell, Lucien, Rob L, sonic, Danng, Jason Hall, Dubs, Richard Dyson, Bill Jones, justin tay, Bob Pullen, Kelle, Gemma, marco, RJB, tom lovelock, Zen, Avril, Naomi and mary, Neil Taylor, James Francis, karen smith, teddy stephens, kitty, palace pat, John B, D*, Kev, steve thompson, machindo jimenez, dylan, tommy hopper, Bob Smith, Mike, sue flynn, antonio, j staniforth, matthew, H, zong, Emmet Faherty, peter durrant, Emma Griffiths, jessica, joel colover, Jack Guest, ba young, Mick, Kate, meeee, soph, Mich, ben, John Welbeck, Sam M (Fairfield Rat), Lucinda, roz, carol bellantoni, Stephen Mani, Adrian, Colas, Emma Golds, Mike Armstrong, Gav Sayer, olivia, Andy, Michele, Antonio Langili, Dave Price, sonofblowfly, blue_strawberry, DAISY, Chelsey, Steve Grace, LOUISE, Matt, Lorry, Alex Tofield, Ben W, Micky, mark mcgrath, Kiani, James, Ivan McDuck, Edward Block, Jodie Lloyd, Alice, elissdeja, Nicola, Chris Newbold, Ian Johns, jaina, Gail, tim j, Kerri Halil, steve, Laura, leyla ozkan, Lulu, The Bard of Croydon, Paul, Nico-Adam Hogg, khalida, Ian Johnson, Pink Poi, Benjamin Lovering, Amy, Richard Goff, Mike Random, Richard Mabbutt, Eric Hands, Steve Lloyd, xfvdxv, Ian skilton, Kaz, Claire Osborn, bayoung, dan, cleo, azeez, Barry McSpooge, loz, john, Helen, PHiL, sam, Alan Robertson, Alan, Aran stevens, bar-med man, mooo, generic, Samuel Marlow, outlando, Simone, gertrude, Toby Jacobs, HANIZAH MOHD.RAWI, Justin, Brian O'Neill, Simon Bernacki, Mark, Manny, Michael, James Earley, Sarah, Lawrence Laud-Anderson, Adam, Peter C. Budd, sarahmelbourn, Lee, hannah law, Jonathan Law, suzi bamboozi, Jason, Rob, Kevin Biggs, michelle, zak, Eve Hanker, larry, cfay, jpp, Fluffy, Sener Naim, Gavin, JULIE STRATH
Last updated: 2013-08-18
More stuff about Croydon
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- Croydon Knowhere Board