The Worst Things in Dudley, West Midlands*
The entirely missable and worth mentioning because of it
You can tell us more about Dudley.
The Worst Things
- Those bloody buskers miming playing the panpipes and trying to sell me cd's!!!
- The fact that Sofi's Chip Shop on Castle St doesnt open 24 hours a day -we love you sofi!!!
- The effinate skinny little Indian whose mum has got a shop - talks far too quickly no one understands him
- Basically everything. I dont know why people still insist on visiting this crap hole. Its terrible. Its boring and trust us when ew say there is NOTHING HERE!! Only decent shops in the area are Sanity (CD's etc) but thats closed down - leaving us with the shitty markets - that dont even sell anything good!!!The JJB at the top of the street is extrememly poor. pLease, just nuke the place and start over, because its fucking embarassing to be seen in.
- How its being left to rot.What once was a thriving town has become an awful place where people are afraid to go after dark and waste of good space.
- The people. They just God-dam immature and arrogant - not just the yobs who linger around the bus station and throughout the town. These people are so devoid of manners it beggers beleif, and they have no self-respect; anyone with any self-worth is instantly pounced on as they they have have no right to be in such a place. Which they dont' because the locals are best left to their own devices.
This is such a shame bacuse there is some really good history surrounding this town, but this is shadowed by the gang-bang culture that also surrounds it.
The never-ending supply of tacky, expensive outlets like McDonalds merely adds to the aroma. This town used to have some good shops, with good poeple in them. Now it's just foul-mouthed, smelly locals sticking two fingers up to the world and anyone that gets in their way.
Even during the day you can almost taste the aroma of never-ending panic shopping and a complete lack of manners. You immediatley get the impression that hell would be a more welcoming place, because everyone seems to be aggresively aiming for you and if you look in their direction they'll poke your eyes out with a tooth-pick. Their lifestyle is moronic - and they know it and don't care.
It's the people that make a place. Dudley is by virtue of its people a pile of shite. It could be so much more, but the residents care so little for it..
- All of it! the place is a dump! Its all cheapo shops, scrubby 1960's architecture, and lots of litter. It ranks just below Milford Haven and Pensnett on my most hated list.
- start at the town centre and work outwards for about 4 or 5 miles.
- the nutters that hang around the bus station at night.
- Being called a Brummie. And not having a chip shop near my boyfriends house..we have to walk about 5 mins to get to the nearest one! hehe
- People thinking you're thick 'cause of the accent - or worse...thinking that you're a Brummie!!!! (heaven forbid!)
Lack of seriously good shops in the town centre...we used to have M&S, Littlewoods, BHS, C&A, Dixons, Sainsburys many, many years ago, but they've all buggered off to Merry Hell (as some call it) and been replaced with naff pound shops that sell nowt but tat! Beatties is still here, but for how much longer?
The Grimleys - talk about giving a dog a bad name........
- The Courthouse
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: musuplex, Will, Gregg, William, Marie, p hall, john, Matt Dooner, Nathan Franklin, davedee, Kaci, generic, Suuz, Jimbo, Mark, pete, Colin Gooch, Lanny, Michael T, Kerry, MICHAEL, sara gardiner, Bongfish, jo, Vyki Shaw, Dudley Music Centre, Lawnswood Rd, Regan, ben, HLG, Mark Broome, Martin Fisher, paul101, Jonno, Frank Williams, bex, Sal, Marie and Pappy, paul
Last updated: 2008-10-14
More stuff about Dudley
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- Dudley Knowhere Board