Inside Information and Stuff Only Locals Know
You can tell us more about Finchley.
- The massive tesco
- no where cos its shit
- Tally Ho Corner.
- The crappy quarter pipe in Friary park is occasionally host finchley's few goths and grungeys, after the skaters are summoned home for tea. Sadly outnumbered by hoards of trendies however, who hang around in that flowery bit by the bowling green.
Beware weekend nights: once the orange tree (aka the Creche) reaches kicking out time, Friary park turns into an unfortunate haven of drunken teenagers.
Thankfully, people are unaware of how devoid of life friary park is at night- because of the homeless shelter on Woodhouse road, I've never even seen a homeless person there at night- let alone someone who may actually be of any harm. If it wasn't for the early morning dog-walkers, I'd sleep out there a heck of a lot more often.
The foxes make scary-ass noises though!!!
- Go North,North the air is fresher there
- The graveyard of St Mary's Church, Church End, is not just a squirrel's paradise. Youngsters like sneaking off there for a quick fag or swig of booze.
- Finchley Central Tube Station, nestling on the gently tarcoated hillsides of a railway embankment, is just the place to hang out if you want to spend an evening watching trains, waiting for friends or just want to while away your hours being stood up.
- On the park benches outside Tesco's, a favorite spot for tramps, vagrants and underage drinkers
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: sophie, Karin Dale, Caroline Massey, Kernow Pete, Ken W, guy, Chris, Erik Bramall, Stephen Yeo, Daniel, Rupert M. Kosmala, Rose Major, Joanne Finn, Simon Waters, Mr.Cambell, Jive Guru, Stomp!, Ally, McBain, Steph, Sarah Tash, Oz Oscroft, maxinef, lord isalord, G.Paterson, Rasik Shah, Mr.Hoplton, Pete Grant, steve, Ian Edgar, rufus, Eva Sicka, firstname.lastname@example.org, Richard, Steve Murray, Id, robertmckenzie, Adam Turner, Hugh Morrison, JOHN SMITH, Harry, mic, Sarah T, julie, Dom, vickib, MikeX42@aol.com, Adrian Short, Torrance Payne, Paul Evans, Pippin, cecilia, Peter Kelsey, tasha, Paul Musker, Mark Warner, Connie L. Childress, generic, Cameron, denis, Steve Gardner, janet ford, tina, keith, Bert, Hayley, Caroline, Oli, John, Sinclair, eve, Nigel Vandyk
Last updated: 2008-10-14
More stuff about Finchley
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- Finchley Knowhere Board