The Worst Things in Finsbury Park, Greater London*
The entirely missable and worth mentioning because of it
You can tell us more about Finsbury Park.
The Worst Things
- The locals who think Finsbury Park is a cool area, duh go figure retards!
- no decent shopping - all shops round the station are generally horrible and make the place look nasty - the flower shop has the only decent frontage - until these places are fixed up the area will always have a scummy reputation! hopefully once the station is finished things will start to change....
- Up-to-your-knees litter & the high density of scary people.
- Aggressive youths - wannabe gangsta types and the influx of Eastern Europeans who spend all their time shouting in the park. In nearby Clissold Park, you see families enjoying pleasant days out. You hear people speaking to each other politely - in English. Contrast that with Finsbury Park.
Tramps by the park gates
Litter outside shops on Stroud Green Road
- Weirdos, freaks, madmen, scary, Scary freaks, mad weirdos etc.
- Traffic, parking, smell, locals, bad kids, spitting, chewing gum everywhere, too many takeaways, too many bad takeaways,
- Fonthill road is pretty awful on a saturday - avoid at all costs unless you want to be crushed by frenzied shoppers (women mainly)
Gooners also invade every now and then, but generally don't cause any hassle at all. The junction of Blackstock road and Rock street can be pretty weird if you're female and alone, but only because of the bizarre hissing noise the men who hang around there outside the cafes make......
- Scary people....a lot of scary people.
- The begging and the litter.
- The Ghetto Youths are taking over, Please make your bid to claim back a pretty cool, relaxed area.
- It's reputation for unsafe streets which is unfounded it's no better or worse than any other London inner city area.
- no sports shops/record shops/clubs..late night drinking holes
- Some of the beggars get a bit intimidating-especially at nite.
- Wish the councils would sort out the street cleaning situation.
- New influx of Algerians. I'm not racist but they spit a lot and leer. Yuk. Rubbish in the streets. Drunks at the tube and park gates
- So much to choose from, so little time. This area is criminally neglected as a result of being at the intersection of 3 local authorities. Plus all the scum (crackheads, winoes etc) come up from King's Cross whenever the cops clamp down there. There's a particularly foul stretch of pavement on 7 sisters road between Blackstock road and Wilberforce road.
- Gangs of youths
- A little bit unsafe at night, but no worse than anywhere else in zone 2.
- Of a night time ity's one of the most intimidating places I've ever been.
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: Resident, jenni beaton, former resident, simon, Christine Thomas, Andy p, matt yarnton, rose, Andy Porter, Dan, Pete Stean, Kas, Emma Weston, Mockney, generic, john fenton, Paul lazarra, Mark, Lindsey, elfish, Claire Bithell, vicki edwards, Uq, Dave, Eddie Munster, Joe Mills, Laura, sadat, David Marriott, Lisa Drugan, jo, sue, lisa, Giles, urban miss, Angelina, Angelina Baker, Philippa, Sarah Merrick, Vince Halsey, gerry smith
Last updated: 2009-01-15
More stuff about Finsbury Park
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- Finsbury Park Knowhere Board