Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear in Doncaster, South Yorkshire*
Stockists of gear to make good sounds
You can tell us more about Doncaster.
Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Electro music
- Electro music
- all shut
- Scratch Music & Installation specialise in PA and Lighting systems. 28 years experience!!
- Great one again on Netherhall Road
- Smedley's, they have lots of instruments, sheet music etc . .
- Electro-Music have a good range, and they had no problem with me trying guitars out for twenty minutes or so - I'll go back there again.
Back Street Guitars have a much smaller, cheaper range, but the guy who runs it was very helpful, and I'll go there again, too.
Wizard Guitars seem to have a fair range and the guy was quite helpful at first, until I told him that I wasn't going to buy that day. He then refused to let me look at any more guitars and told me to stop wasting his time, go ask other people for advice, and come to him when I have the cash. So I absolutely will NOT be going back there. Shame really, because over the next month or two I'll be spending around a grand on equipment.
- After reading the post about shops in doncaster i would like to say that if you want better service and and your bits cheaper wizard guitars came out on top, electro and the other one run by another welsh guy seemed to lack experience, and they wouldn't move on price, i had two guitars in need of urgent attention for a gig the same night and The wizard himself did them for me within the hour, which belw away the other quotes, one being two months nearly and the pther shop couldn't do the work, marks out of ten has to be ten!!
- OOOOOOH flippin eck :O Im off to Electro or Steel City ta!
- Had to laugh at the post about Back Street Guitars..
I don't usually reply to stuff i read, but this was funny enough to get me writing..
Back Street Guitars is owned by one of the partners that started Steel City Guitars with shops in Sheffield and Doncaster. The shop was bought out from the partnership in may last year by me the owner Keith. I am here every day.
The signs.. yes they use a similar typeface as do just about all the shops on this road in Doncaster, and the signs are different to Steel City Guitars.
The guy at Wizard and I are brothers, strangely enough, thats why we have the same surname and are both Welsh!! But we have no connection at all, either personally or business wise. This shop has no connection to anyone else whatsoever. As for the people who are here previously working at Wizard guitars, us and all the folk at Steel City Guitars all worked there in the past. The music shop world is small and folk tend to go between shops.
Judge us by calling in here and seeing for yourself what we do and how we do it...and ask around in Doncaster. We would be pleased to see you..
- Apparently the owners of Wizard Guitars and Backstreet Guitars are brothers!!!! Say no more...Looks like the bloke at Backstreet is also trying to copy Steel City Guitars signs and stuff too, and they definitely aren't connected because I've asked. In Doncaster I'd stick with Electro or at a push Smedleys if I were you, or like the other guy said, Steel City Guitars in Sheffield is well worth the run. They've got an amazing shop over there.
- electro music. n down the road is some other guitar shop.
- Apart from Electro music (cool as ever!) the guitar shop situation in Copley Road seems to be getting stranger by the minute! I heard that that new Backstreet Guitars shop (where Steel City had a shop for a bit) is some relation to the guy at Wizard Guitars so I'm wondering if they are connected? Anyone know? They are both Welsh, have the same surname and the younger bloke working at Backstreet used to work at Wizard. I'm sure the Welsh guy at Backstreeet did too at some point a while ago. Mmmmm. Wonder what happened there then!?!! Could just do with knowing if there is any connection before I go in!I think I might just stick with Electro or make the trip over to the Steel City Guitars shop in Sheffield cos its worth it.....:D
- Smedley's opposite TG Hughes is where I have bought a few guitars before. The guy who runs it is very helpful and seems to know his stuff...
- electro music is quite good, but lessons are expensive. avoid if you don't have much cash. there's a good music shop just down the road opposite the snack shack.
- Up to date info December 2004
There are now three guitar shops on Copley Road - Electro Music - Wizard Guitars - Steel City Guitars - On Printing Office Street there is Smedley's - there is no longer any Musicground or Fox's
- Would recommend Steel City Guitars on Copley Road.They've got a huge choice of nice stuff and they are decent on their prices.Really friendly and helpful.
