Places to go to see the latest releases
You can tell us more about Glasgow.
- cineworld on renfrew street, fukin awesome.
- UGC, or is it UCG??? the huge cinema that u can see from prqactically everywhere in glasgow
- plenty in the city centre
- the UGC. tallest cinema in europe(maybe world???) its got a bar and that so u can git drunk and smoke dope in the tiolets.
the odeon has tiolets miles down a coredor, perfect for a quick toke.
- Centre fo Contemporary Arts and Glasgow Film Theatre, just off Sauchihall St. is the most important cinema. It holds character and is cheap; screening independent and foreign films with much more intelligence and wit than you ge with your 'A BAD REMAKE OF AN ALREADY SHITE FILM' at the UGC, Odeons and so on.
- UGC Glasgow City Centre - wide selection of films both blockbuster and quirky. And best of all your feet don't stick to the floor!
- grosvenor cinema - great!!! the seats are the comfiest cinema seats in the WHOLE world!
- Rio .
- The UGC Renfrew Street is my favourite. I love big cinemas!
- GFT show some foreign films and independant films.
- UGC - go to the top and then take the lift on the right down, It's like falling to your death!!
Odeon - SHITE!
Quay -good, get the hotdog with chillies, cheese sauce and onions (ass tommy K and Mustard to taste)
- The new UGC by the Concert Hall is cool - loads of films, and easy to book on-line in advance to guarantee a seat.
- UGC is flashy, fancy and has 2 bars and The Quay has a huge free car park.
- UCG Cinema
- There's a huge UGC near Sauchiehall Street, one of, if not THE biggest cinema in Europe. What a place!
The Odeon is still going, despite competition from the UGC.
Apparently, there's a cinema reopened in Byres road. Now I haven't seen it, but I hear it has a nifty art deco exterior, and the interior is pretty fancy.
- UGC ODEON
- Independent Cinema at the Glasgow Film Theatre - A Nice Old Style Cinema with a lovely cafe.
- The UCI in Glasgow a short walk up hill from Central Train Station is the best cinema in Glasgow (don't mistake it for the odeon). It is the largest cinema in Europe and has about 12 floors (tip: go way up to the top on the esculators even if your movie is on the bottom floor for the best view of Glasgow and it looks really great at night too!)
- UGC - the Odeon toilets are always covered in pish!
- UGC is the best value also situated in the town. And why not ride up the big blue escalators over and over til youre sick
- the UGC cinema in towns the best, its also the tallest in the world!
- UGC - good
Odeon - bad.
- Best is the new UCG - big comfy seats and a building straight out of the Towering Inferno. Alternatively, there is the old odeon in renfield street, but its not great. Spingfield Quay offers hotshots - a bowling and pool hall, with a nearby odeon cinema, and some ridiculously proced restaurants. GFT in sauchiehall steet shows all the arty stuff.
- There is a UGC the size of the marshmallow man in Ghostbusters and shows blockbuster bollocks, The GFT is the one for arthouse nonsense.
- glsgow film theatre
- I really HATE the UCI cinema in Clydebank, for one reason, I was watching a movie when these sengas (female neds) spat on my and flung chewing gum in my hair... basically because I myself am not a ned or senga...... The UGC in Glasgow's city center is GREAT! a bit dear though... just a small bit..
- ugc cinema's in the town ....brand new it iz mobbed on friday and saturday nites
- That wee one on Ashton Lane is good.
- Not a big fan of the cinema, im a tall boy and seats are too small, would have to be the quey if i was fourced, saying that a fuckin' huge UGC has just opened havent tried it out yet
- since neds now enjoy gracing cinemas with their unwanted company nowhere is safe.except for the GFT.where you 'll find all the tuts bar staff watching french war films...just because
- the big new UGC
- Odeon at the Quay...the best..
- GFT. Great place. International culture stuf' like that....
- The wee teeny one that is years old in Ashton Lane in the West End - v. kooky!
- GFT is the best for foreign and specialist films - it's got a great atmosphere too, and a wee cafe! Also, the Grosvenor in Ashton Lane is a nice wee place, but there are only two screens. Worth going to, as it is cheaper than the bigger places.
- Why has the Glasgow Film Theatre become so BORING. And so full of bourgeoise tossers???
- muirend cinema in the southside is cheap
- the gft has more than style. it has class.
- One just about to open is the UGC on Renfield St.Its HUGE!!!
- The Quay off Paisley Road West not only has a huge Odeon but also a club, bingo hall and several restaurants.
For an old time cinema experience try the GFT.
