Cringing Cult of Celebrity in Finsbury Park, Greater London*
Famous residents and ex-residents.
You can tell us more about Finsbury Park.
Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- i've just read that Bob Guccione the founder of 'Penthouse'had the idea while running a dry cleaners in finsbury park called 'Knobs'!!
- Scummers at Highbury.
- Spiderman Star Toby Maguire has a house around the area - but is living under the alias of 'Tim Steele' and pretends to work as a vault monkey!!
- Tim wheeler of Ash recently spotted in the Old Dairy, as was the gay nurse off casualty and Phil Jupitus. Tamzin Outhwaite spotted regularly in nearby Crouch End. Neil Morrisey lives just off Crouch Hill.
- John Sim - spotted with blonde bird from Teachers (amongst other people) in the Larrick (and Sainsbury's on Green Lanes).
Sean Hughes also seen in the Larrick.
Cute dark haired guy from Queer as Folk - guess where!
Dr Legg, looking a bit worse for where, yup, he was walking past the Larrick, as was evil male screw from Bad Girls.
- Johnny Lydon(aka Rotten) is an ex resident,he lived here with his family. He is still very loyal to the area and 'the herd'(arsenal) as well as his mates which I hear he still keeps in contact with.
- Graham Bond - Organist, Occultist, Alto Sax player and 'progressive blues' musician of the 1960s- sadly ended his life under a tube train at finsbury park station on may 8th 1974.
- Main character from Nick Hornby's High Fidelity supposedly lived on Stroud Green Road, I think. The record shop supposed to be on Seven Sisters Road.
- Lofty from Eastenders
- Gilbert and George were beaten up here once.
The Sex Pistols used to live here, dunno if they still do.
Nick Hornby lives fairly nearby - near Holloway Tube Station.
So does Keith Allen.
And I know a film director who lives just down the road but he wouldn't want me to let him ou of the bag.
Oh, and that guy Leon from Movie Virgins lives very very close.
- Roland Gift, Tony Blair when young and poor
- Pete Shelley out of the Buzzcocks lives here.
- Julian Clery Waitorse best place to star spot
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: Resident, jenni beaton, former resident, simon, Christine Thomas, Andy p, matt yarnton, rose, Andy Porter, Dan, Pete Stean, Kas, Emma Weston, Mockney, generic, john fenton, Paul lazarra, Mark, Lindsey, elfish, Claire Bithell, vicki edwards, Uq, Dave, Eddie Munster, Joe Mills, Laura, sadat, David Marriott, Lisa Drugan, jo, sue, lisa, Giles, urban miss, Angelina, Angelina Baker, Philippa, Sarah Merrick, Vince Halsey, gerry smith
Last updated: 2008-10-14
More stuff about Finsbury Park
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- Finsbury Park Knowhere Board