Record Shops in Gillingham, Kent*
The places where you buy your music
You can tell us more about Gillingham.
- Small record shop in Canterbury Street close to the night-club
- Medway Records has many collectable titles but the owner is plain greedy. Most are priced up at 'Mint' prices but have plenty of defects - Inspect Carefully. Also he's reluctant to offer any discounts, even on multiple purchases. Have heard some bad stories about this seller....pays pennies for stuff and marks it all up for top whack - avoid. Magic Discs have less collectable stuff but are extremely friendly and will usually offer good deals if you spend a few quid. They also pay better rates on collections. If you look thru their stock carefully they will often have decent gear for sale.
- MEDWAY RECORDS just up from nightclub in canterbury st, great shop for back catalogue cds, dvds & videos (NEW & PRE-OWNED) also has a nice range of collectors vinyl from the 50s-60s-70s-80s. this guy is very particular with the quality of his stock,
- (MEDWAY RECORDS) is great shop in canterbury street & has a great range of collectors vinyl, the guy is called phil & has been trading for 13 years at this shop he has a large range of collectors records from the 50S/60S/70S/80S & mainly in top condition,there is also a great range of mainly back catalogue cds as well as dvds & videos, this guy will put himself out to help if you are looking for a something particular ( THIS SHOP IS A MUST )5* rating
- I go to sounds perfect in chatham high steet opposite argos
- Magic disks, cool dog, what is he smoking???
- Second hand records Canterbury Street or Chatham
- Vigin in chatham or in the hempstead valley Shopping centre.
- Try V Shop in Chatham
- sounds are perfect,chatham, they are great. if you want grungy or goth music they have it, but if you want dane or jazz, they have that to.
- Sounds Perfect - sounds perfect, looks perfect, my god, if it weren't in chatham high street, it would BE perfect.
- Loco's, but thats in Chatham. Apart from that n-o-n-e!
- the second hand record shop next to cats protection league is pretty good
- theres the 1 near maccy d's but i duno if its closed down now. o yeah, and the well named 'The record shop' opposite the zone. good place if your over 50 and deaf.
- Magic Discs. Looks a shitheap from the outside (a la Gillingham), but lots of cool retro stuff. And a scary looking dog.
- loco records run by gary is a good shop for all types of dance music (dont mention to gary if chelsea lost!)
- littl eshop down past the bottom of Canturbury street lots of old rock, punk, indie records. bloke a bit further up sells seond hanf good selection
- Loco in Chatham High street the tesco's end is a good record shop but even better is Touch in Gillingham just outside the high street near where Quaser used to be (big shout to Dennis the owner keep getting garage and blow off the dance music)
- Sounds Perfect. Case rested.
- There is, of course, only are oly two decent record shops in Medway - 1) Magic Discs on Canterbury Street; the other is Sounds Perfect in Chatham High Street (opposite Argos)
- Medway record centre, canterbury st. Better than Sounds Perfect for vinyl, but does stock some unusual CDs. Magic Discs is overpriced; all the vinyl looks like it has been sandpapered but still carries a £10 price tag. How DO they make a living?
- Medway Record Centre, Canterbury Street. Good for vinyl and a good range of eclectic CDs, Both formats either new or 2nd hand and usually at reasonable prices. Magic discs is WANK ; Overpriced vinyl, all of which looks like it has been cleaned with sandpaper and it smells of stale joss sticks!(Bloody Hippies!).
- The vinyl in Magic Discs is utter rubbish. overpriced and all knackered Try the other shop in canterbury st
- magic discs is the best and mick and dave know what they are doing and the dog bob is so cute and playful
- U MUST BE JOKING!
- Magic disks in Skinner St is OK but overpriced - haggling is essential.
- Magidisk in Canterbury Street (where it cuts the High St) is worth a look. New & 2nd Hand records & CDs. Also has a few collectables.
- Cool little record shop on Skinner/Canterbury Street run by a guy called Mick and a formidable dog that likes humping people
- Best Bet is the Woolie's Bargain Bin! A good second hand place where Canterbury street meets the High Street(good for vinyl, if you're still into environment destroying music forms just cos they're bigger, so you can have a bigger picture on the sleeve. I suppose you buy big print edition books as well. Try Peter and Jane went to the seaside. I've got it, it's dead good.)
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: toby, Catherine, NICOLE LINNELL, laura, paul gardiner, kim, Ian Harvey, martin, MERVYN, RICHARD CULSHAW, Aaron b, tommy. c, Chris D Ford, Robin, ken, Mel Colli, Mike Young, bj, Dizzee, al, matt field, Geordie, JH, Dazza, g-nom, Kirk Goodman, fallenaynjel, Fred, Rian Cox, richard harding, Jenny, James Burdass, Shell, Tim Harrison, gillz boi, Nick, juz, Steven, Phil, dj warren subsonic, Pear, Choices, Karen, Chloe Raby, jimbob, Neil, #, David, Simon, dee, Stephen Foy, Delay, sandra, ALIEN, Debs, Marsh, Matt childs, Saff, Andy Elford, Gerard Woodward, Vu, chris armstrong, Earl, f.p.bushnell, Haboym Naamah, C Patch, Amy Hall, Andrew Pridmore, Miss.Matthews, Dan :), Jed, marko, dave loveridge, Donna, Maxwell Steer, carl, JULIE BEN, eeebop, generic, Barry Archer, jonathan wood, nick smith, DAVE, chris gray, Moosehound , Dez, Mr Leigh, jimbo, Nicky, Steve Ford, gillingham boy, Phil Ball, Glen Diamond, Liz Horton, tina, raja miah, karlla, chloe rankin, Rachel, vichi1982, Simon Maynard, stuart, Sean Delay, Sean, a.welton, danielle, Linda Warwick, phil bye, steve B., Kevin Reardon, lisa, dj, Nick (i run fings) Larkin, John, Mary Barnard
Last updated: 2012-03-17
More stuff about Gillingham
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- Gillingham Knowhere Board