Cringing Cult of Celebrity in Egham, Surrey*
Famous residents and ex-residents.
You can tell us more about Egham.
Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Diana Dors used the chip shop once
- Sting lives just down the raod...
Chesney Hawks lives in Egham (or he used to anywayz)..
- Last of the Summer Wine would be too exciting for Egham
- Celebs in Egham?!! Think they prefer more up-market areas.
- As a true Egham-ite it really hacks me off to read the slagging that my home town gets from "here today - gone tomorrow" residents. We don't walk around with shotguns under our arms so if you don't like our town then please feel free to go, and leave our boring, beautiful and peaceful town to those of us that appreciate a place where people get on well together, and where you can go for a beer or two of an evening without having to wear boxing gloves. Another point that most of us who were born and brought up in Egham know is that the Magna Carta was never signed at all. King John applied the Royal Seal to the melted wax on the bottom of the charter as he was totally illiterate which, judging by the spelling of some of our detractors, leads me to believe that some of King John's descendants must have moved into Egham for a short while and made their views known on the Knowhere Guide!
- Sir Peter O Toole was once quoted as saying "Egham for me is like a comb crossed with a sponge". No one is quite sure what this meant and thus O Toole is held in contempt by 50% of the population while adored by the other 50.
- Jason Searle - aka Neil Diamonde. With the 'e'. (See 'Stars in their Eyes')
- General Pinochet (just down the road a bit towards Sunningdale)
Fergie (same place)
oh NO Elton John (Woodside, between Englefield Green and Old Windsor)
- Girl band Bewitched used to live in Egham...before they realised how s**t it was...also bumped into THE Brian May in 7-11 once.
- Hey, the Magna Carta was signed here in 1215! Hence the towns current label of 'Historic Egham'. The Big Breakfast came here to try and break the world egg throwing record in January 2000 as well.
- Um....John Wesley gave a sermion here a coupla centuries ago.
Faith Brown (dont ask) opened the pedestrianised bit in '94.
I saw Russ Abbott coming out of 7-11 a couple of years ago.
Chesney Hawkes was seen in there too....
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: Jane, kerbliner, LVJ, Jon Beamson, idiot, Bobby George, s8nsch1ld, Brunel University student, wendell, J Philipson, Duke of Nothing, Hargreaves McFunbags, Peter, john, Susan McDougall, Straightedge Dave, generic, joe, J Harris, alex, Danny, DONNA, Kirsty Henning, Amanda, Caroline Moor, Michael Collins, Elisa, kaidi, Jon Orchard, Nicole, spam, Dave McCarKeys, jo, Emily, Sparky, James Cheese, Jane Ward, doug, paul
Last updated: 2008-10-14
More stuff about Egham
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- Egham Knowhere Board