Cheap Food in East Dulwich, Greater London*
Corner eateries, quick bites and the local chippy
You can tell us more about East Dulwich.
- BEST AUTHENTIC INDIAN THE PISTACHIO CLUB
- Blue Mountain is still the daddy. the original east dulwich gem. really good food for a reasonable price. very friendly, laidback atmosphere. Great juices, music and cakes. great for people watching - as the odd telly type can be spotted lunching in the neighbourhood.
- Thai Corner Cafe! on North Cross Road. OR try Dulwich Tandoori, both are not the cheapest but definately best value for money. Don't recommend thai on Lordship lane - once waited an hour and a half for the food and ended up leaving without eating. Shocking service. We thought they were having it delivered from Thailand it took so long - others also left at the same time as us. June 2005.
- Hannah's is one of the Best Restaurants in East Dulwich, its unpretentious surroundings together with friendly family members of staff create the perfect romantic, celebratory evening - the chef is passionate about his food and I have seen first hand kitchen drama if the same is not up to scratch. After one or two visits, they remember you and welcome you! Having moved to the area 7 years ago, Hannas and remained consistently good in terms of the food, menu and pleasant reception.
- Pistachio Club - renowned Indian on Lordship Lane.
Le Chardon - excellent French food.
- The Holly. Not strictly East Dulwich - but near as dammit. Corner of Holly Grove & Bellenden Road.
Barcelona - excellent tapas restaurant.
Franklins- Lordship Lane.
Avoid the Mexican on Lordship Lane. Bad food. Poor serviced. Unimaginative and overpriced.
- Almost all of the endless curry houses on Lordship Lane are great - the smell wafts along the entire road.
Le Chardon - bit pricey but nice for a romantic night out or for your parents.
Best Thai - Thai Corner Cafe - can take your own booze
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: Amanda Steel, Tarka Cowlam, Carrie, Samiam, edgar, Jim Kelleher, Jeremy Richardson, Jonas Jaanimagi, David McIlfatrick, kee, Lennox Brown, Donna Rochester, Caroline, Mark Lancaster, Minnie, generic, heather, Gabriella, Marie Burke, alex, Katie, Anthony, Tweek, Jon Young
Last updated: 2008-10-14
More stuff about East Dulwich
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- East Dulwich Knowhere Board