- The Quay is the most decent place
- there is a wee cinema in Hillheed called the Grovesner it is right beside the subway and dead handy
- Wouldn't bother. (No smoking, - fine!) Down to the video shop and get a good selection, some munchies, maybe a game for my PC, and head home, happy as a pig in mire. Stuff the cinemas.
- Grosvenor and GFT. Bitchin!!!
- The Grosvenor on Ashton lane. Cheap and cheerful and they show all the best films
- Several. The biggest, newest and best is the Odean at the Quay. 12 Screen Multiplex. Huge seats, big screens and AMAZING sound systems. Others include Odean just of Suchihall Street (6 Screens). MGM at end of Suchihall St, and Small cinema in Jamaca St specialising in Foriegn and adult films.
- GFT best art film selection, Grovesnor has cheap student prices, and ODEON for all the big releases, plus new Showcase Complex (huge) outside the city
- GFT is only unusual cinema, not has a satellite cinema at Glasgow University. Mostly Euro art-house movies. Ashton Lane - good choice but a bit wee
- The Glasgow Film Theatre . Just of Sauchiehall street.Very small cinema that shows everything from new releases to wierd forgein films. You must go once it will make you feel really cool/studentish
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: Kevin Burleigh, Tom Murray, emma watson, Gary B, mick, jonny snee, brian robinson, neil, Andy Roberts, modeski, janet, Tony Love, Mike Kulwicki, Ashley, Russell Cassidy, Karl', Joker, andy brown, chrisy, Claire, Malky, Iain Sandlan, Ciaran M., Dave, jay hoolihan, Samantha, frank, audrey horton, Natalie, ricky, Drew, lj, johnny, Robert Shah, Magnum, pauline connolly, m0r1arty, Noeleen-Anne Murphy, LM, sam coleman, sarah, Kevin Wilson, David Cameron, Ross Aitchison, tom simpson, Yon Yin, stacey, ivor biggun, Pooka, jules, SARAH LAKER, andrea, Decci, Morag Malloy, jonathan emery, Angie P, Windmill, jake, Becky Thomson, leighlou, tommy hopper, Mike, matt, Steve Kelly, Michael Devaney, bigjtlh, fi, Andy C, ybf ya bass, Hecotr, DRUNKEN JOCK, gemma, Jamie, laure, hoggie, alannisbet, peter the painter, JENNY, *, STUART ELLIOTT, settlov, amserious, Jimmy, David Tait, darren, tino, Disco Davy, Robert Gillespie, jcn, jiop, Max Murphy, Michael Cameron, paul jarvie, Dauvit Alexander, SRD, Lorna, Kerr, Andy, Teresa Attwater, jim thomas, Phil Howie, Mike Malcolm, Tracy, Susan J Matthews, Peter Halliday, David Evans, Katie Sutherland, Niall, FRASER MCNEILL, Lennox Ogilvie, iain, jav, Mizium, Gunner, louise, Skate Cambie, Craig Morris, wee man, Kenny Hamilton, lukez, James, electrochix, Alice, Kelly McGachy, Jess, joe Blow, ruth mackenzie, ed smith, Brian, Neil Burrows, rebecca ridding, James Grady, Fergie, cat, marky wilson, Hazel, Unhappy, Jen Lavery, Phil, jason, jackie, teggs, Nokbongwa, sappa, Trip, David, peter, GCHALMERS, Anne Horner, Stephen, Stuart Forsyth, James Murray, Fitlike, Ash Duffy, Andy Steele, Kev Stronach, caitlyn maccabe, Jane, David Roddie, Swirly, Brian Mcculloch, Derek Sweeney, margaret bean, M., m.c.muir, tim mc tim, stu, Vic Reeves, JOE MCDOUGLE, j, ian, claire mccluskey, john smith, Wodieskodie, Paul Climie, Kamilah Neighbors, kelsey, Neil gilkison, Nobreath, susan, Alan, Zhan McIntyre, Derek Dunnington, Suzanne C, generic, Katie, Danny, nemisis, jerry adams, Vikki Laing, Audrey, paul mcdonagh, Michael, mark bryans, Ronnie, Paula McGuinness, COLIN FRASER, kyle.campbell, wilkie, yungster, Shirley, Holly, Kelly Durham, Muninn, Ray, catherine s, Alex Boyd, bevy, Rob, wolfie1979, gordyboy, Gary Boi, Louise Carruthers, Deputy Davieboy, jennifer, John, Gillian, TD, David Reilly, Douglas Nicol
Last updated: 2008-10-14
More stuff about Glasgow
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- Glasgow Knowhere Board