The Worst Things in Edmonton, Greater London*
The entirely missable and worth mentioning because of it
You can tell us more about Edmonton.
The Worst Things
- The place should be renamed 'DEADmonton' for its gang culture, stabbings, shootings.
- Edmonton is run by Useless Labour Councillors, who represent Labour's Enfield Council. Edmonton is also represented by Labour MP Andy Love (since 1997). The Labour Party and councils have ruined so many areas e.g. Slough, Stevenage, Luton, Birmingham, Glasgow, London Boroughs of Brent, Newham, Tower Hamlets, Southwark, Ealing, Peckham, Hackney, Lewisham etc.
- Edmonton murder victim identified by police (BBC, 16 December 2014): 'A man whose murder led to the arrest of five boys aged between 13 and 14 has been formally identified as Christopher John Barry.
The 53-year-old, who was known as Jack, lived in The Broadway in Edmonton, north London, where he was killed at about 19:50 GMT on Sunday, said police.
Officers suspect there was a "verbal altercation" between the him and a group who wanted access to his block.
A post-mortem examination gave cause of death as a stab wound to the chest.
A 13-year-old boy arrested on suspicion of murder on Monday remains in custody at an east London police station.
Another 13-year-old and three 14-year-olds arrested on suspicion of murder have been bailed to return in late January, said police.
- Avoid Edmondton because: "The 15 year old, who cannot be named for legal reasons, was ordered to serve a minimum of 10½ years for the murder of Steven Grisales, 21, in Edmonton, north London."
"The Old Bailey was told that the teenager was a member of a gang known as the Northumberland Park Killers and had convictions for violent street robberies since the age of 12."
"A month before the killing he was electronically tagged, made subject to a curfew and given a youth rehabilitation order but had removed the tag and broken his curfew over the three days before confronting Mr Grisales." (The Telegraph, 14 Jun 2012).
- (2) Opemipo Jaji jailed for raping girl, 11, in Enfield park (BBC, 7 June 2013): "A man has been jailed for life, and ordered to serve a minimum of eight years, for raping an 11-year-old girl."
- Avoid Edmondton because:
(1) "The man dubbed 'Fat Nick' suspected of beheading an 82-year-old grandmother in her back garden in north London has appeared in court charged with her murder."
Unemployed Nicholas Salvador, 25, who is believed to have been staying with a friend near victim Palmira Silva's home in Edmonton, appeared at Highbury Corner Magistrates' Court today. He is also charged with assault on a police officer." (Evening Standard, 06 September 2014).
- The cheap, cheap, cheap shops. High unemployment.
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: Londoner, Roy, samson rajah, toots, Paul Jarvis, Chris Hayes, NJ Mott, generic, LJS, Corey, sarah, ian bostle
Last updated: 2015-02-05
More stuff about Edmonton
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- Edmonton Knowhere Board