If you're around, be sure to check these things out
You can tell us more about Erith.
The Best Things
- very few hysterical left wing fascist hipsters.
oyster cards work here,no need to tap out,this is the end.
tap water is not oily
free parking next to the river
crappy overpriced shops soon go out of business.
well placed in relation to industrial and construction supplies.
- are that you have Morrisons Matalan peacocks Wilkinsons and argos all being opened in the last few years. Erith is up and coming and it is local for so many people. It also has a very good travel service you can get to many places if you want to go somewhere else for the evening. it is also local to Northumberland heath, Bexleyheath and Bevedere. There are also routes to other places. The Education you get is worth while I know as I went to Erith school and now me and all of my friends are either in further education at university or full time jobs. The area is fairly quiet and friendly!
- Laner Road
- Erith has a new shopping centre and they are doing their best to make it a nice place. Nothing wrong with Erith at all it is the people who make it bad and they are in the minority just like everywhere else on the planet.
- Cheap property (that's why I moved here). Friendly down-to-earth people. Some of the views of the Thames or Essex or of the Dartford Crossing. Morrisons. Reliable public transport. The pier. The new sports centre. Quiet at night.
- The road out!
- The school. I attended Erith School and despite its bad reputation it really is a good school. The pupils are generally very friendly and fun to be around, the teachers are strict on discipline and the uniform is very smart with very strict rules about how it should look. The level of education is getting higher and higher all the time.
- I grew up in Erith, went to school at Picardy School -has changed it's name now but it's the one by Franks park, in Halt Robin Lane/Erith Road. I left 21 years ago now, aged 20, to get married, live near Dover. (still married by the way). All my family still live in the area. I still come up from time to time and it breaks my heart to see how it has changed, not all for the good. I went to primary school at West ST which has been knocked down and the church yard across the street, very sad the school was a happy one. However this sounds to you I beg you to look after the woods, defend them from development, the woods I mean Frank's Park I spent a lot of my years in those woods full of squirrels and jays and so many other species, I noticed the last time that the blue bells are starting to grow there, woods and wild places are special and need to be valued. It is on your doorstep, cherish them and appreciate them, they are yours. I keep an eye on what is going on up there as my husband is now a town councillor where we live, the powers that be wish to develop the Thames corridor which stretches from London through the Medway towns down to Dover, fight for what is yours (big car parks, NO!). I have fought many things now (they tried to build and incinerator here like they wanted to at belvedere, we won because we stuck together and fought, write letters and don't be aggresive or they take no notice of you). As bad as you think Erith is it could be a lot worse and can be better.
- University Way - new dual carrigeway leading directly to Bluewater Shopping Centre.
- The road out. Get on it, and keep on going...
- Our new pier and the fact that we are the beginning (I think) of the national cycle network. Route 1
- The road out!
- Mostly English still a rear thing in these parts Jobs a plenty i once had a new job every 2 weeks for about a year its that easy to find work.
- The lovely veiw of the river
- Pictures of Erith before 1978 show examples of how it used to look.
- That you can get buses to Bexleyheath, Bluewater, etc. etc. and get the hell out of the place as quick as u like...
- Houses have been cheap, although prices have been going up since Morrison's opened.
- the posh bit between town centre and north heath with lesney park and all that - i have tyo say its lovely during the summer and avenue road as well.
- Not that much really!!! S'pose walking along the river front is quite nice, as long as you hold your breath so that you cant smell the river!!!
- urm, are there any???? well my family all came from there (on my mothers side), apart from that none!
- Close to central London. I can see the Thames from my house, although I can also see the Landfill site on the other side (Essex) and that sinister industrial building with no windows except at the very top and the blue floodlights. What goes on in there?
People are nice, not that many nasty kids even though I live close to the school.
Good train service....well, as good as Connex gets! Plus, you always get a seat.
Cheap house prices/rent.
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: The ReV, julia, gemma woracker, Caught But lukily escaped, craig, Brow, Graham Gainsford, dickhead, Fallon Ewing, Cathy, john, lordkev, Allie, generic, peter don, Dominic, Brian, tony, Jane Smith, Pinks, Caroline Stone, Hugh, Joanna, shell, I SPEAK THE TRUTH, allan dade, nigel, chris long, Neil, Stuart Roberts, anne lecomber, ESOL Bexley, beer detective, Kirsty McHattie, billie, Elleanor Scott, ae, chris, Stuart, george
Last updated: 2016-12-06
More stuff about Erith
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- Erith Knowhere Board