Favourite Building in Finsbury Park, Greater London*
Art deco, contemporary, futuristic, tall, short...
You can tell us more about Finsbury Park.
- The Old Dairy pub - fascinating exterior.
- The mosque!
- The Rainbow theatre - now a church and usually covered up in banners reading "get your holy oil here Feb 28th" etc. but it's a great old building and was even better when the Rainbow name was still up on it..... There's also a great looking church at the top of fonthill road - it looks like something out of ancient Greece but is tucked away.
- The Hornsey Rd Baths which have long since closed but the 'diving lady' which is still iluminated at night is a sight that means your in finsbury park.I've heard that the site is to be built on soon but I should imagine the 'lady' is listed.
Also 'The Rainbow theatre' which was venue for some really famous gigs in the past-Beatles/The clash/slade/Rod Stewart to name but a few. Now unfortunately a nouveux church!
- The caff in finsbury park itself. I've just always loved it.
- Alexander Buildings (that strange-but-cool tower across from the Blackstock pub).
- If the Rainbow didn't have 'god' and 'jesus' written all over it...
actually the church opposite my house is pretty. and my bedroom's nice too... and Tesco's is useful so is the tube station...
- The Rainbow ...what a tragedy..now some mad-ass house of god
- Lots when you look up though council need to rejeuvenate area
- The Old Dairy Pub reminds us all of when london still had fields.
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: Resident, jenni beaton, former resident, simon, Christine Thomas, Andy p, matt yarnton, rose, Andy Porter, Dan, Pete Stean, Kas, Emma Weston, Mockney, generic, john fenton, Paul lazarra, Mark, Lindsey, elfish, Claire Bithell, vicki edwards, Uq, Dave, Eddie Munster, Joe Mills, Laura, sadat, David Marriott, Lisa Drugan, jo, sue, lisa, Giles, urban miss, Angelina, Angelina Baker, Philippa, Sarah Merrick, Vince Halsey, gerry smith
Last updated: 2008-10-14
More stuff about Finsbury Park
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- Finsbury Park Knowhere Board