Corner eateries, quick bites and the local chippy
You can tell us more about Forest Hill.
- Forest Hill has every pizza franchise and around 5 different chinese takeaways.
- Do not go to Lattitude under any circumstances. The food is atrocious, everything we ordered arrived at the table either overcooked, undercooked or unedible. The old saying goes.......... "you get what you pay for", this restaurant offers cheap meals, and what you get is a cheap meal of the poorest quality. This really was hell's kitchen. Oh, one good thing, the wine list was excellent.
- DO NOT GO TO McDONALDS! UURRGGGHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
- The orchard was very friendly and food was fantastic.
- Latitude - just opened where the banqueting hall used to be next to McD's, is fab for dinner (two courses for just over a tenner) and has good wine. could do with some sofas though. Use it or lose it, like everything in FH
Ginkos is pretty good too
- The Orchard restaurant is good modern European, moderately priced. It's a pity Poochies closed down, that was a good bistro.
- The Elachi on Stanstead Road (towards Catford) is everything an upmarket local Indian should be.
- How many fast food take aways does one district need!!!!!
- Poochies has closed (apparently it was famous for its rude waiters - maybe that's why it closed) and The Jolly Bee chip shop has taken its place. Les Foret des Amis is a great French restaurant on Perry Vale with a lovely garden where you play boules with the very gallic chef.
- Check out the Dewaniam on Stanstead Road, - fabulous find
- Cumming up for some wicked goat and peas.
- I've always wondered about Poochie's Bistro across the road from the train station... I mean if they can't be bothered with a better name for the place then what's the point?
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: tris, Julia Channon, Tim Sandars, Rosie Murray-West, susan taylor, Perry, Julia, dom, jizz, sarah edmonds, June Yee, Les Newman, generic, Robert Wilson, Susie Blyth, lw, G, Mario, Emily Partridge, jane rowbottom, Janice Nolan, Oly, Louise Clarke, Paul, firstname.lastname@example.org, Michael Keefe, Tim, edvard, Jennifer Taylor, marie, Rod Murdison, sweeto, donna whitney, Moira Roberts
Last updated: 2008-10-14
More stuff about Forest Hill
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- Forest Hill Knowhere Board