Arts, crafts and such in Dorking, Surrey*
Anything from pukka art galleries to craft shops. Trendy and twee both welcome.
You can tell us more about Dorking.
Arts, crafts and such
- Poodle Murdering, every Weds at the Church Hall. Call Carol on 01306 001299.
- Imagination is a great place to take kids - they can spend an afternoon painting pottery all in a confined area!
- erm, there is an art shop near to fullers, outside the pizza place called prezzo's - its across the street from there.
also, there are nearly always art displays on at denbies wine estate in the upstairs section. whether its photography, watercolours or oil pastels - they got it.
- There is an art gallery on the corner where South Sreet meets West Street, and also two small galleries/shops further up the High Street.
Materials can be bought at Rowes, Sussex Stationers, Woolworths, WHSmith, and all the other usual places, plus the High Street gallery nearest to Kentucky (I forget the name but the building is brown).
West Street has an okay model shop, and also some shops selling dolls and antiques.
- Pottery shop next to the Surrey Yeoman gives u the chance 2 be the next Claris Cliff. Bit pricey though.
- Dorking has loads of art, craft and galleries. Too many to list here, check out visitdorking.com for a listing or better still visit the town. A copy of the annual Dorking Directory lists them with address and phone numbers.
- Plenty of antique, art and craft shops on West Street. A delightful street which is marred by lots and lots of traffic!!
- There are some good shops down West Street that sell Dolls Houses, Antiques, Build your own aeroplane,tank etc type shops!!
There is now a new shop that has opened in the High Street where you can paint your own pottery..ohhhhh!!
I'll give it 4 months!!
- A local 'artist' paints on toilet seats down the alley next to WHSmith's.
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: cath, A.V.COPELAND, simon, Gareth Watson, Rick, Debbie Clark, Richard Lewin, J Hall, lisa field, Dan Marshall, Womble, Karl, Becky, alex, Andy Tyler, Alice Smith, Jugs, sally ingold, richard smith, Ruthie, Matthew Baker, John Greeves, nic, andrew donelan, emiller, Barry, kevin wadey, John Wood, Choices, Richard, Big John, Richard Narain, Raver Dave, Graham Leach, Ruth Warren, Tim Trendall, Ken Pork, Barney, Georgie, The Ticket, Trev, Ruairi, Darren, simon Matthews, JimLad, Lofty, Graham Mytton, generic, Rick Catt, Ian, Chelley McLear, Christine, poppy, Thomas Parnell, Freddy, Anon, The Ushers, gem, unknown, Kate, Anna, Andy Cahn, Martyn Davies, dorking tourist, Pharmb20, Jeremy Dredge, Lord Geoffrey, toohot, Dorking Dave, Ad
Last updated: 2010-03-10
More stuff about Dorking
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- Dorking Knowhere Board