Favourite Building in Erith, Greater London*
Art deco, contemporary, futuristic, tall, short...
You can tell us more about Erith.
- The ship, west street- A pilgrimage for the working class, free of thiefs and pollution.
- Morrison's the supermarket. Why? because they sell all my favourite things.
- Just to vary this a bit - St John The Baptist church, West Street.
- The church and the town hall.
- The Erith Playhouse, inside it is very historical and feels very traditional, I love to see the pantomimes and shows.
- Erith Library, sadly.
- erith library and museum !
- Well who can argue that this title is now morrisons. No McDonalds you dont even get a look in!
- The only nice building in Erith is Christ Church. The rest of the place would benefit from a visit by several bulldozers.
- A 15 storie tower block called Hamlet House. it is on an estate with 6 others that look the same if you go by this estate dont be put off by the size of it the local housing assotiation is spending 1.2 million pounds on every one to improve the look and quality of the area but the people are very salt of the earth type people that will stop and help if they can.
- bingo hall reminds me of how things used to be, you have to squint your eyes to see it though
- Er, everything was cleared between 1968 and 1978
- Yea the Library is cool and it hasn't been sold yet, to my knowledge.
Can't do much in the Town Hall since Bexley Council handed it over to
one of it's dodgy (in partnership) contractors.
- no can't think of one
- In ERITH? Sorry it's a 60's nightmare.
- Probably Christ Church in Victoria Road!
- probably the chruch in Victoria street, alot of family history!
- Christ Church, Erith
Erith Town Hall
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: The ReV, julia, gemma woracker, Caught But lukily escaped, craig, Brow, Graham Gainsford, dickhead, Fallon Ewing, Cathy, john, lordkev, Allie, generic, peter don, Dominic, Brian, tony, Jane Smith, Pinks, Caroline Stone, Hugh, Joanna, shell, I SPEAK THE TRUTH, allan dade, nigel, chris long, Neil, Stuart Roberts, anne lecomber, ESOL Bexley, beer detective, Kirsty McHattie, billie, Elleanor Scott, ae, chris, Stuart, george
Last updated: 2008-04-23
More stuff about Erith
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- Erith Knowhere Board