Cringing Cult of Celebrity in Farnham, Surrey*
Famous residents and ex-residents.
You can tell us more about Farnham.
Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- - Russell Brand's dad plays spoken word gigs in pubs, i bet he lives nearby. Russell Brand's dad.
- The actor Jim Sturgess is from Farnham honest
- Heavy rock band Reuben, and poncy emo types Furthest Drive Home are from here
- The Vapors (Turning Japanese) used to hang out in Farnham and play in the maltings and the coach. Origanal guitarist Rob Kemp is from Farnham.
- I've seen Johnny Depp around. Shops in Sainsbury's, or so it's said. Think he has a house down the road in Bently
- MAD ERIC!!!!!
I SAW HIM IN MENS TOILETS IN ELPHICKS ONCE I RAN OUT AS QUIK AS I COULD...
- Me- guitar player and songwriter,with Barracuda,Mirage,Marble Orchard and Mick Dorey and Sirens.Writer of film score for 'the Debt'winner of Silver Bear at Berlin filmfest in the 80's.
Pete Hobson,and Phil Lockhart,2 great Farnhamian drummers.
- Probably laods cus most people are minted.
- JHK - john henry knight made a brick building machine (wall from it can be seen as posh Barfield School in Runfold) and had to stop cos it couldnt turn corners. William Cobbett, got his pub and a school named after him - Johnny Wilkinson played rugby round here and my uncle fixes his dads car - robbie williams everyone claims to have seen and apparently once took the microfone at borellis one night - the gallagher brothers have been here - alan titchmarsh occasionally goes in cafe rouge - graham thorpe (England cricket) was my mums boyfriend at school and The Cure (if you know your music) lived in Bentley at one point
well not that i no of
- The original two Ronnies, Size and Corbett, shared a house on Coopers Terrace in the early 80s.
- I have seen phil starr in the plough a few times
- Robbie williams has a house here and johnny wilkinson was born and played rugby here till he was eighteen.
- noseslide enthusiast mr. paterson used to live here. Seven curbs at the station baby!
- there's a guy seen in town a lot, beard, glasses and black hat, said to be some kind of rock music author and authority on the beach boys, not something i'd want to be famous for but there you go.
- The eminent 20th century Logicist Eric Erikkson was the recipient of the Nobel Prize for Mathematics in 1947. He can usually be seen wandering aimlessly in and around the town centre - His senile babble has in recent years landed him the nickname 'Mad Eric'
- Footie legend Ronaldo attended local Catholic school 'St.Polycarps' (Class of '88)
- Jon Harflett Singer/Songwriter and co- founder of the semi- ledgendary Folk Rock Band "Dawnwind" was brought up in Farnham.
- Check out the Wall Of Fame on the Sainsbury's in South Street.
- William Beldham (1766-1861), a.k.a. Silver Billy, the W.G. Grace/Ian Botham of his day, that day being the second half of the 18th century. Scored a bucketful of runs, took a hatful of wickets for Hambledon (or anyone who would pay him) and eventually retied at 56 to Tilford as landlord of The Barley Mow. Died drunk in a ditch at the age of 95 or so. The sign of The Cricketers in Wrecclesham is copied from a photograph of him. Strange how one of Farnham's most famous sons gave his name to about the most deadend road in Farnham - if you're living in Beldham Road, your at the bottom of the shitheap, pal.
- non as yet thank god but Robbie Williams has been seen around
- Phil Collins (unsubstantiated), Trevor McDonald. Plenty of others probably as the villages to the south of town are very exclusive/ millionare belt.
- In the surrounding areas we have hhmm Chris Evens, The guy who does Goldfish Cards, Well Jacobs studio has always got Rock stars there, They had Napalm death the other week. ggggrrrrrrrrrrr
- Mad Eric a ledgend and Mum
- Mark Stedman - front man of Puskas lives in farnham apparently.
- Just the tramps... They are some what famous within Farnham...
- William Henry Pratt played cricket many times at the ground just by the castle in the late fifties. Never heard of him ? Bet you know the name Boris Karloff, though. Until he moved to Glastonbury, Guy Bellamy, excellent comic author who based most of his books on the town and surrounding area.
- Snowy White (Pink Floyd, Thin Lizzy etc...) certainly used to live in Farnham.
- William Cobbett, famous 17th-18th century political writer, journalist, farmer, soldier and politician. Born in the pub that bears his name. In one of his works he critised the introduction of tea for bringing people off beer.
- Robbie Williams supposedly owns one of the pubs in Farnham and visits regularly, but hes a twat anyway.
- Ya, Mungo Jerry (the singer of the no. 1 hit 70's song- 'In The Summertime')
lived in Farnham up until 1994, and still visits on occasions
- Liz Hurley drank in the Cobbett
Antiseptic, her drunk boyfriend of the time
- Matt Bray lives in Farnham.
- Liza Goddard, John Noakes, the bloke from LA Law - he had a dippy secretary.
- World Class (I'm biased) sporting legends Graham Thorpe (cricket) and Johnny Wilkinson (rugby) are Farnham men, as was Mike Hawthorn, Britains 1st F1 world champion.
Erm, Robbie Williams is always hanging about the place too.
Michael Ball went to the college, Liza Goddard went to school opposite my house.
- King Charles I (for one night), Montgomery (down the road at Bentley, actually), Genesis rehearsed in the Maltings in 1969.
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: Callum Graham, Freddie Royston, Matt Steward, Beccy, joanna wheatley, Gordon Crawford, Webster, gavin, Jo Smith, james Skeet, Grant, Gideon, Stuart Knight, AGD, Drew Peacock, Jacqueline Gotfredsen, James, claire kinge, Jayne Hammond-Smith, One Dread, deborah lovelock, francis and aaron, Jenny, Gail, Rob Kemp, Dream Theater fan, Laura, katherine, Elaine Samuels, Dave W, Pete, magdalena kosinska, Dan T, MIKE BALCIKONIS, David, Amy, david eppel, Lizz, Liam Davies/Wilkins, Amanda Darter, Grayham Cane, jowillalwaysbe21, Matt Anderson, Jiggs, jamie evans, louisa, rebekah, mattyboy, charlene, TB, generic, Louise Cranstone, ed, Rex V R, sarena, Jo, Abigail Edelton, glen, BILL, andy, C Kinge, Craig David, Queen Vixx, Nadine, Taylor, Seb Jones, Andrew G. Doe, Tim, andy smoke, Stu pink, Lee Furlonger, paul
Last updated: 2014-08-02
More stuff about Farnham
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- Farnham Knowhere Board