Cinemas in Eastbourne, East Sussex*
Places to go to see the latest releases
You can tell us more about Eastbourne.
- They should employ the staff as police officers because they check your bags and search you for undisclosed forbidden sweeties and drinks NOT PRCHASED FROM THEM at their establishment........very robust policing of cinema goers..the police could learn something here!!
- The Curzon is a lovely cinema and the people who run it are really nice. It,s a proper cinema with atmosphere and charm. Cineworld is very expensive especially the sweets and popcorn.
- There is an independent cinema in the town centre called the Curzon which is managing to hold on.
- cineworld on the crumbles
- They smell
- UGC (or whatever big chain it is now - it keeps changing) at the Crumbles but it smells wierd & it's really expensive. Curzon in the town centre is great though - a real old fashioned cinema with popcorn you can afford & reasonable prices. I think they've even still got the old organ in Screen 1! The down side is that they only have 3 screens so can't show that many films at once - it takes a while for films to get here & they only show the 'main' films. Worth it though - proper cinema atmosphere.
- The UGC cinema at the crumbles is good, but if you want cheap tickets go to the curzon! Its a little run down but thats what gives it its character.... well we think it rocks anyway!
- curzon in town sucks but is cheaper than the complex in the crumbles i bought a cinema ticket a large hotdog which came in a small hotdog bun :( and a large coke £15!!! you decide....
- The cinema is well desent!
- There are two- the UGC and the Curzon. Curzon's cheaper but also always full of people who (it seems) don't actually wanna watch the film.
- Roy Galloway. The bloke who runs the curzon in langley road. Nice bloke, and a decient cinema. Seats need replacing though
- ugc and curon r complete pants
- Check out what's on and where in the cinema guide on the new website for Eastbourne at www.eastbourne.co.uk/entertainment.htm
- The Curzon - charitably speaking it's a classic early C20th testament to
cinema design and culture. Three small screens, but good value and it does
have character. Normal narrow selction of films is broadened by the Eastbourne
Film Society. (I guess phone the Curzon for details.)
Virgin - out of town multiplex. Standard, but expensive and unoriginal. Makes
a good break.
- Eastbourne.co.uk will be launching soon with full details of what's on at the two local cinemas.
- The Curzon is a proper cinema, none of your megacomplex rubbish.
- i would rather not see a film with 20000 screaming children and their aged grandparents, but if that's your cup of tea and you like getting popcorn stuck in your hair...go! You can choose between four screens...it's an odeon...and there is also one at Asda. Great.
- The cinema is cool. We also have a Lazer Quest, which sucks ass
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: Zoe, Jen Francis, simon, poet, mark, joey-c, ghey tablet, Chris, Tristan McGarrigle, tony walker, bev , Sean Passingham, danny, jon, jasonuk, James Moony, jojo, Brian, Dave, Simon Davis, Tezwoz, ian Macquire, Tom, Tony James, Nick, Ray Stevens, katie, jimbob, Philip, Bill Badger, Leopold Penfold, malcolm, dragonsun, R U Ferkinshaw, Albion Rob, Vibeman, Andrew Evers, Douglas Sturrock, Ramona le Carre, dan, kellie, Neil Jaynes, j wil, ian maxqulre, Kev, Luke, andy Kybett, Tristan, emma, Steve Bradford, Matt Gallagher, jase, Noodleman, generic, tracey, bong man, Jack Stan, David Beadle, Steven Ray, dani, Ro, Ade Cornell, eastbourne musical exchange, Jason Lyon, Mrs Warner, harryjackson, kali, vitrolesse, Ben Clear, SAMMY, Redvers Hesketh, GeoffC, Scary666, Stephen Cousins, Gillian, mopo, Sarah Ash, Schwa
Last updated: 2010-04-09
More stuff about Eastbourne
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- Eastbourne Knowhere Board