The Best Things in Dublin, Dublin*
If you're around, be sure to check these things out
You can tell us more about Dublin.
The Best Things
- The Nightlife
- The Irish People, the most friendlest in the world. Ko Karting at Kylmore Industrail estate dublin10 wher Denam Hill goes to.
Or puddin hill over past Rathoat if you are out near meath.
- Loads of green spaces, parklands, etc. Sweeping Georgian terraces, proximity to coast and the Wicklow Mountains, North Bull Island Beach, no smoking in venues...
- Watching the little thugs in their stripey Lacoste or Fred Perry t-shirts, their fake Burberry caps, trackies rolled into their socks and their gleaming white Lacoste or Nike Air Max runners standing outside Dr Quirkeys waiting for the 'girls' it's always such a funny sight
- Well as an English tourist visiting Dublin i was in awe.
DRINK : The home of guiness livs up to its name. I was so besotted with the stuff i started pouring inon my cornflakes.
FOOD: Incredible, so much choice and so many places. I was in hunger heaven.
PLACES: I tried to cover the entire city. There is so much to see. I loved it all, especially chilling by the liffey
PEOPLE: Friendly helpful and easy going.
WOMAN: Amazing, what can i say, my mate and I were chilling out in grafton street playing the 'Spot the ugly bird' which we never acheived. Gorgeous, all of them and that beautiful accent.
- The spire!!! well i think its kewl anyway!!
- All the 14 year old prostitiutes hyped up on heroin goin off wiv 45 year old men on Benburg street
- The airport with flights to Manchester!
- Just walk, take the DART, and suck in the city. Be a modern day Bloom and create your own epic in this incredible walking city.
And the used book stores are awesome.
- Irish people...the singin, the dancin, the PLACE TO BE IF YOU WANNA HAVE FUN :D
- I came to Dublin in July a liitle worried what it was going to be like, But was pleasntly supprised at the whole thing the people were so freindly & the city is wonderful ( i came to see Robbie at landsdowne road).Stayed in a b&b in Rathmines it was so brill i didn't want to come home, so in november i will be visting again just for the sheer hell of it & a trip round temple bar of course!!!!!!
- Henry Street Market. Also, check in the newspapers for events in the suburbs, often great fun and cheap if not free, especially if the organisers are a church.
- You'll love derry if you're prepared to skate anything and move around. we've some of the most unique skate spots in the world.nothings perfect so if you're after a Love Park session stay away. the faders are always weeded out.
- The best thing about Dublin has to be the people. While on holiday I had a fabulous time and everyone was so friendly. If you get the chance to visit - DO. A brilliant place full of brilliant people!
- THE PEOPLE
- You can fall in love in Dublin
- Most definitely Fibber Magee's, it rules the friggin roost! I'll be there in some raggedy NIN merchandise, tryin' to look moody. Catch me at my address: Nastyratt@hotmail.com
- Brilliant little city to visit... everything's accessible with one bus-ride into town. Lots to see and visit. Everything's in walking distance once in the city-centre. Wide range of music/clubs...
- Fibber's (Fibber Magee's) it rocks!
- The craic. The women. The Guinness. The relaxed attitude to life.
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: peter brunton, Anton Scally, BONNIE, Anita, MarkyMark, Micheal O Doibhilin, Brian Whelan, Noel Byrne, ANdy, Chris, Simon Holt, jay doherty, Caleb, Lara, kristeen, Al, michael martin, generic, Nialleration, Claire, rae, Hero, Michael Ginley, bren, cath finn, Tracie Pidgeon, BRIAN MOORE, Rupert Dowling, Jody Vij, marko jones, Tracey, issy, Stonedfluff, Pbuddy, eileen, anthony, bryan maguire, Rivets, S. Mallard, Brian Taube, Jim Whittle, michelle, donnie scannelloni, Nigel Smeaton, finbar, Langton
Last updated: 2008-10-14
More stuff about Dublin
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- Dublin Knowhere Board