Cafes and Coffee Shops in Glasgow, Strathclyde*
High tea and a sticky bun
You can tell us more about Glasgow.
Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Sith Cafe (shee) - @ 459 Dumbarton Road, Partick - great coffee, organic snacks etc, good prices. They let you sit and read, free wifi - board games...
- Starbucks in the Princes Square is my favourite. Quiet.
- St Enochs Centre Food Court
- Cafe Hula gives u a discount if u say ur an actor
- You all have to try out "CAFE WANDER". It's a fresh, young, inviting cafe. Rather cheap prices, and excellent food.
Location: Positioned in the city centre - 110 west george street - it has a prime location.
Atmosphere: As you enter through the doors you automatically feel a happy. The bright, cheery welcome from the delightful staff gives it an inviting atmosphere.
Staff: The staff greet you warmly and keep a close eye on you to attend to your every need.
Food: Made freshly you can choose from panninis, sandwhichs, salads, soups, baked potatoes, wraps etc. It is all fresh and made before your eyes (all very hygenic) unless it is warm in which it is in the kitchen.
Fresh fruit smoothies are delightful and the freshly squeezed orange juice is to die for
Price: It is very reasonable, ranging from roughly £3 for soup to about £4 for a wrap.
Overall: An immense cafe, just "wanderful"
- byres rd
- Starbuck's, Costa, Nero...All the same. Where the Monkey Sleeps and a few other sandwich bars in Merchant City are of any note.
- Pret, Sauchihall Street. Good sandwiches although the staff can be a little odd...
- You can find a Starbucks/Costa/Cafe Nerro anywhere in Glasgow - one seems to open every other week.
Hey check out this cool recording studio in Glasgows Westend. We had a great recording session & payed a great price. Gotta be the cheapest.
GoGoStudios Multimedia firstname.lastname@example.org
For professionals & the creative on a budget!
- Tinderbox on Byres Road have a good lunchy menu and live music on Thursady nights
- Cafe Lava, trendy, cool sandwich shop in the Trongate area. Good value soup and bread deals. Great coffee. During the week it's a bit of a hang out for the court lawyers down there but at the weekend there is a young feel to the place. Sometimes ost good photo exhibits and have decent selection of music in the cafe and on their website at www.cafelava.com. Few Glasgow Bevvy heads hang around the area but no trouble.
- Cafe Lava opposite St Andrews Church, St Andrews Street (Nr Trongate) has FREE internet access and FREE Wi Fi spot. Coffee and snacks, some expensive. Good place to listen to the free albums on their computer.
- Ahem! - Coffee Shops?
- Any of the greasy spoon cafes in the vicinity of the ship-yards. You get some of the best food in Glasgow and at the cheapest prices - no wonder the city has such a bad record for heart disease. Much better than the psuedo-trendy coffee shops on the likes of Byres Road that attract the 'social movers & shakers' (ha ha)of the West-End!
- McPhees on Byres Road. All the cast from River City go in there and talk complete rubbish over a cup of coffee
- The supposed cafe on the sixth floor of the Glasgow Collage Of Building And Printing , you can buy the worst coffe , the worst food and with the worst service for only double the price of everywhere else .
- Nice Cafe is Cafe Cherubi on Gt Western Rd.
- Cafe Nero: Union Street hip coffee shop.
- criterion cafe, Louise's in the gallagate..
- go tae "da bovril" no sure wher it is
- Tinderbox - mmmm love the mocha icebox
- Costa, starbucks and other corporate nonsense.
offshore on gibson street (G12) is good.
- Daytime - just go to royal exchange square for posh cafes. For slighty seedy, try Qudos in QM union in glasgow uni, solid rock in the centre, or for posh seedy, Rufus T Firefly. All have rockier equivalents in the west end - Dumbarton Road. At night the rock cafes and 13th note.
- Offshore on Gibson Street is ace -have to say isnt AS good as it used to be, but it is still pretty damn Ace! -The Hot Chocolate there can be SOOOO yummy, but be sure to SPEEECIFY whether u want it weat or frothy or not, otherwise u'll be in for a sickly ... not so treat.
- Bloody corporate coffee shops in abundance. Nobody seems to like tea in Glesga anymore.
- Little Italy ,just ask for jeni , service with a "smile"
- if you are ever in the east end, check out Coias Cafe in Duke St.
All day breakfasts are great, as is lasagne.
Ice cream has to be tasted to be believed, and range of sweeties and chocolate is unparalleled.
Brillian choice of cigars as well!
- Yummy! University Café!! It got an award from the Queen as having the best Icecream in the UK.. or was it Europe? It's a family business shop.
- 'the café' on shettleston
- A lot of the modern continental cafes do an excellent range of coffees long overdue for such a cosmopolitan part of the globe. Starbucks, Costa etc. a wee bit pricy but at least you know you will get something of quality.
- esquires coffe on queen street was ace coz my hot girlfreind worked there but it closed down coz glasgow craves cider & club not coffe & cakes
- no, thats amsterdam
- The bookstores were nice to have a coffee. John smith, an' that other one, the big one on sauchiehall street.....
