Cafes and Coffee Shops in Eastbourne, East Sussex*
High tea and a sticky bun
You can tell us more about Eastbourne.
Cafes and Coffee Shops
- The more I continue with this the more I am realising that Eastbourne doesn't have much to offer younger people except a beautiful beach and a couple of parks. There are some great cafes but they are catering for the older trade or the employed.
If you don't mind mixing with oldies the Hydro Hotel has an interesting Art Deco atmosphere and Fuscardis sell fantastic ice cream.
- lots of great cafes and my personal favourite
- Really dry on these too. Most are catering exclusively for old people & they've not been re-decorated since the 1970s or something. Cafe Continental near the Library is OK, as is Via near the bus stops in Terminus Road - great milkshakes (& alcoholic milkshakes). The Oggy Oggy pasty shop in Terminus Road is good, but fairly dear - yummy pasties!
- This is really weird- the indoor part of Shades in the Arndale centre and that cafe place near The Body Shop are almost exactly identical. Can't say much for the food but it's worth checking both out just to see the identicalness (?) of them. Sad but true.
- Fusciardis on the sea front does the best ice cream ever! I recommend the honeycomb flavour. There's plenty of Granny Cafes on the seafront aswell- one of the most popular being the Wish Tower cafe/restaurant with sea views and comfy chairs for those aching backs.
How To Find Us
The NetPlay center is located at 117-119 Seaside Road, Eastbourne, East Sussex, BN21 3PH. (01323) 749974.
NetPlay Opening Hours
Monday 09:00am till 11:00pm
Tuesday 09:00am till 11:00pm
Wednesday 09:00am till 11:00pm
Thusday 09:00am till 11:00pm
Friday 09:00am till 11:00pm
Saturday 10:00am till 11:00pm
Sunday 10:00am till 11:00pm
Internet and specified RPG games on £1 per hour!
Half hour £1.25
1 Hour £2.50
3 hours £5.50
12 hours £20.00
What NetPlay Offers You!
What NetPlay Offers You! We are offering the latest and greatest multiplaying experience with some of the best in first person shooters, tactical and strategy games, sports simulation and combat flight simulation. We will be listening constantly to feedback from customers and will have an exciting and sustainable upgrade plan ready to respond to changes in gaming preference. Our rapidly expanding games catalogue currently includes the following great titles:
Our rapidly expanding games catalogue currently includes the following great titles:
Aliens V Predator 2
C&C Red Alert 2
Colin Mcrae 2
Cossacks European War
Medal of Honour
Return to Castle Wolfenstein
Starfleet Comand II
NetPlay Standard PC Specifications
We want to enjoy the best gaming experience currently possible. So, all our PCs come with the following high spec features:
1.4 / 1.7GHz Athlon Processors with 256MB Fast DDR Memory
GeForce II Titanium Graphic System with 64MB of Fast DDR memory On-Board
High Resolution 17" Monitor
Optical Mice (for fast & precise gaming)
40GB 7200rpm ATA 100 High Speed Hard Drives
Plus, all the machines are connected to our fast 100 megabit local network, with 2MB ADSL link to the rest of the world!
The site benefits from a large lounge area which is also our smoking area, and another lounge which is dedicated to Clans registered at Netplay, where they have free access to a PC with Half Life TV which allows them to review played matches. We have 8 leather sofa's and a number of tables/chairs to accommodate a large number of relaxing players or merely spectators.
A wide range of hot and cold drinks and snacks are available, including Polar Crush slush drinks, milk shakes, a range of filtered coffee and leaf tea, bottled pop and water, cans, a range of chocolates and crisps, a selection of ice lollies, hot and cold pies/pasties/pizza's/microwave chips. All drinks and snacks can be consumed at the machines.
There's a dedicated CS game server that will allow onsite players extremely fast and furious gaming action, and as partner members of the VGA we also have full access to the professionally managed VGA dedicated servers, and with over 50 other gaming centres onboard there'll always be others to pit yourself against!
We will be selling software and PC hardware including full systems, and have a number of machines to choose from. We also allow you to increase or decrease the specification of any part of a PC system to tailor it to your own exact demands. We aim to be licensed credit brokers in the near future and will be able to offer a range of terms and conditions.
- sunflower cafe
- Fiesta Bistro is very nice. Run by Ben and Mary, who are excellent hosts at any time of the day. Food is excellent value, and you get alot of it. In the evening, it turns into a French-style Bistro. A' La Carte is served at very reasonable prices, and they don't chuck you out until you're ready (within reason).
- We need a STARBUCKS....Help!!!!
- Where do you think this is? Amsterdam?
- Nothing special. A Starbucks would shake things up a bit.
Hobie's went bankrupt this summer (1999).
- Full list of all the major restaurants at www.eastbourne.co.uk
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: Zoe, Jen Francis, simon, poet, mark, joey-c, ghey tablet, Chris, Tristan McGarrigle, tony walker, bev , Sean Passingham, danny, jon, jasonuk, James Moony, jojo, Brian, Dave, Simon Davis, Tezwoz, ian Macquire, Tom, Tony James, Nick, Ray Stevens, katie, jimbob, Philip, Bill Badger, Leopold Penfold, malcolm, dragonsun, R U Ferkinshaw, Albion Rob, Vibeman, Andrew Evers, Douglas Sturrock, Ramona le Carre, dan, kellie, Neil Jaynes, j wil, ian maxqulre, Kev, Luke, andy Kybett, Tristan, emma, Steve Bradford, Matt Gallagher, jase, Noodleman, generic, tracey, bong man, Jack Stan, David Beadle, Steven Ray, dani, Ro, Ade Cornell, eastbourne musical exchange, Jason Lyon, Mrs Warner, harryjackson, kali, vitrolesse, Ben Clear, SAMMY, Redvers Hesketh, GeoffC, Scary666, Stephen Cousins, Gillian, mopo, Sarah Ash, Schwa
Last updated: 2008-06-03
More stuff about Eastbourne
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- Eastbourne Knowhere Board