The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else in Erith, Greater London*
The things which can't be categorised
You can tell us more about Erith.
The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Unlike the previous reviews Erith doesn't deserve the impression you would get from the above. I've lived there for over 18 years and I've never experienced any of the kind of things insinuated by the previous. I am NOT uneducated, actually i'm studying for a law degree, I grew up here and many of my friends are now at uni, we didn't go to the grammar schools either, which are also very capable of providing an education which is obviously a lot better than some of the people before who are clearly bitter about their situation in life and education they recieved. I would be more offended if they could actually spell. DONT take this out on Erith.
- for the past 15 years erith high street and gardens have been closed for 1 day for an event called the erith riverside festival all sort of things take place for the entertainment of the public all the money raised at this event goes to the local charities.
And will also be held for many years to come.
- When I moved out of Erith I felt guilty selling my house to the pleasant young couple who bought it, as I knew what they were letting themselves in for! Erith is a truly horrible place and has been betrayed by the local council for decades.
- Erith is the pits. If you don't have to go there, don't. There is nothing remotely attractive about it.
- Youths in erith need a focus. something to do. other than terrorising people, old people, asian people, eastern european people. There are lots of them and crime is the only pastime at the moment.
- If you live in Erith, te only advice I can give you is - MOVE. I lived thee for 14 years, and getting out was the best thing I ever did. It's the sort of place that drags you further and further down into the cesspit.
- In this area you can do well all the things you need to succed are in easy reach
. The only thing you need to bring is the ablity to not give up and work hard the rest handles itself with no real effort.
- Bought a fitted carpet from Cash Carpet Sales. Bloke who came to fit it cocked it up. Had to go round with a flattener and some carpet tape... arsehole. Nice carpet though...
- More about Erith, well ....um....er...there was ........no that was somwhere
else. Nope that just about does i,except to say that Bexley Council is
probably the most crooked Local Authority in the country. A bunch of lying
thieving toe rags, especaily the local politicans. Let's just say they make a
lot of clerical errors. Around 12 million pounds of Goverment Re-development
money goes missing from Erith. Clerical Error.
- Did you know Erith started out as a holiday restort??
It was also one of the countries main deep water wharfs.
The libary was a present from The Rockafeller Institute in America (DON'T ask me why!)
The derelt 30's cinema is a listed building (not sure why)but it is one one of three ????? in the counrty.
- When building Bronze Age Way (new road leading from Erith TC to Woolwich) archeologists found loads of stuff dating back to the bronze age (hence the name) and found that Erith was settled thousands and thousands (or however long ago the Bronze Age was) of years ago. Think about that next time you go to Morrisons.
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: The ReV, julia, gemma woracker, Caught But lukily escaped, craig, Brow, Graham Gainsford, dickhead, Fallon Ewing, Cathy, john, lordkev, Allie, generic, peter don, Dominic, Brian, tony, Jane Smith, Pinks, Caroline Stone, Hugh, Joanna, shell, I SPEAK THE TRUTH, allan dade, nigel, chris long, Neil, Stuart Roberts, anne lecomber, ESOL Bexley, beer detective, Kirsty McHattie, billie, Elleanor Scott, ae, chris, Stuart, george
Last updated: 2010-01-31
More stuff about Erith
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- Erith Knowhere Board