- Electro Music on Copley Road - or if you have a lorra lorra cash try music ground
- They're all closing! Theres only one left now and thats Smedleys. Good set of Sheet music and guitars and other instruments. They have all the stuff you need as well for Brass stuff.
- Gr8 new guitar shop on Copley Road!!!!! Ive been to their amazing shop in Sheffield so I'm chuffed to see them in Donny. Nice guys, they know their stuff.
- Electro Music!
- Music Ground has sadly gone - moved to the shop in Leeds - pity
Electro Music is growing - they now have another place over the road - seems to stock all that techno stuff
- electro music, wizard guitars on coply rd
- wizard guitars on copley rd. this shop is pure...mwah!
if you like guitars you will be in heaven...
- electro music, and what a grand place it is
- Fox's Music, Frenchgate
- Electro Music is an absolutely fantastic Music shop. It's worth even a fifty mile visit if you're wanting to buy something.
- 1-2-1 club on Balby Road, mainly flute players but have a couple of trombonists.
- Just take a walk down Copley Road
- rock on wizard guitars... donny is a great place 4the band scene
(or at least it used 2n anyway)
music ground - a cool place also
- Quite a few, best place to go is by far Electro Music, they sell eveything from Drum Kits to Speakers to full Computer Music systems, It's now become well known through out Yorkshire.
- Music Ground for Guitars, near the careers office.
Or Electro Music for everything, down copley road!
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: phil, matthew collinson, terryb, Rich, mandi wood, god, maria, Andrew White, Nova Productions, Chris Ashman, Chris Goes, biffy nd bitch, Mike Jones, Neil Worthington, helen barnard, Keefie, Dave, jamie deehan, lucy, David K, Donkey Dave, chelle, Chris49, TunaSunrise, jamie Jones, will, James Whittard, AM, Em, Torz, louise emery, jim firth, Daniel Boyle, cam, Paul Reynoldson, Martin Speight, Paula, lee hepworth, Mick Sleight, sarah, Mel, F Burton, mr. ilovedonni, Ted, alan mchugh, lucinda king, Dom, Neil Taylor, Rebecca, Stevie Ridsdale, kelv, soi-disant, Robin Hood, Becca, Mrs Taff, James Black, orwin, jack, DB, martin Farmer, mart, *joey*, Captain Thunderbolt, Glen, Alan Perry, Groodraw, Jo, mark kinsella, tony, Simon Greenwood, C-S-K, tyker, Steve Richardson, bella, Martin Clark, Jonny, paul russell, Andy Smith, rach, peter sutch, Nadine, RobH, Avenger, Nena Kubu, becky fawcett, Paul Sharp, m.hall, Eddie Tang, Dick Maughan, sinead connor, mark, elvis cook, claire, ja parker, Henry Joe, Jen Liem, Rachel Marshall, Sally, Emma, siobhan, Selin Artoob, mark wain, lee scothern, John Kelly, Donkey, Erika Metcalfe, janet wilkinson, Laura, georgia, Chaz, Chris Shelley, the beak man, Gemma wood, mr. puke, Lis, Mel Todd, Alan Drabble, leeann d, bex, sophz, Mark Elliott, Little Baby Cheeses, splodge, maddie, Piers Cawley, Andy Booth, john smith, Darren Lawton, joanne, Rodney Fountain, d martin, john, apawlett, Keith, Bill thorpe, Ryan, Paul Cooke (fae Glasgow now), generic, mrs buckley, Stretch, Gazza, Donna Campbell, Nicky, Tom thorpe, rob, Jim@Hatfield, stacy, Melissa Asquith, becky, Jevarell, maggie, raymoon, rick stonefield, Geoff Miller, Phil Pill, ohmedanny, wendi, peter townend, Nikki D, patricia forati, Alicia
Last updated: 2012-08-15
More stuff about Doncaster
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- Doncaster Knowhere Board