The Best Things in Eastbourne, East Sussex*
If you're around, be sure to check these things out
You can tell us more about Eastbourne.
The Best Things
- the weed basements in town .... goooooooooooood weed!
- nothing its a shit hole
- nothing eastbourne is horrible
- The A22 towards London
- Eastbourne is total uncool, and has no pretentions unlike Brighton its close neighbour. It is an untouched gem where those in the know will stay rather than those who move to Brighton to be cool (thinking a town will make them into something)
- my house, the beach after 4pm in the summer when all the tourests have gone, and airbourne
- The climate, Eastbourne can be a suntrap. The local state schools are excellent. There is little serious crime. The stunning views from Beachyhead and the incredible Butts Brow. The wonderful people of Seaside.
- the people of course! the many parks,lakes and of course the seafront, theres loads for families and people of all ages
- roads out of eastboune
- pier is great fun.
- The pier
- Old People, fish & chips, genteel Victorian Seaside atmosphere, the Old Town.
- Thayers fresh dairy ice-cream. The guy in there is so nice to us kids and is an amazing artist!
- mild winters / great summers / the downs / butts brow / country pubs / the music scene / eating out / illeagal beach parties (thanks tony & rob)
plenty of old people to talk to at bus stops (bless them)
- The marks and sparks and the road going to brighton
- The sea/beach/promenade. No cr**py amusements along the seafront like Hastings. The parks and the surrounding countryside.
- clubs scate parks
- The best thing to hit Eastbourne is the new alternative to the local press - the PIE magazine. PIE stands for 'People in Eastbourne' and it does exactly what is says on the tin - it stands for the town. We are journalists who investigate scams, dodgy-dealers and crooked traders who prey on our locals. We also support people who cannot afford to advertise in the Herald and support local events. All this is then printed in the PIE, in colour on a monthly basis, and distributed FREE to the town thru' the supermarkets and newsagents.
Treat yourself on Saturday 8th September, read something that will make you smile, and make you think!! Go on, you're worth it! www.pie-mag.co.uk
- Good quality of life (if you're 50+)
- The beach all year round... especially later in the evenings when the sun has gone down... it's low tide, and most of the visitors have gone home, or are in there beds?
- The nightlife around the old town is good with lots of people to talk to.
- The theatres
- My towni/rude boy mates and I, the up and coming Langney Sports, the option of nipping 'down the beach' in the summer
- The new Eastbourne website at www.eastbourne.co.uk
- Potential, oodles of potential.
- See photos of Eastbourne at www.monocle.org/eastbourne. Massive selection of photos including 360 degree panoramic photos.
- beachy head - cos of cure connection
- The beach is ok in summer, nothing much else really.
- The view of the Downs as you approach by train or driving in after Polegate on the A22 Hampden Park & Gildredge Park Beachy Head Playing 'The Derby' on the Pier The Beach Huts at Hollywell The Bandstand of Truth
- Walking under the cliffs west from the "sugar Loaf"
- This is really hard...the sea? No, because this is next to the beach which is sandless and cuts your feet. Sorry. I tried. Sometimes the oldies can be kind and friendly. and there is nevera shortage of holiday jobs at resthomes.
- Good pubs, near the downs;beachyhead;Brighton The pier
- The beach in Summer
- The old grannies
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: Zoe, Jen Francis, simon, poet, mark, joey-c, ghey tablet, Chris, Tristan McGarrigle, tony walker, bev , Sean Passingham, danny, jon, jasonuk, James Moony, jojo, Brian, Dave, Simon Davis, Tezwoz, ian Macquire, Tom, Tony James, Nick, Ray Stevens, katie, jimbob, Philip, Bill Badger, Leopold Penfold, malcolm, dragonsun, R U Ferkinshaw, Albion Rob, Vibeman, Andrew Evers, Douglas Sturrock, Ramona le Carre, dan, kellie, Neil Jaynes, j wil, ian maxqulre, Kev, Luke, andy Kybett, Tristan, emma, Steve Bradford, Matt Gallagher, jase, Noodleman, generic, tracey, bong man, Jack Stan, David Beadle, Steven Ray, dani, Ro, Ade Cornell, eastbourne musical exchange, Jason Lyon, Mrs Warner, harryjackson, kali, vitrolesse, Ben Clear, SAMMY, Redvers Hesketh, GeoffC, Scary666, Stephen Cousins, Gillian, mopo, Sarah Ash, Schwa
Last updated: 2012-05-19
More stuff about Eastbourne
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- Eastbourne Knowhere Board