Inside Information and Stuff Only Locals Know
You can tell us more about Edinburgh.
- Arthurs seat
- Hunters Square below the Tron Kirk during the winter, and the Cockburn stree end of Princes Street Gardens during the summer. Always alive with dozens or hundreds of Edinburgh teenagers visiting the Hunters/Cockburn/Gardens area every day. Emos, goths, stoners, skaters, neds (sound ones), anyone who's anyone comes up here from time to time. You can meet everyone you could ever want in your life in one day, and a completely different bunch the next. :D
- We used to meet up in the Car park behind WHSmith in the evenings. Great for skating too.
- The Bus-Station was always best 'til they took away the street lighting. Now it's quite dodgey what with all the Chavs hanging around shouting and screaming in speed-pyke at each other.
- Fleshmarket Close. Me and my friends all hook up there to have fun.
- Anywhere in Leith. I once shagged Jim Sillers the former SNP MP for Govan there. His fat fingers are cute and his belly is squishy!
- The toilets (loos if you're posh)near Edinburgh Uni. Plenty more young exotic talent for you black cock lovers and cub lubbers hand around the pubs nearby!
Gaymonkey good place if you've got a bit of class stuck in your arse.
- I enjoy meeting folks just about anywhere in Edinburgh that doesn't host those skateboard chumps. Royal mile (cobbled sections only) is a good start...
- Calton Hill
- just wanting cat parnell to get in touch wit me asap or if someone can get her 2. ma email addy is GaryMckie@msn.com
- BRISTO SQ. i am very dissapointed 2 not see many mentoins 4 this skate heaven. by far the helfiest place 2 hang out in edinburgh. beutiful ledges and stairs. amazin skaters young and old. plently green... yum. the atmosphere is amazinq, brillaint scene. we are the real edinburgh homeboys. plenty luvely ladies walkin thro..... PIE OOT!! chavs and satanists aint 2 welcome unless ur soond as. ne1 sayin anywere else is basicaly a dafty dont listin 2 them... Bristo square no1!! dont cum if ur a arse
- We go up cockburn or hang on the roof or at the steps on in hunter sq there is always nice guys who are single
- Princes Street Gardens is just absolutely beuatiful even in winter. but in the summer its even better, the ross banstand where they do gd sruff whlie the festivlas on and u can get urslef an ur arse on the big screen.
- i usually hang around cockburn street with my mates during the day and when its warm(summer) we sit in the gardens. At nite we go to calton hill or greyfriars kirk. During the week i usually hang around the skate park which is in Haddington9the slum where i live)
- potterow square, in front of the student union- where 15 year olds go to skive off school, skateboard, wear slipknot tshirts, take drugs, annoy the students and the general public
- Outside Frazer's at the West End of Princes Street. Watch all the poor sods that have been stood up, looking at their watches on Friday, Saturday and Sunday evenings.
- Outside McDonalds lurk many 'schemies' [tracksuit wearing single mothers, etc], waiting to 'hook up' (whatever the fuck that means) so if you fancy fast food on a saturday night, throw a dirty needle into a corner to distract them, then leg it in as fast as you can.
- fountainpark in megabowl there is bar10 the video games bowling wimpy
- victoria park in trinity(also steadfastgate where we have a 30ft grind board about a ft high)is a great place to skate and should be blessed with a ramp in the near future
- -Bristo Sq. mmmmm skater guys what more could a girl want!!
- Figgate Park if your from that area of town, or down the beach.
- Underneath the statue of Wellington in front of General Register House. Either that or at the Art Gallery on the mound.
- The solitary bench just under the Castle at the top of the hill is my favourite place to sit and contemplate the universe, you get an excellent view of Princes Street and beyond. Lovely.
- I rememeber when I was at school we would always meet up at the Greyfriars Bobby(The Hound to us) on a saturday night before trying to sneak into a pub (not particularly challenging in Edinburgh unless you tried to enter the hallowed ground that is Oddies, The Tunnel ,Bar Oz what ever the hell it is called now, which was just stupid cause I never saw anyone in there who wasn't underage)
- If its sunny, the meadows are cool. Princess Street Gardens as well. But generally, everyone only meets in pubs and coffee shops.
- Try the Cowgate, its seeping with talent for all manner of wanting students. Always take the sneaky way in to start!
- Any day of the week, you'll find the sexiest guys just hanging out in the Grassmarket. Also sometimes in the cafes on the Mound, but sometimes they're a bit too kinda musical/cultural.
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: Elliee, Ian Cheetham, Tini, random mosher gal, Charlie Small, Harvey Nicholl, Geoff, r.young, Ursula Connelly, Kiri Tan, Joe, Claire, Mad Mary Achiempong, hazel larsson, Douglas, cat parnell, melissa barclay, Johnnyboy, brian, AJ, Leighlou, kurt, Donald, Johnny, cazza, Joe Naiff, Helli, big nova twat, Martin Kelly, sarah, andrew senter, Mel, rachel, The Beer and Curry Monster, BEN, Ruaraidh Wishart, Trish, Aiden Derry, Lorz, sean mcneill, beatith the bastardiths, The Cosmic Crofter, Ailbhe, Jonathan, simon friend, the bad dog, STEVE, freewheelin cycles, gemma, Gary, Lachie Maxtone-Graham, charlies barker, Andrew Horne, kat, TIM, A Hamilton, Sime, Daniel Davis, tom, Jonny, Mark Neal, 0, Angela, Alistair Hackett, Gabriel Radford, maggie quilietti, PrinceeOrchid, jenny green, Alison, Susanne McConnell, Andrew Campbell-Edie, SJP, Dave Sowerby, Lyssa, Suzanne Boobis, Andy, paul, Big dougs, Zoe, Laura Hird, scott walker, Scott Watson, Liz Windsor, mark, Niall, Edinburgh's Worst Drivers, Ken Weller, lb, rosie, Sibs, ken, kevin, jimmybob, Mags, Alex Brown, James, hailey gibbons, Neil Nicolson, kipstar, Jamie Buchan, bascule, cazman, Craig Bryceland, lawless, Kristen Moore, Kenny Gray, Daisy Demore, Blue boy, Jonas Chau, Liz, Jason Bourne, Graham, Javier Saviola, Stuart Forsyth, Neil Morrison, jones, Norrie, Fiona Merrick, Mike C, brett, Jennyfur, Graeme Stewart, Craig Wood, Niamh Simms, Leona Kinloch, fiona raggatt, mib, Ryan, generic, Merk, Tommy Robertson, Gemma Smith, Angel_Of_Death, Fraser Riddell, nat stewart, S Murphy, Joanna, Lozz, Lee, Michael Lavoy, Paddy Marr, Hannah, pauline mcmillan, lisa, callum johnston, zak, The Doctor, Ian Wilson, Stuart, Sarah Broz, callum
Last updated: 2008-08-23
More stuff about Edinburgh
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- Edinburgh Knowhere Board