Buskers, Street Entertainers in Finsbury Park, Greater London*
Places to find public entertainment
You can tell us more about Finsbury Park.
Buskers, Street Entertainers
- Finsbury park is just generally quality for spotting window lickers!
- To list the full range of "interesting characters" who patrol the area between the tube station and Seven Sisters road would take about a week.
- The Big Issue seller at Finsbo Park tube station, he cheers me up as I go to work in the morning with his patter: "Who's gonna take a Big Issue this morning and keep the homeless dry and warm? Don't be walk by, don't be shy, don't turn a blind eye, give us a try"
- If you do see a busker with a genuine musical instrument in his/her hand DO NOT PANIC. The area is undergoing urban regeneration even as we speak.
- The heroin ravaged big issue seller that pesters women and begs for 'small' from anyone that unfortunately looks at him. Some days he's up, other days he's wired. In the summer he's everyone's friend, in the winter he's incredibly bitter. Will inform you about his twin brother who keeps getting back on the 'brown' and the amount of fights they've previously had. I've seen him drink from a split can of Special Brew and shout at two black kids for smashing a half-bottle (mini) of rum....he may have nothing, but he's got his principles!!!
- Guy with dog outside Tesco's is good. Think he's welsh
- The station from time to time. I used to play in a band and we found a great cello player here!
- Occasional band outside the station, one guy on guitar, one on bongoes, one on tamborine. as good as it sounds.
- The nearest thing there is to 'Street entertainment' is the huge number of drunks... more sad than entertaining I guess.
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: Resident, jenni beaton, former resident, simon, Christine Thomas, Andy p, matt yarnton, rose, Andy Porter, Dan, Pete Stean, Kas, Emma Weston, Mockney, generic, john fenton, Paul lazarra, Mark, Lindsey, elfish, Claire Bithell, vicki edwards, Uq, Dave, Eddie Munster, Joe Mills, Laura, sadat, David Marriott, Lisa Drugan, jo, sue, lisa, Giles, urban miss, Angelina, Angelina Baker, Philippa, Sarah Merrick, Vince Halsey, gerry smith
Last updated: 2008-10-14
More stuff about Finsbury Park
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- Finsbury Park Knowhere Board