Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars in Dublin, Dublin*
Where to go to get down
You can tell us more about Dublin.
Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Fibber MaGees and Eamonn Doranns are absolutely great
- PoD / RedBox on Harcourt St.
- The best pulling spot in Dublin is "Copper Face JAcks" on HArcourt street just of St.Stephens Green. if you don't pull there ya never will.... men and women. It is fondly known as "Slapper Face Jacks"
- Club Aquarium Parnell Street (used to be Fibber MaGee's) for rock nights.
- The Voodoo Lounge, Arran Quay. Brilliant joint, partly owned by Huey from Fun Lovin Criminals. It is the place if you're black,white, New Yorkian, Irish, or anywhat. Go and you won't be disappointed.
- Eamonn Dorans - this is where TFI Friday was broadcast on St. Patrick's Day 2000. U2 were there and all...
- The Kitchen, Bono's own club is suppossed to be pretty cooel, there's also the Pod,the Red box and the Vatican on Harcourt Street and millions more!!!!
- Ri Ra in the basement of Central Hotel,Wicklow Street, two levels more laid back dance/trip hop etc downstairs: mixed crowd
- Temple of Sound, Ormond Quay. Excellent Atmos. happy techno/club music. bpm's are starting to slow up a bit tho.. 10:30-2/3am. #6.
- UFO at Columbia Mills, Sir John Rogersons Quay. Recommended! Best place for techno, trance and hard house. 11:00-4ish. #6 in.
- HoloDeck at McGraths North end of O'Connel St. Slightly younger crowd.. Excellent techno & hardcore. 11:00 til 2/3am. #4 in.
- Etc. at Ri-Ra's. Dame Court, off Dame St. Acid jazz and funk. 5 pounds in, 11:00 til 2/3.
- Purple Onions on Dame Street
- Temple of Sound. As above..but with guest DJ's like Eric Powell Feb 18; Fabio Paras Feb 25. Recommended. 8 pounds in, 10:30-2/3am.
- Release, at 'Grouchos'. a harder core, club. Powerscourt Townhouse Centre - Sth. William St. House, progressive and trance with guest DJ's. #8 in; 11:00 til 4/5.
- POD. at The Pod. Harcourt St. happy House music. Where you can strut and pose. Good tho..and friendly. #8 in and 11:00 til?
- Purple Onions on Dame Street
- Fibber McGee's every night for alternative mix. From grunge to metal, etc. At corner of Cathal Brugha and O'Connell St. Open til 2.
- The Kitchen at weekends.
- Another good club is The Blue Note Cafe on Aston Quay, mostly acid-jazz and mild house.
- Fibber McGees - don't be put off by the stories about knives, hatchetts and fights. It's not that scary. Clubs on Leeson Street open till 6am. Popular with 16 year old girls who are letched over by sad, drunk 40+ year old men. Very expensive but fun.
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: peter brunton, Anton Scally, BONNIE, Anita, MarkyMark, Micheal O Doibhilin, Brian Whelan, Noel Byrne, ANdy, Chris, Simon Holt, jay doherty, Caleb, Lara, kristeen, Al, michael martin, generic, Nialleration, Claire, rae, Hero, Michael Ginley, bren, cath finn, Tracie Pidgeon, BRIAN MOORE, Rupert Dowling, Jody Vij, marko jones, Tracey, issy, Stonedfluff, Pbuddy, eileen, anthony, bryan maguire, Rivets, S. Mallard, Brian Taube, Jim Whittle, michelle, donnie scannelloni, Nigel Smeaton, finbar, Langton
Last updated: 2008-10-14
More stuff about Dublin
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- Dublin Knowhere Board