Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs in Ealing, Greater London*
Derailleurs, sprockets, crank and clips - where to get them
You can tell us more about Ealing.
Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- go to greenford bike shop for motorbikes go to perivale motorcyles next to the medway estate .
- Only bike shop in Ealing is Ealing Cycles situted on Bond street. Nothing BMX here aprt from tubes and maybe an FSA star but for your forks. Staff=fairly friendly and are willing to lend tools unlike Halfords!! There was a Halfords on Uxbridge road in Ealing but that closed down some time ago (circa-2001/2002). A better shop is half-pipe, some of the staff are helpful there, some just want your money, and some just want to do absolutely nothing. However, a good shop dedicated to BMX and skateboarding among other things. Good place to pick up some S&M Slam XLT bars! Another alternative is bmx forum which have a classifieds section or simply alansbmx. But don't come to Ealing in the hope of finding good BMX parts because you will find yourself dissappointed. [Time of writing=Winter 2008]
- There is a motorbike shop in hangerlane. That would be the 112/83/pr1 taken from easling broadway. About 20 mins away.
- One in Hanwell. Greenford Avenue.
- One on Bond Street and Halfords in Slough.......neither of which are particulary specialist or diverse.
- revolution motorcycles near southall is a great place to get a cheaper than cheap bike from!! the place might look reall bad but it really has some nice people there
- on yer bike!!!!!!!!!1
- Cash Convertors in West Ealing sells a linmited
range of new and second hand bicycles,mainly" mountain "style.
- Person Powered: Halfords and Ealing Cycles are both nearish Marks and Spencer in the main Ealing Broadway area.... there are plenty more dotted around EAling. Good place for bikes.
Sell Bromptons nice service when the old guys in.
- Bill Bunns motorbike shop on the South Ealing Road. Cheeky chappies, good range of bikes for such a small shop - don't trust the aftersales service though!
the guy in Ealings only bike shop for 3 miles
has a repuation as being "funny".
everyone Ive spoken to agrees
he is very short on patience
- Newton & Son on the Greenford Avenue, good old fashioned service
- Active bikes! This may well be the only redeeming feature of the waterglade centre. The guys are nice and the kit is cool. It save me having to trek all the way up to notting hill for decent stuff.
- only one now opposite Abbey National
Grumpy and odd service from this sole Raleigh dealer
- Stuart's, 309 Horn Lane, Acton 0181 993 1891 - good service and repairs.
- BL Spares on St Marys Road, Ealing - near Thames Valley University - Irene and Peter make an extremely eccentric couple. OK for repairs and spares, and S/H touring bikes.
- Ealing Cycles on Bond Street has a very rude proprietor, but a good range of new bikes and a fast repair service.
- The Council do a handy free map of the Borough showing cycle routes, available from libraries.
- There is a museum in Gunnersbury Park, currently displaying interesting bicycles including Chris Boardman's Lotus carbon-fibre model (until 1998).
- Ealing has an extremely active cycling club, which also works with the Council to make the streets safer and bike-friendly. Contact Michael Peel, Ealing Cycle Campaign, at Michael_Peel@compuserve.com for details of rides, meetings, maintenance classes, and lobbying activities.
- Motorbike shops
- Bill Bunn's, South Ealing Rd. Good for general repairs, Honda specialist, friendly.
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: George, a johnson, Nick Pomeroy, aNTONIOg, martin, Paul Hilling (nee Monaghan), ellis hayes, Daniel, em, Graham Brown, alex, Paul Gibbs, Dave Jones, jack sims, Jonathan Bown, Nigel Sumner, richard, marcus, Martin Proll, firstname.lastname@example.org, fuck you, Theo papo, elliott michaels, Charlie, dedmemez, hamish mcdougal, Jim Thompson, rachel, Lisa, Irish Mark, aaron, cb, marekherezinski, Allan Kelly, Mr.Campbell, Pip, bruce, luke, Charlie Pottins, nikky, Andrew Moseby, Tom C, matt, Mr.Halsey, Anthgony, simon batterbury (again), Jon B, matt h, Amelie Poulain, Richard Williams, lezen, smelly elly, Ian Sayer, Ealing92, Mia Davies, halsey, Karl (again), Mr.Charles, jade, Les Smith, Caroline, Naveen Rao, Martyn Davies, ian sampson, Julie Mok, Pete T, Fred Hunt, Phil D, Colin Crook, Lynn Clements, jim-bob, mark, Peter Wyndham, alice, jim, chris murrell, Clarice, Ian Hall, Dan, Hank Thrifter, Joanna Chivers, Karl, Charles, william, Alison Cheyney, Amy *Devil Child*, boff, michmac, Maurice, Tenzin, John Bird, Antonia K, Karl Marx, Laura, Andrea Bain, Paul, David, Liz, Samir Savant, cecil gaybody, Michael Corby, tp, Henry, Chrissy, marko, Catherine Smallwood, Peter Rowan, Sue, sam, r0ya, ANON, philly, generic, oZ, Michael, sam quinn, Sarah Kirkum, jimbo, john wilsher, matt goatley, vzvvxcz, Art Forth, Peter Dunn, John, Alistair, Russ, horatio pars-nips, Jimi Hendrix, fran hill
Last updated: 2015-10-26
More stuff about Ealing
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- Ealing Knowhere Board