The Best Things in Gillingham, Kent*
If you're around, be sure to check these things out
You can tell us more about Gillingham.
The Best Things
- GFC are Gods. Best football team on earth.
- Jon-paul nielsen local legend
- Driving out of the cunt hole
- Driving out of the cunt hole
- The Library is a fantastic local resource. The staff are generally extremely helpful and the building itself has a lovely atmosphere. Good sized market, appreciate having a quality butcher and grocer (Rook and Qin's) on the high street. The Lines Park is great and the area is packed with history.
- The Strand @ about 6.30 or 7am in the summer.
Listening to the Skylarks on what is left of The (once) Great Lines.
- Storm Disco, South Sounds Disco, and the new Diamond Video Disco. Three mobile disco's worth looking into.
- leaving gillingham
- fairly quiet, people are generally freindly easy going, central to medway easy access to nearby towns and good transport, market not bad on twice a week, football stadium for those interested, skating ring and park
- There are no best things in gillingham! lived there 40 years! its ok if you like heroin,crack,prostitutes,thieving bastards that will nick anything, peodophiles,just about anything nasty gillinham has the lot! wen i grew up as a lad i frequently learned about men that abused their children and allowed friends to do the same, everyone knew about it yet still associated with the bastards! there`s a big evil grey cloud that looms over the place the best thing that could happen to it is demolition via a nuclear detenation! gillingham is a seething cesspit of corruption and violence inhabited by many interbred families! this is true everyone knows!
- the rail link to london that got me out.
- subsonic at the tap n tin new years eve, and every saturday after that.
- nothing gillingham is crap
- Gillingham has the highest drug related crime rate of any town in the country, so thats one thing its 'best' for, although very dubiously. And, of course, THE GILLS, simply the best football club in the country!!!
- There is loads to do
- THE BEST THINGS IN LIFE ARE FREE!!!!!!!!!!!1
This is so true.
- Capstone Park its a great place to go on a hot and sunny day and just chill out on the big hills. Or chase your mates round it on your bikes.
- Moving away soon
- The best thing about Gillingham is that it is so eeeeeeeeasy to be one of the "IN" crowd as no one is anyone without a fridge freezer, old washing machine, or rare but highly sought after, chest freezer in their front garden. Simple really! There are countless shops near the bottom of canterbury street that sell them in an UNworking order anyway!
- PINK TURBAN INDIAN TAKEAWAY
- I lived there for nearly 25 years,so I know most of it like the back of my hand.
- Me! The easy skankin' birds with their fake attitudes! London is easy by train.
- Gillingham FC, Medway League local football
- Tescos Bowater. a cultural landmark for most.
- its not that bad if u dont go in the centre of gillingham of twydall, stay in parkwood or rainham (thats where the nice people live). and rainham grill is open til 2 in the mornin on a saturady night and tescos is 24hrs except on a saturday nite but the garage is open!
- Cheap house prices yet rising quickly.
Access to good shopping facilities (in Chatham)
- bed time when you dont have to look at how ugly Gillingham has become.
- Easy women with tight arses
- We're talking about Gillingham...porbably Parklife every year - except now it's been cancelled cos of those chavs.
- If you love a PEACEFUL and QUIET, YOB and CRIME FREE (at least for the most part!)ESTATE WHERE YOU CAN DO THE WEEKLY SHOP WITHOUT WALKING FOR MILES (THEY'VE EVEN GOT A CASH MACHINE IN SPAR)GO LIVE IN TWYDALL! YOU WONT GET HASSLED BY PATHETIC IMMATURE TEENAGERS BECAUSE THEY THINK THE PLACE IS BORING!!! GOOD!!! ALL THE MORE FOR US PEACEFUL FOLKS!!
- That "Parklife" festival in Gillingham Park. Oh, how the town rocks to the sound of Metal and Punk insted and Speed Garage wank. On the downside, it appears the law to drink White Lightning...
- Barnsole Road Junior School, Train Station, Christchurch Girls were always willing.
- All the cool people who listen to good music, and refuse to subscribe to the 'Kevin' factor of Gillingham.
Every July there is also the inspirational Parklife day - a great showcase for local, up and coming talent, which brings together sections of the community who simply want to listen to great music. Definitley the highlight of the year!
- It is'nt claustrophobic unlike Chatham. The Arseholes and Heroin Dealers that live here can be avoided easily by ignoring them. Those that criticise Gillingham should go to Gravesend and compare. Access to London and South coast, by road and rail are good.
- Saturday afternoon in the Britton Farm watching Sky Sports.
- Moving away
- the fact that the area is so shit that if u go anywhere else u appreciate it. even Stoke looked nice!!
- FOOTBALL TEAM!
- Gillingham FC
Loads of kebab shops.
The Darland Banks.
The riverside cycle track (in progress).
- The hoards of squaddies from the Royal School of Military Engineering!!!!!
Men in uniform....yum!
- The Fabulous Camping and Caravanning Shop - Camping Intdrnational on Watling Street. It has EVERYTHING. Even if you don't camp or caravan! And helpful staff - which makes a nice change!
- The road out of it
THE STRAND also see below
- The Strand, where you can join the Saxon Shore Way.
- The Football Club and the freaks
- It's only 50 minutes from London and not far from some nice country pubs.
- Quasar in Duncan St
- There is a singularly unique populace in Gillingham : no sense, common or fashion wise.
- heampstead valley shopping centre.[heampstead valley got its name in the middle ages due to the plants that were grown there].
- "The Gills" are Gillingham's local football (soccer) team and at the moment are top of their league.
- The Avenue is cool.
- Top Kebab shop rules.
- Gillingham FC got promoted.
- I live there.
- Loads of tasty birds.
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: toby, Catherine, NICOLE LINNELL, laura, paul gardiner, kim, Ian Harvey, martin, MERVYN, RICHARD CULSHAW, Aaron b, tommy. c, Chris D Ford, Robin, ken, Mel Colli, Mike Young, bj, Dizzee, al, matt field, Geordie, JH, Dazza, g-nom, Kirk Goodman, fallenaynjel, Fred, Rian Cox, richard harding, Jenny, James Burdass, Shell, Tim Harrison, gillz boi, Nick, juz, Steven, Phil, dj warren subsonic, Pear, Choices, Karen, Chloe Raby, jimbob, Neil, #, David, Simon, dee, Stephen Foy, Delay, sandra, ALIEN, Debs, Marsh, Matt childs, Saff, Andy Elford, Gerard Woodward, Vu, chris armstrong, Earl, f.p.bushnell, Haboym Naamah, C Patch, Amy Hall, Andrew Pridmore, Miss.Matthews, Dan :), Jed, marko, dave loveridge, Donna, Maxwell Steer, carl, JULIE BEN, eeebop, generic, Barry Archer, jonathan wood, nick smith, DAVE, chris gray, Moosehound , Dez, Mr Leigh, jimbo, Nicky, Steve Ford, gillingham boy, Phil Ball, Glen Diamond, Liz Horton, tina, raja miah, karlla, chloe rankin, Rachel, vichi1982, Simon Maynard, stuart, Sean Delay, Sean, a.welton, danielle, Linda Warwick, phil bye, steve B., Kevin Reardon, lisa, dj, Nick (i run fings) Larkin, John, Mary Barnard
Last updated: 2017-01-09
More stuff about Gillingham
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- Gillingham Knowhere Board