The Worst Things in Finchley, Greater London*
The entirely missable and worth mentioning because of it
You can tell us more about Finchley.
The Worst Things
- quiet sleepy town , no atmosphere at all
- Alkies and druggies hanging around outside Tesco's
- The changing facilities at the new lido.
- The Granville Road Alarm clock - a poor alsatian dog let out every morning by it's thick owners and left to bark(very loudly)from eight in the morning. This can last, weather dependent, the whole bloody day. Despite complaints, the "Alarm" continues...
- Bankers draft, looks full of old men and rough townies
- Tosser landlords (Bill from The Grove you know who you are), and your plastic paddy family - born and bred North London, but try to claim you're anything but. Talk about having pride in your roots, not! And your missus's family who think they're a cross between the Krays and Grant Mitchell - "Oi, do you know what it feels like to kill a man? I've killed a man with my bare 'ands!!". You're kid-on plastic Cockney gangsters which is sad, coz I've got a lot of respect for your Joe Bloggs born-and-bred Londoner - you people are some of the soundest I have ever met, but the city's being spoiled by pretentious people like you (Bill), and all those other pretentious public-school yuppies, YA!!
- no real nightlife to speak of.
the victoria park carnival - loads of kids pissed on cider wandering around.
lots of schools in the area
- Corporate base of McDonald's pan-galactic federation (UK division)
- Strawberry Vale...worst council estate hereabouts! Skin'ed nu''ers runnin about the street at god knows when "taggin" up the walls with their lil gang signs and generally causing violence and mayhem wherever they (drunkenly) arrive.
- Some rotten bastards are sure to come along and graffiti
the place up one day.
- Heavy traffic cutting the town in two.
The bloke who does the secondhand record stall in the back room of the Torrington on saturdays - and he sells a crate of second-hand (second-hand!!!!) porno mags lovingly preserved in little plastic sleeves. The label on the crate says "Jazz Mags" --- Eeeewwwww!
- Too many unnecessary yellow lines and nasty traffic wardens.
- No christmas lights in North Finchley or Finchley central.
- The lack of more live music clubs, indeed any kind of club, or decent boozer! The lack of a suitable site for our local league football team, Barnet F.C
- No nightlife at all worth talking about
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: sophie, Karin Dale, Caroline Massey, Kernow Pete, Ken W, guy, Chris, Erik Bramall, Stephen Yeo, Daniel, Rupert M. Kosmala, Rose Major, Joanne Finn, Simon Waters, Mr.Cambell, Jive Guru, Stomp!, Ally, McBain, Steph, Sarah Tash, Oz Oscroft, maxinef, lord isalord, G.Paterson, Rasik Shah, Mr.Hoplton, Pete Grant, steve, Ian Edgar, rufus, Eva Sicka, firstname.lastname@example.org, Richard, Steve Murray, Id, robertmckenzie, Adam Turner, Hugh Morrison, JOHN SMITH, Harry, mic, Sarah T, julie, Dom, vickib, MikeX42@aol.com, Adrian Short, Torrance Payne, Paul Evans, Pippin, cecilia, Peter Kelsey, tasha, Paul Musker, Mark Warner, Connie L. Childress, generic, Cameron, denis, Steve Gardner, janet ford, tina, keith, Bert, Hayley, Caroline, Oli, John, Sinclair, eve, Nigel Vandyk
Last updated: 2008-10-14
More stuff about Finchley
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- Finchley Knowhere Board