Skateboarding Spots in Forest Hill, Greater London*
Skate parks, street spots, waxed curbs, stairs, steps, handrails, skate ramps
You can tell us more about Forest Hill.
- There is crap skate park in an estate by the bridege between sydenham and forets hill stations, right by the track. It has a fun box (bump at bottom, almost unskateable) and a kicker and 2 rails about 10cm off ground but the ground is so bumpy that it is impossible to skate.
There is a smooooooth 3 set in horniman gardens.
Forest hill sainsburies is great on a wet day.
Rumour has it that there may soon be an indoor park in finches, or at lesat a mini ramp. The guy in there told me that it might be ready for summer 2010 with a possible street course.
There a petition for Mayow Park.
Forest Hill school is sick for skating if you find a way in.
Otherwise, for better stuff, skate peckham beckenhamn and cantelowes and brixton.
- theres a miniature skatpark by the railway near a council esate and a concrete football pitch but the concrete is hopeless, all bumpy etc. There is a kicker ramp two grind rails and a miniramp but its pretty crap. No one actually skates there. Go to Betts park, beckenham place or somewhere else.
- Little skateboarders can have a whole load of skateboarding fun on the concrete football pitch at the bottom of Horniman Gardens.
- Half way between Forest hill station and Sydenham girls theres a nice, long low square rail, good for practice. Needs wax though. Closer to the station r a couple of nice benches, not too gd for grinding but gd for practising tricks on and off.
Just behind the petrol station on Stanstead road, near the fire station is a gd area. Loadsa steps, going from a 2 set to a 12 set. An ok handrail on the 8 set if ya can do handrails yet
- One place, just one.
The easyest way to get to it is through an ally near the trainstation heading towards Sydenham, near a block of flats, it has to grind bars and two kick boxes, very hard to find if you don't know the area, and what's more is the area it's in!, you'll probly have trouble with the Nike wearing locals.
Just down the road is my place, with a ramp out the back :p
- STRAIGHT DOWN LONDON ROAD - Top to bottom is best (uphill is pretty dumb) So yeah go to the top of london road just near esso, and skate to the station. If ya can handle it that is!
- Manor Mount - 1 in 6 but mind the corner at the bottom.
- Try the middle of the nearby South Circular.
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: tris, Julia Channon, Tim Sandars, Rosie Murray-West, susan taylor, Perry, Julia, dom, jizz, sarah edmonds, June Yee, Les Newman, generic, Robert Wilson, Susie Blyth, lw, G, Mario, Emily Partridge, jane rowbottom, Janice Nolan, Oly, Louise Clarke, Paul, firstname.lastname@example.org, Michael Keefe, Tim, edvard, Jennifer Taylor, marie, Rod Murdison, sweeto, donna whitney, Moira Roberts
Last updated: 2009-02-01
More stuff about Forest Hill
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- Forest Hill Knowhere Board