- Cafe Insomnia, Woodland Road - cappuccinos to rival any other! Plus, they nver close!! Nice relaxed atmosphere and great for a nice relaxing cuppa after a hard night @ the Arches!
- 13th Note... see comments under food.
- loads in the southside as it is home of the elderly delinquent
- The Grosvenor is good for coffee and lentil soup, and for spotting Glasgow comedic celebrities, ie. Phil Kay.
- easyeverything IS OPEN 24HRS A DAY AND IS £1 FOR 3 HRS INTERNET ACCESS
- Miss Cranston's Bakery & Coffee Shop has THE best cakes in the world. Quite pricey though.
- That place - Insomnia which is open 24 hrs in Charing Cross.
How about the Chinese restaurant in Sauchiehall st - open 24 hrs where all
the clubbers go when they are pissed at 3am?
- who needs coffee when you've got Buckie
- YOU HAVE TO LOVE GREGGS THE BAKERS, IT SERVES GREAT FOOD AND AT REALLY CHEAP PRICES! THE ONLY DOWN SIDE IS THAT EVERYONE ELSE IN THE CITY HAS WORKED THIS OUT AND THE LINE AT LUNCHTIME WILL BE FORMED RIGHT OUTSIDE THE DOOR AND HALF WAY DOWN THE STREET!
- The old sofa in Starbucks on Sauchiehall Street is the most comfortable place in the world and belongs to me after working 9-6 in Buchanan Galleries!
- there is the busy n friendly Uni cafe n there is noo quite a lot of internet cafes aboot and a nice wee wan on Dumbarton road
- For a snack or a steak you can't go wrong between Partick and Scotstoun, a great selection of cafes and restaurants right along the main drag (Dumbarton Rd). Plenty of excellent pub grub too, don't forget the bottom of Byres Rd.
- The Grosvenor Cafe. Cheap food and lots of studenty - type atmosphere.
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: Kevin Burleigh, Tom Murray, emma watson, Gary B, mick, jonny snee, brian robinson, neil, Andy Roberts, modeski, janet, Tony Love, Mike Kulwicki, Ashley, Russell Cassidy, Karl', Joker, andy brown, chrisy, Claire, Malky, Iain Sandlan, Ciaran M., Dave, jay hoolihan, Samantha, frank, audrey horton, Natalie, ricky, Drew, lj, johnny, Robert Shah, Magnum, pauline connolly, m0r1arty, Noeleen-Anne Murphy, LM, sam coleman, sarah, Kevin Wilson, David Cameron, Ross Aitchison, tom simpson, Yon Yin, stacey, ivor biggun, Pooka, jules, SARAH LAKER, andrea, Decci, Morag Malloy, jonathan emery, Angie P, Windmill, jake, Becky Thomson, leighlou, tommy hopper, Mike, matt, Steve Kelly, Michael Devaney, bigjtlh, fi, Andy C, ybf ya bass, Hecotr, DRUNKEN JOCK, gemma, Jamie, laure, hoggie, alannisbet, peter the painter, JENNY, *, STUART ELLIOTT, settlov, amserious, Jimmy, David Tait, darren, tino, Disco Davy, Robert Gillespie, jcn, jiop, Max Murphy, Michael Cameron, paul jarvie, Dauvit Alexander, SRD, Lorna, Kerr, Andy, Teresa Attwater, jim thomas, Phil Howie, Mike Malcolm, Tracy, Susan J Matthews, Peter Halliday, David Evans, Katie Sutherland, Niall, FRASER MCNEILL, Lennox Ogilvie, iain, jav, Mizium, Gunner, louise, Skate Cambie, Craig Morris, wee man, Kenny Hamilton, lukez, James, electrochix, Alice, Kelly McGachy, Jess, joe Blow, ruth mackenzie, ed smith, Brian, Neil Burrows, rebecca ridding, James Grady, Fergie, cat, marky wilson, Hazel, Unhappy, Jen Lavery, Phil, jason, jackie, teggs, Nokbongwa, sappa, Trip, David, peter, GCHALMERS, Anne Horner, Stephen, Stuart Forsyth, James Murray, Fitlike, Ash Duffy, Andy Steele, Kev Stronach, caitlyn maccabe, Jane, David Roddie, Swirly, Brian Mcculloch, Derek Sweeney, margaret bean, M., m.c.muir, tim mc tim, stu, Vic Reeves, JOE MCDOUGLE, j, ian, claire mccluskey, john smith, Wodieskodie, Paul Climie, Kamilah Neighbors, kelsey, Neil gilkison, Nobreath, susan, Alan, Zhan McIntyre, Derek Dunnington, Suzanne C, generic, Katie, Danny, nemisis, jerry adams, Vikki Laing, Audrey, paul mcdonagh, Michael, mark bryans, Ronnie, Paula McGuinness, COLIN FRASER, kyle.campbell, wilkie, yungster, Shirley, Holly, Kelly Durham, Muninn, Ray, catherine s, Alex Boyd, bevy, Rob, wolfie1979, gordyboy, Gary Boi, Louise Carruthers, Deputy Davieboy, jennifer, John, Gillian, TD, David Reilly, Douglas Nicol
Last updated: 2008-08-24
More stuff about Glasgow
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- Glasgow Knowhere Board